Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta FlyReady - Documentation Portal

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2022, 6:42 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Originally Posted by Gorby
I'm flying ATL-LHR next week and went to do my FlyReady and received the following error!

Obviously I'll bring them but ATL-LHR-LHR should be pretty straightforward! Anyone else seen that?
All the time.

Well, almost all the time. One time, for some amazing reason, FlyReady said good to go. But you still have to show up with all of the info.
strickerj likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2022, 6:47 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA
Originally Posted by RhinoDL
Once again thank all of you for helping answer questions and save me time; for my trip to AMS this Monday I will just forgo the FlyReady service and bring everything with me to the airport as it seems the app is not quite ready for primetime.

The app is fine, but they still likely won't let you board without your documentation. Which if you think about it, is probably correct. They may check some or all of it at the border of the other country.
Old Feb 26, 2022, 2:18 pm

Programs: Primarily Hilton & Delta
Originally Posted by Gorby
I'm flying ATL-LHR next week and went to do my FlyReady and received the following error!

Obviously I'll bring them but ATL-LHR-LHR should be pretty straightforward! Anyone else seen that?
I got a similar error when uploading my vaccine card. It tried to say that didn't have enough doses (I did), so I took a new picture of the card and that upload worked just fine.
Old Feb 26, 2022, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by rcmiller
I got a similar error when uploading my vaccine card. It tried to say that didn't have enough doses (I did), so I took a new picture of the card and that upload worked just fine.
Issue is image quality. A human doesn't normally look, a computer reads the image and attempts to tell if information is there.
Old Mar 2, 2022, 1:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Bumping this - about to travel internationally and would like to use a positive COVID test as sign of previous infection (early December FWIW) and recovery (it is allowed by destination) to avoid risk and potential expense of taking a new test prior to travel. It seems that FlyReady is not set up to verify documentation of a prior infection, correct? (I submitted the positive test which was rejected...)

Does anyone have firsthand experience of whether DL check-in agents will easily verify the document or will it become a cluster (there are lots of stories about agents not interpreting TIMATIC properly related to visas)?
Wondering if that risk is greater than the risk of a positive antigen test...
Old Mar 2, 2022, 1:47 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
After re-uploading a few days ago on the new page, I got an email that said my vaccine record was verified and it was green in my profile. Now it's orange and saying it's back to still being verified. Bug or what?
Old Mar 2, 2022, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by ijgordon
Bumping this - about to travel internationally and would like to use a positive COVID test as sign of previous infection (early December FWIW) and recovery (it is allowed by destination) to avoid risk and potential expense of taking a new test prior to travel. It seems that FlyReady is not set up to verify documentation of a prior infection, correct? (I submitted the positive test which was rejected...)

Does anyone have firsthand experience of whether DL check-in agents will easily verify the document or will it become a cluster (there are lots of stories about agents not interpreting TIMATIC properly related to visas)?
Wondering if that risk is greater than the risk of a positive antigen test...
The paperwork required is going to depend on the requirements of the country you're visiting.
Old Mar 2, 2022, 2:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Goodoldflyer
The paperwork required is going to depend on the requirements of the country you're visiting.
Yes, I know what paperwork is required. I'm asking if the Delta agent at the airport will. Because FlyReady does not.
Old Mar 2, 2022, 7:02 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
I have a friend who attempted travel with a positive test result and certificate of recovery (Two different items). He had recovered from COVID and tried 3 different times to get on a flight back to the USA before the airline would finally accept the doctors format. I would suggest if you can test negative that is a much better approach.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 3:23 am

Originally Posted by ryandc99
I have a friend who attempted travel with a positive test result and certificate of recovery (Two different items). He had recovered from COVID and tried 3 different times to get on a flight back to the USA before the airline would finally accept the doctors format. I would suggest if you can test negative that is a much better approach.
Getting tested isn't hard. If it has been three months, you'll likely test negative.

Just sayin'.
Statman and ryandc99 like this.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hmm, my destination (Canada) doesn't require the doctor's letter, just the positive test. But yes, a rapid test in the US is relatively easy to do. (That said, I was just at a huge indoor concert so who knows what may be inside my nostril, lol, even if my body is successfully fighting it off). Coming back I'll have to do (and pay for) the test, as I don't have the doctor's note (which would probably cost me more, if they even will write one - they wouldn't when I first recovered).
Old Mar 3, 2022, 2:18 pm

I recently used a positive test plus doctors note and had no trouble at all. This was with Aeromexico booked by Delta. They seemed familiar with the process. I had the printed CDC guidelines just in case of trouble but didn't need to use them. I guess it can depend on the station but the CDC is very clear on the positive test exemption. In my case I just printed the doctors note and could bring it up in Epic MyChart if needed.
ijgordon likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2022, 7:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well, FlyReady has just rejected my (professionally administered) rapid antigen test because "the test type is not accepted"
Per Govt of Canada:
Starting February 28: proof of a professionally administered or observed negative antigen test taken outside of Canada no more than 1 day before your scheduled flight or entry to Canada by land or water

So two of the three approved types of documentation are not accepted by FlyReady, great system!
strickerj likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2022, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Update, FWIW, I went to the airport armed with a neg rapid test, my previous positive PCR, *and* the recent neg PCR (which they made me take along with the rapid test yesterday and came back quickly).
Showed the positive test, just took her a sec to realize that it was positive and thus the old date (Dec) was valid. So no issues at all. Just need to get into Canada.
Old Mar 5, 2022, 9:41 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Has anyone else's previously verified vaccination no longer show up in FlyReady? It used to show green and now it shows orange, no way to re-upload. Is it a bug?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.