Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2021 Edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 8, 2021, 6:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: xliioper
Current 2021 First Class meal service status -- Current FC meal service consists of cold meal boxes with the exception of JFK-SEA and BOS-SEA/SFO FC marketed flights which receive hot meal service. This includes both domestic and international DL FC marketed flights. Otherwise, only D1 marketed flights receive hot meals. All flights over 900 miles which depart before 9PM receive meal service in FC. In addition, flights over 2300 miles will receive meal service in FC for departures after 9PM.

There have been no official announcements from DL concerning when hot meals will return to FC, however, it is rumored it will return Q1 2022.

Click here for the 2017 version of this thread.

Click here for the 2018/2019 version of this thread.

Click Here for the 2020 (Prior to COVID) Version of this thread

2020/Early 2021 - COVID Inflight Version of this Thread

Print Wikipost

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2021 Edition

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2021, 7:48 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles | Platinum

Anyone else notice that Delta refreshed the First Class meal service page online? They claim full meal service (which is still false advertising at this moment in time) on all flights departing before 9PM. Pre-COVID Delta had service breaks in the afternoon between “lunch” and “dinner” time. Is this a new development as actual meals are rumored to return?
cmd320 likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2021, 8:36 am

Received the pre-order menu for breakfast 1 week out (JFK-SEA):

Old Nov 23, 2021, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Minnyappleus

Anyone else notice that Delta refreshed the First Class meal service page online? They claim full meal service (which is still false advertising at this moment in time) on all flights departing before 9PM. Pre-COVID Delta had service breaks in the afternoon between “lunch” and “dinner” time. Is this a new development as actual meals are rumored to return?
While the page is new (although Wayback Archive shows it's been up since at least 10/22) and clarifies the new meal windows (which were already divined by researching flight listings and posted in the Wikipost at the top of this thread), this is not an indication of the return of the hot meals in FC. Note that they actually use the term "fresh meal service" above, not "full meal service". However, there are rumors hot meals will return sometime in Q1 2022.

I noticed that they also changed the Premium Select webpage from Wayback Archives. It used to say "Premium Food Takes Flight". Now it just says "Food Takes Flight".

N830MH likes this.

Last edited by xliioper; Nov 23, 2021 at 11:28 am
Old Nov 23, 2021, 1:40 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Just curious about a special meal for Delta One Transcon. Noticed DL actually differentiates between non Dairy Veg & Dairy Veg which is kind of cool. AA doesnt do that . Anyone got the dairy one, just curious what to expect. The veg option of the 5 choices is grilled broccolini w/ raisins & gigante beans . Sounds nice as a side dish but not an entre.
Old Nov 23, 2021, 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by 747jetter
Going through the thread it looks like we can expect decent service on LAX-HNL-ATL-JFK? I guess drinks in plastic but that wouldn't be the US I guess.
Service on HNL-ATL for sure. The LAX-HNL portion will just be a cold meal box.
Old Nov 24, 2021, 5:34 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Hilton HHonors Silver, Hertz Gold Status.
Upgraded to F on LAX-ATL-EWR tomorrow. Anybody know what LAX-ATL is serving these days? Or should I expect a "Happy Box / Sad Box?" lol

Last edited by Saab_Redondo_1987; Nov 24, 2021 at 5:39 pm
Old Nov 24, 2021, 7:11 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
Originally Posted by Saab_Redondo_1987
Upgraded to F on LAX-ATL-EWR tomorrow. Anybody know what LAX-ATL is serving these days? Or should I expect a "Happy Box / Sad Box?" lol
For about the 800th time in this thread, you get a sad box.
DiverDave likes this.
Old Nov 24, 2021, 7:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Saab_Redondo_1987
I'm not sure what a "Happy Box" is? You get cold boxed meal options (as opposed to the Bistro/Market snack boxes), but not a hot plated meal.
Old Nov 24, 2021, 7:59 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Hilton HHonors Silver, Hertz Gold Status.
Originally Posted by DLASflyer
For about the 800th time in this thread, you get a sad box.
To quote the late Norm McDonald, "OH DRAT!"

Originally Posted by xliioper
I'm not sure what a "Happy Box" is? You get cold boxed meal options (as opposed to the Bistro/Market snack boxes), but not a hot plated meal.
I honestly don't care at this point as those snack boxes on JFK/BOS-LAX in F were pathetic in the winter / summer of this year. I'll take "Happy / Sad Box" over any of those options any day of the week.

Maybe we should just all meet somewhere in the middle and call them the "Nice Box" lol.

Last edited by Saab_Redondo_1987; Nov 24, 2021 at 8:03 pm Reason: Sad Box
Old Nov 25, 2021, 6:35 am

Programs: Days of Our Lives, General Hospital
A Happy Box is the same as a Sad Box, but with a little toy included.
Old Nov 25, 2021, 6:44 am

Programs: DL DM PM
Originally Posted by kochleffel
A Happy Box is the same as a Sad Box, but with a little toy included.
Oh goodness, don't be giving them ideas to prolong the misery.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Nov 25, 2021, 3:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Don't they have a meal for SLC-AMS-SLC in February 2022? Is that dinner, mid-flight snacks or breakfast? What kinds of meals? What they served?
Old Nov 25, 2021, 6:14 pm

Programs: DL DM 3MM 360
Anyone know what's served on msp-anc-msp in first class in December? Hopefully more than a snack box!
Old Nov 25, 2021, 6:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Domestic First JFK-SAN pastrami sandwich; other choices were a turkey sandwich or the superfood grain bowl

Pastrami sandwich, chips and apple raisin cake dessert

Sandwich tasted better than it looks! And dessert cake bar was quite good

The grain bowl from same route last month
Old Nov 25, 2021, 7:22 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum; Hilton Diamond; Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by p100a
Anyone know what's served on msp-anc-msp in first class in December? Hopefully more than a snack box!
The same meal boxes that have been reported multiple times on any domestic route that is not JFK/BOS -SEA/SFO/LAX; DCA-LAX, and ATL/MSP-HNL.
DLASflyer and onebobobo like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.