Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2021 Edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 8, 2021, 6:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: xliioper
Current 2021 First Class meal service status -- Current FC meal service consists of cold meal boxes with the exception of JFK-SEA and BOS-SEA/SFO FC marketed flights which receive hot meal service. This includes both domestic and international DL FC marketed flights. Otherwise, only D1 marketed flights receive hot meals. All flights over 900 miles which depart before 9PM receive meal service in FC. In addition, flights over 2300 miles will receive meal service in FC for departures after 9PM.

There have been no official announcements from DL concerning when hot meals will return to FC, however, it is rumored it will return Q1 2022.

Click here for the 2017 version of this thread.

Click here for the 2018/2019 version of this thread.

Click Here for the 2020 (Prior to COVID) Version of this thread

2020/Early 2021 - COVID Inflight Version of this Thread

Print Wikipost

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2021 Edition

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2021, 12:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by BirdLawyer
Any info on pdb on international D1? Specifically ATL to South America, but any info is better than none.
Probably won't happen in another year or so... management doesn't want to upset DL's super lazy crews so that they don't try to unionize
Old Jul 16, 2021, 1:10 am

Programs: Hhonors Gold, DL PM
Originally Posted by BirdLawyer
Any info on pdb on international D1? Specifically ATL to South America, but any info is better than none.
None, at least not yesterday on a TATL from ATL. Service was in general pretty sparse, which was a little disappointing. I totally understand why people would rather fly AF/KL or another airline if the food service is what matters to you.

Sidebar - I just can't get over the fact that meals are served on the normal plates/bowls, but a real glass is just one step too far?
Old Jul 16, 2021, 10:17 pm

What's the situation on ATL-ANC? Box on a 7 hour flight?
Old Jul 16, 2021, 10:26 pm

Programs: Delta 360/DM/3MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by herzmeh
What's the situation on ATL-ANC? Box on a 7 hour flight?
ANC-ATL was a box last week, although did get a blanket and pillow for the flight in First!
Old Jul 16, 2021, 10:54 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by spudley007
ANC-ATL was a box last week, although did get a blanket and pillow for the flight in First!
That’s absolutely pathetic especially at the prices DL charges for F on that route. Seriously how is DL getting away with this highway robbery?
Old Jul 17, 2021, 1:16 am

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Titanium
Yes, was still a box and no snack basket last night. But did get heavenly bedding and d1 headphones... and drinks service was excellent. Just food sucked.
Old Jul 17, 2021, 1:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

DL is also flying ANC JFK which is 7+ hours... beyond unacceptable for DL to serve snack boxes on these long flights when they claimed differently:

Last edited by fly747first; Jul 17, 2021 at 1:43 am
Old Jul 17, 2021, 7:46 am

Just flew RDU-LAX in F where they billed breakfast but gave us a box...
Old Jul 17, 2021, 8:11 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Originally Posted by rdukrk
Just flew RDU-LAX in F where they billed breakfast but gave us a box...
Lovely. More overpromising and underdelivering and flat out falsehoods
fly747first and cmd320 like this.
Old Jul 17, 2021, 8:37 am

Flew SLC - BWI yesterday and it was still snack boxes in F. Main got 2 passes for drinks snacks. Totally unacceptable no meal in F.
Old Jul 17, 2021, 8:57 am

Programs: DL Skymiles DM, Hertz President Circle, Enterprise Platinum, IHG, BW Diamond Select, AA EXP
Originally Posted by hotshot265
I was on DL567 last night from DTW to PHX, 1667 miles and dinner was listed as FC meal service. I didn't have high expectations no matter what, but snack boxes were offered same as usual. I asked the FA in first about it, even showed him what the itinerary showed, and he said he saw an internal email last week that indicates it will be fall at the earliest before any type meal service, except for D1 transcons, is served in F for what it is worth. That could have been just him talking, but I would not be surprised. I send it a screen shot of my itinerary to Delta...I am sure the canned response will be that all meals and services are subject to change and that they apologize for it and will work really hard to early my loyalty in the future...yada...yada...yada.
Update to my post. I did file the complaint and got this response which included my choice of $100 gift cards in a separate email.
krazykanuck, cmd320 and DCAhome like this.
Old Jul 17, 2021, 9:01 am

Programs: Delta PM, Delta Reserve, Amex Plat, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold ;)
DL hiding behind COVID is a terrible excuse. Planes are packed. Fares are crazy high. SkyClubs are busy. The crazy cost cutting is nuts. Heck, they haven’t even fully restored beverage service to pre-COVID. I’ve also found DL Connection FS’s better about service than mainline. DCA-JFK, JFK-PWM got drink service and snacks in F. Both short flights. This week, DL mainline ATL-CHS-ATL FA’s didn’t leave their jump seats and wouldn’t even bring anyone a bottle of water. Pilot even turned off the seatbelt sign for 15min, so it’s not like it was rough air.

It’s not just DL cheaping out, Hilton is pretty bad right now too.
Old Jul 17, 2021, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by demkr
Lovely. More overpromising and underdelivering and flat out falsehoods
That has been DL's MO for well over a year now. Keep stalling.
dw, demkr and cmd320 like this.
Old Jul 17, 2021, 5:24 pm
formerly willbbiddy

choice for atl-gru in a week...
Old Jul 17, 2021, 11:16 pm

Programs: Delta 360/DM/3MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
That’s absolutely pathetic especially at the prices DL charges for F on that route. Seriously how is DL getting away with this highway robbery?
Completely agreed. For ANC-ATL, it isn't that bad since I ate dinner at a real restaurant, had a couple glasses of wine on the flight, and slept. However, for those on ATL-ANC, it's a 3:30 pm departure and brutal not having a meal. As you mention, the price is high, especially considering the lack of service!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.