Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2021 Edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 8, 2021, 6:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: xliioper
Current 2021 First Class meal service status -- Current FC meal service consists of cold meal boxes with the exception of JFK-SEA and BOS-SEA/SFO FC marketed flights which receive hot meal service. This includes both domestic and international DL FC marketed flights. Otherwise, only D1 marketed flights receive hot meals. All flights over 900 miles which depart before 9PM receive meal service in FC. In addition, flights over 2300 miles will receive meal service in FC for departures after 9PM.

There have been no official announcements from DL concerning when hot meals will return to FC, however, it is rumored it will return Q1 2022.

Click here for the 2017 version of this thread.

Click here for the 2018/2019 version of this thread.

Click Here for the 2020 (Prior to COVID) Version of this thread

2020/Early 2021 - COVID Inflight Version of this Thread

Print Wikipost

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2021 Edition

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2021, 8:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
Has nothing to do with “health and safety” and DL is just being cheap/cost cutting because people continue to pay a premium for their current crappy in-flight FC service. Vote with your wallet.
Can we say it louder for the people in the back!?

Apparently the currently in bankruptcy protection, and formerly? Half owned by delta, AeroMexico can serve better food, PDBs, and a disturbing amount of booze. I flew IAH-MEX a couple days ago in F, PDBs in glassware (only OJ or water but better than nothing), dinner was a boxed sandwich that had a better meat to bread ratio of anything I've had on Delta, and for one reason or another were so over eager gave me a half glass of whiskey right before landing. I mean I asked for a normal serving and they went like woah.

​​​​​
​​​​
cmd320 likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2021, 6:44 am

Programs: DL DM, National EE, Hertz PC, IHG PL, Bonvoy Amb
PHX-DTW 10/18/21, 6AM flight.
No PDB, not even water
Breakfast was the "Bakery" or "Charcuterie" Box.
We both got the bakery, as I thought it might be the banana bread seen upthread. It wasn't (assume that is D1 or 1500+ only maybe, or just not an option on this flight).
Box had several packaged items .... mini lemon poppy thing that was hard but ok, mini oatmeal chia which I though was ok, bag of Ungranola, some flavored almonds, a small piece of chocolate, some crackers and almond butter.
TastyPlaneEats likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2021, 7:48 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by MarkCron
No PDB, not even water
I think this is actually one legit safety issue (though no idea if that's why DL is doing it). It's not a great idea to have masks off during boarding when the aisle is full of people and especially when unvaccinated people are still permitted to board.
MarkCron likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2021, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
No PDB, not even water
We both got the bakery, as I thought it might be the banana bread seen upthread. It wasn't (assume that is D1 or 1500+ only maybe, or just not an option on this flight).
Box had several packaged items .... mini lemon poppy thing that was hard but ok, mini oatmeal chia which I though was ok, bag of Ungranola, some flavored almonds, a small piece of chocolate, some crackers and almond butter.
Were you actually expecting PDB on a domestic flight? DL's crews have become extremely lazy and they don't even do this consistently on international D1 flights
TastyPlaneEats and keyw like this.
Old Oct 19, 2021, 9:33 am

Programs: DL DM, National EE, Hertz PC, IHG PL, Bonvoy Amb
Originally Posted by fly747first
Were you actually expecting PDB on a domestic flight? DL's crews have become extremely lazy and they don't even do this consistently on international D1 flights
I assumed they were back, because DTW-PHX 5 days prior had them.
Old Oct 19, 2021, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I assumed they were back, because DTW-PHX 5 days prior had them.
I haven't received a PDB on DL on any domestic flight for the past year or so, not even in D1 JFK LAX
Old Oct 19, 2021, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by fly747first
I haven't received a PDB on DL on any domestic flight for the past year or so, not even in D1 JFK LAX
I believe only international D1 is supposed to be getting it now. Only option is the Pro. No juice even.
I would wager FA for other poster didn't realize only D1 international PDB was back.
Old Oct 19, 2021, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
PHX-DTW 10/18/21, 6AM flight. No PDB, not even water
Water at your seat isn't a PDB. That's the slippery slope that leads to Delta thinking the box of junk is a "meal"
Old Oct 19, 2021, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
Water at your seat isn't a PDB. That's the slippery slope that leads to Delta thinking the box of junk is a "meal"
Right but if DL refuses to do PDB on domestic flights, the least they can do is to provide bottled water in F during boarding
TastyPlaneEats likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2021, 3:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by flyerCO
I believe only international D1 is supposed to be getting it now. Only option is the Pro. No juice even.
I would wager FA for other poster didn't realize only D1 international PDB was back.
There are PDBs now on premium transcon flights JFK<->LAX/SFO.
Old Oct 20, 2021, 8:13 am
v4r

Programs: AA Gold
Any data points on ATL>LAX? Doing the A350 flight in the D1 seats (marketed only as FC) soon
Old Oct 20, 2021, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by v4r
Any data points on ATL>LAX? Doing the A350 flight in the D1 seats (marketed only as FC) soon
Meal boxes. Equipment type does not matter on this route as it is always FC marketed. The only domestic D1 marketed flight out of ATL is currently ATL-HNL.
AeRoSpaceman and v4r like this.
Old Oct 20, 2021, 9:16 am

Programs: Southwest A-List Preferred, Delta Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold Elite, Avis PP
No PDB, not even water
I flew MCI-LAX a couple weeks ago and I too thought the "Bakery" box was going to be the banana bread, but instead I received the above. Like all of the other snack boxes, it was just ok.
Old Oct 20, 2021, 10:42 am

Programs: DL DM; AFKL FBE; ITA Exec
Originally Posted by kstateinALB
I flew MCI-LAX a couple weeks ago and I too thought the "Bakery" box was going to be the banana bread, but instead I received the above. Like all of the other snack boxes, it was just ok.
Would avoid the "bakery" box - had it once, and that was more than enough for me. Pre-packaged industrialised things, sort of like the bistro boxes of the past summer/spring. At least the charcuterie box has something close to real(-er) food.
Old Oct 20, 2021, 6:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP(4mm), DL Gold, UA Gold (1mm), HH Diamond, Bonvoy Amb(l/t Titanium). Former EA/PA elite
Originally Posted by NotHamSarnie
I've had my last sad box!

Next trip (same route twice a month) will be with AA. I'll report here!
Not really much better. I just did DTW-PHX and back on AA recently. Inedible sandwich going one way...mostly all bread. It was better going back as it was made with a soft croissant rather than hard bread. Presentation is better than Delta as it's all on china...but the food quality is no better. Beverages served in paper cups and plastic. No PDB's either. I've flown both DL and AA now on mid-continent longish flights in September. Neither one is very good to speak of. Between those two carriers, I would only use schedule/aircraft type/price as the determiner of which to chose. The onboard food is a wash.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.