Search

SDC as a gold or higher in paid FC

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2021, 9:29 am
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM 4MM, Lifetime Marriott Plat Elite, HH Diamond
SDC as a gold or higher in paid FC

I use this a lot as it gives me great flexibility to be able to move to any open first class within 24 hours of original departure. Thus far, I’ve always called and gotten it done with minimal issues. Given the current state of wait times for agent assistance, has anyone had success with doing it online or without agent assistance?
Old Jul 18, 2021, 9:30 am
VFR

Programs: AA PP, DL PM
I believe you can SDC from the app now.
Old Jul 18, 2021, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by DL Platinum
I use this a lot as it gives me great flexibility to be able to move to any open first class within 24 hours of original departure. Thus far, I’ve always called and gotten it done with minimal issues. Given the current state of wait times for agent assistance, has anyone had success with doing it online or without agent assistance?
Yes, but also recommend calling Delta Singapore line which usually has no wait times. They can SDC for you as well +65-6336-3371

Delta Extensive Hold Times during COVID-19 (consolidated thread)
DiverDave likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2021, 10:33 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Gold, Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by DL Platinum
Done it in the app/online numerous times. Very easy. If the app is buggy, try online.
Old Jul 18, 2021, 12:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by atldiamond
Done it in the app/online numerous times. Very easy. If the app is buggy, try online.
In my experience, the app gets "buggy" with connecting flights but with non-stops it tends to be pretty decent.
flyerCO likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2021, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by fly747first
In my experience, the app gets "buggy" with connecting flights but with non-stops it tends to be pretty decent.
given that DL policy says “no SDC from a connection to a nonstop” this isn’t necessarily a good attribute
Old Jul 18, 2021, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by atldiamond
Note that if you do it online with website, you must do it through the Check-In link and then select Change Flight option. You can continue to use Check-In link on website even if you have already checked in. Unfortunately, it only lets you SDC to flights within 24 hours of current time. So you if you want to SDC to a flight later in the day than your original flight, you need to wait until T-24 to new flight (and it's possible availability may disappear while you are waiting).
Old Jul 18, 2021, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by jrl767
given that DL policy says “no SDC from a connection to a nonstop” this isn’t necessarily a good attribute
No, I meant as in for instance having FLL ATL SEA in the afternoon and trying to change to an earlier flight; not trying to go against policy from a connecting to nonstop option
Old Jul 18, 2021, 10:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
I was raising a metaphorical eyebrow about whether the app would be “buggy” if you’re contemplating SDC with a different connecting point, which is almost always in play for SEA<—>WAS
Old Jul 19, 2021, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Very simple to do with the app
Old Jul 19, 2021, 4:50 pm

Programs: DL Skymiles DM, Hertz President Circle, Enterprise Platinum, IHG, BW Diamond Select, AA EXP
I have had difficulty with some itineraries when wanting to do a SDC. If I am trying to change routing between one hub to an other, for example taking a flight that connects through DTW rather than MSP or if I booked my paid F ticket using a combination of an e-credit and cash, those itineraries have needed to be changed by a rep. It just happened to me on this past Friday, I wanted to do an SDC from a DTW connection to an MSP connection later in the day. It was booked with e-credit and cash and I could not change it or even cancel it online, needed to call in to Diamond desk to change it. As a side note, the quoted call back time was 2.5 hours at about 8pm PDT. I sent in a complaint to Delta, as I have been doing quite a bit it seems lately. I got my canned response from Delta to my complaint about an hour before I got my call back from the DM desk. Agent took care of the SDC in about 3 minutes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.