Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

1 Million Miles in the back last seat of an ERJ 175

1 Million Miles in the back last seat of an ERJ 175

Old Jul 18, 2021, 9:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exe Platinum, AA & Delta Million Miler, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium, United Silver
Originally Posted by DL Platinum
Congratulations! Glad to see that they recognized the accomplishment. I am just shy of 4MM due to COVID, otherwise I would be there now. Sadly, my experience with crossing the thresholds was celebrated only by the email letting me know that I was eligible to select a gift. Maybe when I get to 4MM next year.
Wow, early congrats on 4MM, seriously impressive. Can’t be many 4MM in the system, hopefully they do some decent recognition.
my experience was getting that email, but the gift selection is suspended due to COVID. Not sure how sending a piece of luggage is dangerous in a Covid world, but who knows.
Old Jul 28, 2021, 12:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exe Platinum, AA & Delta Million Miler, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium, United Silver
Update: So I did get the welcome to Million Miler email from Delta, and was told a package would be coming to my registered address and I now have a $250 Delta credit to use. It implied heavily that the million miler gift selection is now no longer an option (addressed in another thread). This is just my luck as oddly enough, I had been looking forward to choosing that luggage gift since I started flying Delta. I know the options weren't that great and it was more symbolic than anything else, but I had always looked forward to it. Only for that benefit to be canceled less than two weeks after I hit 1 million miles. Gotta love it!
I'm not really angry about it, and I like the $250 Delta credit, I'm more amused at my tremendous luck. Oh well.
MikeyZBT likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2021, 7:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I hit 2MM on a TPAC NRT-MSP flight in D1, IIRC on a 777 (window seat on the right side, probably about row 5). It was the middle of the night, but I had been following the flight path on the seat back monitor, so when I guessed that we had crossed the threshold, I walked to the galley and asked for a glass of champagne to celebrate. The FA said that she would bring it to my seat and then (as a joke) brought me champagne in a little ceramic sake cup. She invited me to keep the cup as a souvenir and promptly brought me a proper glass of champagne. It was low-key but fun, and I was a bit relieved that there was no PA announcement later.
MikeyZBT, lrbenko and wrp96 like this.
Old Jul 28, 2021, 7:59 pm

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
I had no clue I hit MM until I got the email.

I started flying DL in 2017. Before that I was a UA devotee.
lrbenko and DCAhome like this.
Old Jul 28, 2021, 10:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I hit 2MM on a TPAC NRT-MSP flight in D1, IIRC on a 777 (window seat on the right side, probably about row 5). It was the middle of the night, but I had been following the flight path on the seat back monitor, so when I guessed that we had crossed the threshold, I walked to the galley and asked for a glass of champagne to celebrate. The FA said that she would bring it to my seat and then (as a joke) brought me champagne in a little ceramic sake cup. She invited me to keep the cup as a souvenir and promptly brought me a proper glass of champagne. It was low-key but fun, and I was a bit relieved that there was no PA announcement later.
Thats pretty cool. I had wanted to be on a better, longer flight that had the ability to track the progress. Very nice that the flight attendant wanted to help with crossing that milestone.
Old Jul 28, 2021, 10:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TheHorta
I had no clue I hit MM until I got the email.

I started flying DL in 2017. Before that I was a UA devotee.
Seriously!? That pretty funny. You must fly a ton of international long hauls to qualify for million miler in that relatively short time. It’s taken me a lot longer, but I should cross the million mile mark on AA in about two years.
TheHorta likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2021, 7:53 am

Programs: DL MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, HHonors Gold
I’m pretty sure I hit 1MM someplace in coach on an MD-88
lrbenko likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2021, 8:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jimrpa
I’m pretty sure I hit 1MM someplace in coach on an MD-88
I don't really miss the old Mad Dog 88's. They were better than the ERJ 175's!
Old Jul 29, 2021, 9:35 am
In memoriam

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
Originally Posted by lrbenko
I don't really miss the old Mad Dog 88's. They were better than the ERJ 175's!

Yup and their IFE was the guy humming next to you
lrbenko and TheHorta like this.
Old Jul 29, 2021, 9:55 am

Programs: DL - PM (Sky Priority);HH - Gold; Marriott - Silver; National - Executive; DL Reserve AMEX
I love these stories of when people passed their Million Mileage moments. I'll probably (hopefully) hit 1MM in 3 years or so. Looking forward to that moment!
lrbenko likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2021, 6:06 pm

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
Originally Posted by lrbenko
Seriously!? That pretty funny. You must fly a ton of international long hauls to qualify for million miler in that relatively short time. It’s taken me a lot longer, but I should cross the million mile mark on AA in about two years.
Actually, 2016, but sparingly. I officially divorced UA and married DL in 2017.

After 5 years, I’d call it a lateral move. I’m MM on UA and they give lifetime Gold.
lrbenko likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2021, 10:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Congrats! I was looking forward to crossing mine in the air in the air on a Paris flight but my 15K MQM boost posted a couple days before the flight and so I wasint' in the air when I met the milestone.
lrbenko likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2021, 2:06 am

Programs: DL 3MM, US 972k (AA 0.0k), Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hertz G, Nurburgring in 8:29
Originally Posted by indufan
What? We had a FlyerTalk party for my MM flight. Delta let us have the old B/E longue in CVG.
Ugh, Mein Gott, not a trip goes by that I don't give a forlorn look back up the escalators as I continue on to B. That was hands down one of the most beautiful clubs of all the legacy carriers at that time.
jamesteroh and lrbenko like this.
Old Jul 30, 2021, 7:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TheHorta
Actually, 2016, but sparingly. I officially divorced UA and married DL in 2017.

After 5 years, I’d call it a lateral move. I’m MM on UA and they give lifetime Gold.
I would tend to agree. I was pretty diehard Delta for about 8 years and then switched to AA in 2015. I would say fairly lateral move as well. To me, most domestic carriers have been reduced to sad buses in the sky with the occasional exception and nice experience. I feel the glory days of frequent travel benefits are long gone now.
jamesteroh and TheHorta like this.
Old Aug 27, 2021, 10:07 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Nicely done! The only MM threshold I've crossed was with AA. I did it on a US Airways A-321 from CLT-MSP. I was in First but it was hardly a fitting flight for a milestone.

Hopefully in 25 years or so when according to my projections I'll get there with Delta I do it in a better way.
wrp96 and DCAhome like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.