Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta extends medallion status through '22 Medallion year

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta extends medallion status through '22 Medallion year

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2022, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by hkcj
Once my extended status reflected again I was able to call back and get a rep that was able to actually make exceptions and put us back in Comfort+ in the two blocked seats. Obviously there's a risk of losing them if a passenger with mobility needs or a service animal comes on board, but it seems worth the risk. (Amazing how the service that reps can offer really does differ based on whom you speak with.)
I’m GM so no C+ at booking for me, just exit row (which is perfectly fine, my DL flights are 2-3 hours this year so I am relatively indifferent to an F upgrade in that “nice if it happens but no big deal if it doesn’t” sense).
Old Feb 10, 2022, 11:33 am

Programs: Independent
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
I’m GM so no C+ at booking for me, just exit row (which is perfectly fine, my DL flights are 2-3 hours this year so I am relatively indifferent to an F upgrade in that “nice if it happens but no big deal if it doesn’t” sense).
Ah fair enough. Still frustrating to have to deal with.
Old Feb 11, 2022, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Look, I know you didn't mean to be offensive, but we don't allow that "I'm okay if I don't get upgraded" kind of language here. You've been around a while and should know better. Mods, you should strike these discouraging words.

Mike
Old Feb 11, 2022, 2:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by mikeef
Look, I know you didn't mean to be offensive, but we don't allow that "I'm okay if I don't get upgraded" kind of language here. You've been around a while and should know better. Mods, you should strike these discouraging words.

Mike
Have you not encountered the "first row of C+ or exit row is way better than F!" crowd?
Old Feb 11, 2022, 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by findark
Have you not encountered the "first row of C+ or exit row is way better than F!" crowd?
Depending on the length of the flight, there are times where I would take 10A over 1A on a 739 - it's kind of situational. In the same vein, I would pass over anything in 11DEF on that plane for literally any other seat on the plane.

But in general anything lower than row 10 is going to be better than anything higher.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 10:28 pm

Programs: DL Diamon | UA Plat | SPG/MB Lifetime Plat | HH Diamond
I tried text chatting via the Delta app. After an hour of back and forth, verifying my account and the problem, the agent said he/she could not help me and to call in the next day. I called in after explaining the situation, the CSR said Delta is aware of the problem and they are working on getting the status levels extended but that she could not fix my status at all.

Did your status get corrected? I guess I should try calling again to get a different agent to fix it.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 11:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by mikeef

Mike
My man, I’ve had the Delta F snack pack on short flights all through 2021. Mmmm, dry carbs. Hopefully you can understand my indifference as to whether I get Cheez-Its or Goldfish crackers on DL or WN.

(I’ve SDC’ed out of F to Y on a different flight more times that I can count. Booked WN on points and with cash too. I’ll take the rap for printing this kind of obscenity.)

(In all seriousness F on a 1-3 hour flight is pretty optional to me. Certainly compared to longhaul flatbeds…)

Originally Posted by gotravelant
I tried text chatting via the Delta app. After an hour of back and forth, verifying my account and the problem, the agent said he/she could not help me and to call in the next day. I called in after explaining the situation, the CSR said Delta is aware of the problem and they are working on getting the status levels extended but that she could not fix my status at all.
Originally Posted by gotravelant

Did your status get corrected? I guess I should try calling again to get a different agent to fix it.

I got mine fixed over chat, the rep had to talk to the Sky Miles Service Center. It was fixed the next day.

Last edited by eponymous_coward; Feb 15, 2022 at 11:31 pm
Old Feb 16, 2022, 3:25 am

Had an interesting experience with gifted status, I gifted my SO gold pre-pandemic and for some reason we thought her status had been extended so I didn't bother last year. When booking a flight just for her we realized she lost gold and checked the T&C's to realize she was not extended. The odd thing is, when we booked the flight, we could check the box for request upgrade to first/comfort, which I checked, cause I figured why not. She somehow got upgraded and it now shows her as gold medallion both in the app and on the website.

She did chat with a rep after booking because she got that email saying her status was extended, but they just directed her to the T&C's (stupidly placed in the fine print at the bottom of said email).
Old Feb 16, 2022, 7:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
My man, I’ve had the Delta F snack pack on short flights all through 2021. Mmmm, dry carbs. Hopefully you can understand my indifference as to whether I get Cheez-Its or Goldfish crackers on DL or WN.

(I’ve SDC’ed out of F to Y on a different flight more times that I can count. Booked WN on points and with cash too. I’ll take the rap for printing this kind of obscenity.)

(In all seriousness F on a 1-3 hour flight is pretty optional to me. Certainly compared to longhaul flatbeds…)

Old Feb 16, 2022, 12:52 pm

A new twist to extensions for ‘gifted’ status. I gifted Gold & Silver to my son & companion for the 2021 medallion year. As expected (after reading on this FT thread), their status dropped off their accounts after January 31st.

Ten days ago I again gifted my son Silver (this time from a SkyBonus account) for the 2022 year to help with preferred seating and baggage fees. His updated status was reflected on pending reservations within 24 hours. All very smooth.

I just checked an upcoming reservation of his and I find that Delta just extended the prior ‘gifted’ status from 2021. Now he shows again as Gold and companion is again Silver.

Glitch, or did Delta have a change of heart and decided yesterday/today to extend ‘gifted’ status?
friedablass likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 12:55 pm

Programs: AS, DL, UA, Hyatt, SPG
Canadian based member here so no MQD's in consideration. I was downgraded from Gold to Silver as of 1/Feb as I missed hitting 50k last year with the Canada border situation and limited flying (but did hit over 25,000).

I completed two DL flights both on paid F fares last week, and now my status as of today has been restored to Gold again. To be honest don't really no why. Though last year they did mess up the MQM bonuses on transborder segments, I was getting credited less to fly 1000 miles MSP-YYC than MSP-ATL. So maybe they retro-corrected that, who knows.

I was ready to be a peon until I hit the 50k threshold later this spring, but this was for once a pleasant "unexpected surprise"
OldAsiaHand likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 1:11 pm

Programs: DL, UA, AA
Originally Posted by OldAsiaHand
A new twist to extensions for ‘gifted’ status. I gifted Gold & Silver to my son & companion for the 2021 medallion year. As expected (after reading on this FT thread), their status dropped off their accounts after January 31st.

Ten days ago I again gifted my son Silver (this time from a SkyBonus account) for the 2022 year to help with preferred seating and baggage fees. His updated status was reflected on pending reservations within 24 hours. All very smooth.

I just checked an upcoming reservation of his and I find that Delta just extended the prior ‘gifted’ status from 2021. Now he shows again as Gold and companion is again Silver.

Glitch, or did Delta have a change of heart and decided yesterday/today to extend ‘gifted’ status?

It's almost like Oprah Winfrey with cars.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 2:05 pm

I just checked my wife's account and she still has gold status. I gifted it to her 2 years ago. It's truly the gift that keeps on giving.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 4:49 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by OldAsiaHand
This seems to be the case. Spouse and I both had gifted Gold status last year. He met the requirements for Silver so he dropped to that when the gifted status expired. Chatting with Delta was of no use. I dropped down to nothing. After reading your post I went to check both of our status and yup, both back to Gold. Not complaining.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 8:53 am

Programs: SE+, OWS
Wow, so i am not the only one... My friend gifter me Gold for 2021 - expired 1st of february.. I just checked my app and im Gold again

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.