Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2021 Edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 8, 2021, 6:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: xliioper
Current 2021 First Class meal service status -- Current FC meal service consists of cold meal boxes with the exception of JFK-SEA and BOS-SEA/SFO FC marketed flights which receive hot meal service. This includes both domestic and international DL FC marketed flights. Otherwise, only D1 marketed flights receive hot meals. All flights over 900 miles which depart before 9PM receive meal service in FC. In addition, flights over 2300 miles will receive meal service in FC for departures after 9PM.

There have been no official announcements from DL concerning when hot meals will return to FC, however, it is rumored it will return Q1 2022.

Click here for the 2017 version of this thread.

Click here for the 2018/2019 version of this thread.

Click Here for the 2020 (Prior to COVID) Version of this thread

2020/Early 2021 - COVID Inflight Version of this Thread

Print Wikipost

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2021 Edition

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2021, 2:13 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by findark
In my flights there have been three choices, of which at least one was vegetarian.
Yes, but the choices may be gone by the time the FA gets to you. On my SAN-ATL flight last week, my choice was the italian type sandwich or nothing. Fortunately it was actually good.

I would suggest making a request to the FA before takeoff if you need vegetarian.
Old Aug 26, 2021, 2:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by DiverDave
Yes, but the choices may be gone by the time the FA gets to you. On my SAN-ATL flight last week, my choice was the italian type sandwich or nothing. Fortunately it was actually good.

I would suggest making a request to the FA before takeoff if you need vegetarian.
FAs followed FEBO ("Front Even, Back Odd") -- referring to where they began taking meal orders -- on DL317 DCA-LAX 30 Jul and DL484 SEA-JFK last week; OP states the flight in question is DL390, so high likelihood that they'll start with Row 1
Old Aug 26, 2021, 3:05 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by jrl767
FAs followed FEBO ("Front Even, Back Odd") -- referring to where they began taking meal orders -- on DL317 DCA-LAX 30 Jul and DL484 SEA-JFK last week; OP states the flight in question is DL390, so high likelihood that they'll start with Row 1
In my case, the FAs followed FEBO SAN-ATL but did not seem to follow it on the outbound ATL-SAN. And it was the same crew!

I was in the wrong part of the cabin both ways, but realized it too late and did not want to give up my preferred window seats on the North side of the route. I like to keep my window shade up, but don't like direct sun light coming in.
Old Aug 26, 2021, 3:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
sit in the middle (Rows 2/3 on a 75S, 3/4/5 and maybe 6 on a widebody) ... cuts the risk way down
DiverDave likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2021, 2:57 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, AA, SW, Delta
Does Delta sell hot food in the airline

I plan on flying delta comfort plus but for breakfast do they sell hot food onboard? I see they offer to first class, but not sure if they sell food to regular customers
Old Aug 27, 2021, 4:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
DL currently does not serve hot meals in domestic first class. At best you'll be allowed to buy a junk box in Y.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2021, 6:31 am

Programs: 2.96MM DL DM, Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, HH Lifetime Diamond, Marriott TE
Had the new "sad box" lunch MCO-DTW this week. FA came around with a handwritten list of offerings. The Strawberry salad was, at best, a small appetizer portion. What gets me is the FA's are doing just as much customer service as they would if they were serving hot food so please stop the with the stupid "because of Covid" excuse, Bastien. The only way you're leading is down.
Old Aug 27, 2021, 6:37 am

Programs: 2.96MM DL DM, Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, HH Lifetime Diamond, Marriott TE
Originally Posted by markbb99
ATL to LHR tonight in a full Delta One (2 seats available at gate for standby).

- no pre-departure drinks
- Beverages served in plastic - choice of “red” or “white”
- Had the sea bass which was decent but I asked if econ also got the same ice cream for desert and the fa admitted they did.
- Asked for a port - none on board.

DL are all about “welcome back” but at this stage and seeing photos of service on other DL international flights, the poor food/beverage service just seems like a mix of severe cost cutting, laziness and using COVID as an excuse. The fa said “we are governed by the CDC where some other airlines aren’t”.

Come on - step your game up.
"Governed by the CDC"??? That is a blatant lie. The CDC does not tell airlines what food they can serve.
Old Aug 27, 2021, 8:37 am

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Hyatt Explorist, Wyndham Diamond
Preorder menu for my flight tomorrow. Has anyone tried the chicken or meatball yet?

Old Aug 27, 2021, 9:09 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Ham sandwich boxes only for MSP-ATL F on 8/25. I skipped because I don’t eat red meat but others seemed to like it.
Minnyappleus likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2021, 10:34 am

Programs: aa ua dl jb starwood marriott hyatt
DL109 MAD to ATL Comfort Plus

Anyone recently flown this flight MAD to ATL and how were seats and food?
Am able to get row 16 C and E on Boeing 767-300.
Right now middle is empty.
Thoughts?
Old Aug 27, 2021, 11:03 am

Programs: Delta GM, Southwest A-List
The Delta website doesn't seem to be updated with meals at all.
Old Aug 27, 2021, 11:09 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles | Platinum
Originally Posted by ldonnelly
The Delta website doesn't seem to be updated with meals at all.
It is, actually - most routes over 900 will change over from "SNACK" to "BREAKFAST/LUNCH/DINNER" by 9/14.
Old Aug 27, 2021, 11:23 am

Programs: DL/DM, Hilton Honors DM
Been on the 767-300 a lot, but not recently. That said, food in C+ has been passable/poor on flights I've taken this year, but for a daytime Atlantic crossing, C+ is fine. IMO, Premium is not worth the extra cost westbound daytime.
anngi likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2021, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by esc2476
On a flight now from MSP to ANC. Three box options: prosciutto and mozzarella sandwich, chicken salad sandwich/wrap, and a quinoa bowl. Went with the bowl, which is passable. Disappointing for a 5.5 hour flight.....
Exactly the same offerings on FLL-LGA which had been billed as "Dinner in First." Certainly acceptable on the short flight and there was a chocolate chip cookie at the bottom of the box

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.