Wiki Posts
Search

Mystery of the Disappearing GUCs!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2021, 2:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
Mystery of the Disappearing GUCs!

I’ve amassed nine (9) unused AMEX Companion Certificates (5 Reserve, 4 Platinum), and have 4x GUCs and 7x RUCs, plus various eCredits and 25 beverage and Sky Club companion coupons. I have a number of expired AX Companion Certs as well as a few expired RUCs.

I noticed a few weeks ago, all of my expired / used certs as well as all active GUCs and RUCs were missing in my DL iPhone App. I didn’t give it much thought until today when I used my desktop to look for flights I could use one of my AXR companions on, and noticed ALL current and expired GUCs/RUCs were likewise missing in the website (I thought it was just an “App Thing” before).

Well, the “Diamond Line” is trying to track things down, but I’m just wondering what on earth could’ve happened. All of my wife’s GUCs from the same dates are still active, so it appears to be either random or just me. All of the certificates were extended until 06/30/22, as I haven’t selected my 2020/2021/2022 bennies yet.
DiverDave likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2021, 3:31 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Just now looked, and my one RUC is still there expiring at the end of this year. The other three that have been used are still showing as well (as "closed".)

I still think I am the only SkyClub member whose membership was not extended by six months last year. It still shows the original expiration date in the app and on the web site, though agents tell me it has been extended.

Delta IT at it's finest.

David
TheHorta likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2021, 7:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Maybe you exceeded the maximum number of various certs/vouchers/coupons that the system can handle and it just dumped them all?
TheHorta likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2021, 7:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rylan
Maybe you exceeded the maximum number of various certs/vouchers/coupons that the system can handle and it just dumped them all?
I’m hoping that’s it, but I can’t imagine this isn’t fairly common for someone to have a ridonkulous number of goodies in their Wallet. Folks like @dldon and others must have accumulated silly numbers of vouchers, credits, and certificates.

I’m going to start printing my GUCs, RUCs and companion certificates (beverage and SC vouchers are useless, to me) on paper in hopes of having a record for any future disturbances in The Force. The first thing the agent asked me was “Do you have your certificate numbers?”

How many FF’ers actually record those?! (Hat off to those who do!)
Old Jul 26, 2021, 9:13 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by rylan
Doubtful - at some point maybe last year I had some ghastly large number of drink coupons, I think well into double digits.
Old Jul 26, 2021, 9:24 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA EXP, various hotel
Originally Posted by TheHorta
I’m going to start printing my GUCs, RUCs and companion certificates (beverage and SC vouchers are useless, to me) on paper in hopes of having a record for any future disturbances in The Force. The first thing the agent asked me was “Do you have your certificate numbers?”

Wait, why would you print them instead of just recording the numbers?
TheHorta likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2021, 7:41 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SamOF
Wait, why would you print them instead of just recording the numbers?
On an iphone taking a "screen shot" of each item preserves them "forever". On a PC before printing any document I print it to a PDF first.
PS: I once was using a GUC [via DL Vacations], they needed several "other numbers" which appear on my GUC not just the "ticket number".
TheHorta likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2021, 7:51 am

Programs: DL SPlat, KLM Bump, Privium Plus, GOES
I’m hoping that’s it, but I can’t imagine this isn’t fairly common for someone to have a ridonkulous number of goodies in their Wallet. Folks like @dldon and others must have accumulated silly numbers of vouchers, credits, and certificates.

Should be fairly common now thanks to COVID-19 & travel bans. That all started early 2020 and is still ongoing.
At least thats what i am seeing (especially) after talking with some non-US based SM medallion members.

After seeing this post i've checked my account to make sure eveything is still there. Found out that there are still beverage vouchers with a January 7, 2019 issue date sitting in my account, as a consequence I may ask for all Woodford reserve mini's on a TATL and still have some left .
End of this month the 2019 4x GUC & 4 RUC will expire and change into digital toiletpaper. So that's 8 less however most of us still have 2020, 2021 and 2022 upgrade certificates laying around.
Delta eCredits and the unused eTickets making the set of silly numbers of vouchers, credits, unused eTickets and certificates complete.
So yeah somewhere halfway 2020 i've started to record those.
TheHorta likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2021, 9:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM

Normally when you select Choice Benefits DL sends a confirmation email (in a couple hours) with the certificate numbers. Can you find this?
TheHorta likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2021, 9:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist;[url=tel:33441742
33441742[/url]]Normally when you select Choice Benefits DL sends a confirmation email (in a couple hours) with the certificate numbers. Can you find this?
Good idea, I was able to find the emails, but sadly they did not include the number.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.