Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

D1 Tumi Kit 767-300 - JFK-SFO and JFK-LAX

Old Jul 9, 2021, 4:49 am
NY9
Original Poster

Are they ever bringing the Tumi amenity kits back? Have flown twice now in the last couple of weeks from JFK-LAX and JFK-SFO in D1 on B767-300s and no kits.
TastyPlaneEats likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2021, 8:50 am

Programs: UA: 1K, Hyatt: Explorist and Marriott: LF Titanium Elite
I just flew JFK - SFO yesterday and they had the TUMI kits available - it may be that they didn't load it on the plane but its still provided
Old Jul 9, 2021, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
I read somewhere that you need to ask for one on domestic D1 routes. They dont just place them out.
Old Jul 15, 2021, 5:32 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by LDNConsultant
I just flew JFK - SFO yesterday and they had the TUMI kits available - it may be that they didn't load it on the plane but its still provided
Originally Posted by flyerCO
I read somewhere that you need to ask for one on domestic D1 routes. They dont just place them out.
I flew JFK-SFO yesterday (7/14) in D1 and there were no kits offered. It's possible I had to ask, but I saw nobody else with a kit and there was no mention of them being loaded.
Old Jul 15, 2021, 5:34 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum; Hilton Diamond; Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by MikeNYC1
I flew JFK-SFO yesterday (7/14) in D1 and there were no kits offered. It's possible I had to ask, but I saw nobody else with a kit and there was no mention of them being loaded.
I requested one on 7/13 on JFK/LAX. Was told none were loaded. I wrote in to complain. I dont care about the kit. I care about false advertising.
jiggs and TastyPlaneEats like this.
Old Jul 15, 2021, 5:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
I flew JFK LAX in D1 last week and even when I asked, I was told there were none onboard and the relatively young crew seemed to think that amenity kits are only available on international D1
Old Jul 15, 2021, 5:42 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by fly747first
I flew JFK LAX in D1 last week and even when I asked, I was told there were none onboard and the relatively young crew seemed to think that amenity kits are only available on international D1
Tumi Amenity kits were pre-placed at each seat on both my ATL-HNL and HNL-ATL flight so they are available on some domestic D1 flights.
jiggs likes this.
Old Jul 15, 2021, 6:48 pm
NY9
Original Poster

Was told TATL and TPAC only. Not for domestic D1 for now. They were very nice about it. This was SFO-JFK TCON route.
Old Jul 15, 2021, 6:49 pm
NY9
Original Poster

Tumi

Was told TATL and TPAC only. Not for domestic D1 for now. They were very nice about it. This was SFO-JFK TCON route.
Old Jul 15, 2021, 6:54 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
They were available on ATL-HNL 2 weeks ago, and did not need to ask for it.
Old Jul 15, 2021, 6:57 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by NY9
Not true. Amenity kits where pre-placed on my ATL-HNL and vise-versa flight which last I checked is still domestic and is a D1 flight.
Old Jul 15, 2021, 8:20 pm

Programs: DL DM
Well at least hot meals have returned...
Old Jul 15, 2021, 8:31 pm
NY9
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
Not true. Amenity kits where pre-placed on my ATL-HNL and vise-versa flight which last I checked is still domestic and is a D1 flight.
Ok. Thats fortunate when I go to Hawaii next year and hopefully LAX in August 3 times and September but this is what I was told by the flight attendants on a B767-300 and they did not have any on board. Not saying they were correct but merely stating there were none aboard that aircraft (allegedly).
Old Jul 15, 2021, 9:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
But ATL HNL is much longer and DL is treating it differently than shorter D1 routes such as JFK LAX/SFO in terms of amenity kits; same way that DL never stopped serving meals ATL HNL and yet it refused to provide meals in premium transcon routes for well over a year until recently...
Old Aug 7, 2021, 1:57 pm

Programs: AA, DL Platinum, AS, AF/KL, UA, VS, HA, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
Data point. LAX-JFK 767-400 today. 7am flight. No kits.

Couldve used one for the eyeshades. I asked the FA if they had any and they didnt. No matter how many times I rephrased a question, she couldnt give a straight answer when I asked do they regularly have kits. She just answered, they werent supplied for us.
TastyPlaneEats likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.