Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

How to book when partner needs to be reimbursed by work?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How to book when partner needs to be reimbursed by work?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2021, 8:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by flyerCO
It's not fraud, but it will look like something fishy. Your reviewer may not have cared, some do though.
If the PNRs don’t match, it may look fishy (even if it isn’t) but not the ticket number and as I’ve found out, submitting more information to try to clarify something often only leads to greater confusions and screw ups by the approving officials that result in bigger messes. It may be different from org to org but every org I’ve been in requires you to submit the receipt you get from the commercial booking office that actually books your flight. This arrives when your flight is ticketed and it comes with the original ticket number. As upgrades and RUCs clearing and IROPs and all that stuff happens that can generate a new ticket ticket and thus a new ticket number, the commercial booking office doesn’t receive a copy of the new ticket. But as long as the fare doesn’t change, the multiple orgs I’ve been in have required me to submit the original receipt for what was charged (airfare plus the ticketing fee - and that's the receipt issued by the booking office), and that needs to match what is showing on my government travel credit card, if they elect to check that. That’s all they care about. I made a claim for $X. Booking system shows ticket for $X. GTCC statement to that airline shows $X. X = X = X and the days also all line up. That’s what they care about.

Submitting anything else unnecessarily is just going to cause mass confusion about the cost that needs to be reimbursed for (again, as I found out recently, albeit with hotel receipts, not airline receipts).

Last edited by ATOBTTR; Jul 13, 2021 at 7:00 am
Old Jul 12, 2021, 9:31 pm

Programs: DL PM, MM; Marriott Plat
I work for a US DOE National Laboratory and all business travel has to be booked by our travel agency to get contracted discounts and they are not allowed to book travel for non-employees even if traveling together. Need to check with the local rules for her employer.
Old Jul 13, 2021, 6:05 am

Programs: IHG Platinum / HHonors Diamond / Hyatt Globalist / AA EX Platinum
Originally Posted by Paplover
I work for a US DOE National Laboratory and all business travel has to be booked by our travel agency to get contracted discounts and they are not allowed to book travel for non-employees even if traveling together. Need to check with the local rules for her employer.
Yep, exactly how it worked at FAA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.