Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2021 Edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 8, 2021, 6:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: xliioper
Current 2021 First Class meal service status -- Current FC meal service consists of cold meal boxes with the exception of JFK-SEA and BOS-SEA/SFO FC marketed flights which receive hot meal service. This includes both domestic and international DL FC marketed flights. Otherwise, only D1 marketed flights receive hot meals. All flights over 900 miles which depart before 9PM receive meal service in FC. In addition, flights over 2300 miles will receive meal service in FC for departures after 9PM.

There have been no official announcements from DL concerning when hot meals will return to FC, however, it is rumored it will return Q1 2022.

Click here for the 2017 version of this thread.

Click here for the 2018/2019 version of this thread.

Click Here for the 2020 (Prior to COVID) Version of this thread

2020/Early 2021 - COVID Inflight Version of this Thread

Print Wikipost

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2021 Edition

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2021, 1:23 pm

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Originally Posted by fly747first
Was dessert cheesecake with blueberry sauce? Overall doesn't look bad
It's described as "Meyer Lemon Cheesecake with Blackberry Preserves and Candied Pecans" on the online menus: https://deltaone.mydeltamenu.com/jfk...ex-static.html — had it on D1 JFK-SEA and it was pretty good (and the only part of the meal I ate all of lol)
Old Oct 3, 2021, 2:05 pm

Programs: AA 1MM; DL DM; Global Entry; MR Gold; HH Gold; Nat'l EC
Service speed, DTW - CDG

Any recent D1 experience on this route? I assume single tray service, but how far into the flight before they turn out the lights?
Old Oct 3, 2021, 4:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by findark
Dinner is Italian Ham, Tomato & Mozzarella, or strawberry chicken salad.

The stickers have a symbol on them which corresponds to the meal code.
I suppose they might mix things up a bit. Other reports in the meal services thread mentioned chicken salad sandwich option for dinner (and that's what I had a couple nights ago for dinner). Haven't a lunch flight yet. At any rate, they seem to have the same basic handful of options among the boxes.
Old Oct 3, 2021, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by xliioper
I suppose they might mix things up a bit. Other reports in the meal services thread mentioned chicken salad sandwich option for dinner (and that's what I had a couple nights ago for dinner). At any rate, they seem to have the same basic handful options among the boxes.
Interesting. That sounds like the Lunch set - maybe they had leftovers or are mixing up on purpose.

The "Italian Ham" sandwich has red peppers in it, which is the easiest difference to spot, I think.
Old Oct 3, 2021, 4:35 pm

Lead time for pre-order D1 int’l

First time flying D1 and sounds like I picked a bad year to do it (bad year for a lot of things, really, but this woman has been Europe deprived since March 2020!)

I’m flying D1 SLC to MXP via AMS. Check in is in 9 days. Thought I read somewhere that pre-order was available 21 days-24 hours prior, but I imagine with Covid, that timeline is likely no longer accurate.

Anyone have any idea what the lead time is these days? Or any knowledge of the int’l dining/drinks situation in general? I’m finding virtually nothing online re. my particular route (does no one from SLC fly to the EU 😆?) but I guess info on other int’l D1 would be helpful. Cheers!
Old Oct 3, 2021, 5:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Interesting. That sounds like the Lunch set - maybe they had leftovers or are mixing up on purpose.

The "Italian Ham" sandwich has red peppers in it, which is the easiest difference to spot, I think.
I don't recall seeing the chicken salad sandwich option for lunch upthread, only dinner. The chicken salad (not sandwich) is mentioned a number of times as part of lunch menu options.
Old Oct 3, 2021, 6:29 pm

Programs: DL DM
Does NYC-ATL still qualify as an exception for meals ? Back in the day they used to serve a full meal on this route…
thanks
Old Oct 3, 2021, 6:46 pm

I assume still no decent food on ANC-ATL?
Old Oct 3, 2021, 6:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GrizNation
Does NYC-ATL still qualify as an exception for meals ? Back in the day they used to serve a full meal on this route…
thanks
No meals reported on flights under 900 miles and these flights only show "Snacks" in First (the meal box flights show Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner under Meal Services for flights).
Old Oct 3, 2021, 6:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by herzmeh
The only domestic D1/FC routes getting hot meals are BOS/JFK-SEA/SFO/LAX and DCA-LAX (and ATL/MSP-HNL flights). Everything else are the cold meal box flights.

Last edited by xliioper; Oct 3, 2021 at 8:08 pm
Old Oct 3, 2021, 7:05 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by herzmeh
Nope. Likely will be a half frozen sandwich served in a box with messaging saying how it’s all “for your protection.”
Old Oct 3, 2021, 8:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by xliioper
I don't recall seeing the chicken salad sandwich option for lunch upthread, only dinner. The chicken salad (not sandwich) is mentioned a number of times as part of lunch menu options.
I re-read the thread and my notes and you're right; I have it exactly backwards. The Italian Ham/Tomato Mozzarella/Strawberry Chicken Salad (salad) is Lunch and not dinner. Half of my flights were 3:30pm eastbound flights arriving at night which was confusing me (they are Lunch)

Dinner is, I think, chicken salad sandwich, proscuitto sandwich, or ancient grain bowl
Old Oct 3, 2021, 10:13 pm

Programs: Delta DM, United Silver, Marriott LT Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
I re-read the thread and my notes and you're right; I have it exactly backwards. The Italian Ham/Tomato Mozzarella/Strawberry Chicken Salad (salad) is Lunch and not dinner. Half of my flights were 3:30pm eastbound flights arriving at night which was confusing me (they are Lunch)

Dinner is, I think, chicken salad sandwich, proscuitto sandwich, or ancient grain bowl
It was Italian Ham Sandwich or Fresh Tomato and Mozzarella on this DFW-LGA flight on a 220. By the time they got to me it was only the ham sandwich left.

simonsuo likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2021, 4:19 am

Programs: DL DM 2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium/Ambassador Elite , Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by Vember
First time flying D1 and sounds like I picked a bad year to do it (bad year for a lot of things, really, but this woman has been Europe deprived since March 2020!)

I’m flying D1 SLC to MXP via AMS. Check in is in 9 days. Thought I read somewhere that pre-order was available 21 days-24 hours prior, but I imagine with Covid, that timeline is likely no longer accurate.

Anyone have any idea what the lead time is these days? Or any knowledge of the int’l dining/drinks situation in general? I’m finding virtually nothing online re. my particular route (does no one from SLC fly to the EU 😆?) but I guess info on other int’l D1 would be helpful. Cheers!
I’ve done 4 D1 trips to Europe this year. Got the email 2x about 5 days prior. Other 2 times I got nothing and had to choose going on to my Delta app
Old Oct 4, 2021, 8:24 am

Originally Posted by deltalirious
Basically, you were asking for what the crew felt entitled to as their meal.
How dare you?
Imagine, a paying passenger asking for what they paid for.
please use the quote function in the future instead of just manually pasting

in any case, you obviously missed the part where the person you quoted had already gotten what he paid for.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.