Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2021 Edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 8, 2021, 6:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: xliioper
Current 2021 First Class meal service status -- Current FC meal service consists of cold meal boxes with the exception of JFK-SEA and BOS-SEA/SFO FC marketed flights which receive hot meal service. This includes both domestic and international DL FC marketed flights. Otherwise, only D1 marketed flights receive hot meals. All flights over 900 miles which depart before 9PM receive meal service in FC. In addition, flights over 2300 miles will receive meal service in FC for departures after 9PM.

There have been no official announcements from DL concerning when hot meals will return to FC, however, it is rumored it will return Q1 2022.

Click here for the 2017 version of this thread.

Click here for the 2018/2019 version of this thread.

Click Here for the 2020 (Prior to COVID) Version of this thread

2020/Early 2021 - COVID Inflight Version of this Thread

Print Wikipost

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2021 Edition

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2021, 8:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by BamaGirl
That does not look appetizing at all. Way too much mayonnaise (IMO). What is the red/maroon condiment on the sandwich?
Better than my totally dry turkey sandwich on AA two days ago. Apparently who ever made the batch that got loaded didn't put the mayo on.
Old Aug 19, 2021, 8:48 pm

Programs: DL - PM (Sky Priority);HH - Gold; Marriott - Silver; National - Executive; DL Reserve AMEX
Alcohol in Coach?

Is it true that alcohol is only available, in Coach, for flights longer than 500 miles? The short hops aren't even offering it to passengers in coach? Is that accurate?

I'll probably keep my mask on the entire fight anyway, but was just curious.
Old Aug 19, 2021, 8:49 pm

These are the "artisan crafted" meals it took Delta months to come out with .
dw, flyerCO and Synapseturquoise like this.
Old Aug 19, 2021, 9:07 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by WScottsdaleInsider
Wouldn't say that I was a fan of the "Chicken Salad Sandwich" option tonight from JFK-LAS.

That looks disgusting! Why can’t they put the mayonnaise in packets on the side? I’d rather have the Bistro Box than this garbage.

Originally Posted by Yellowjj
These are the artisan crafted" meals it took Delta months to come out with .
According to DL, these sandwiches are “premium.” I’ve gotten better sandwiches from convince stores.
Old Aug 19, 2021, 9:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by WScottsdaleInsider
Wouldn't say that I was a fan of the "Chicken Salad Sandwich" option tonight from JFK-LAS.
Did it come with the congealed blood or was that something you had to ask for separate?
Old Aug 19, 2021, 11:30 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Prιfιrence
I was on a DCA-DTW routing last Saturday morning (I think this is listed as 402 miles). They only had water, coffee or tea in Y/C+; they did offer beer or wine in C+ (not sure about Y). I think the cutoff for service is 350 miles.
Old Aug 20, 2021, 1:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by Yellowjj
These are the "artisan crafted" meals it took Delta months to come out with .
Oh trust me they were indeed crafted by the endless lies DL loves to give
dw and DCAhome like this.
Old Aug 20, 2021, 2:34 am

Programs: National Executive Elite, Avis Chairmans Club, Hertz Presidents Circle
Delta 975 LAS-MSP 8/20/21. Received expired market snack box dated 7/13/21.
Old Aug 20, 2021, 4:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Tony King
Delta 975 LAS-MSP 8/20/21. Received expired market snack box dated 7/13/21.
Definitely unacceptable and a terrible look on top of a terrible offering, however, those things are so shelf stable and packed with preservatives I’m sure they’re safe to eat years after the printed expiry.
dw, krazykanuck and The Situation like this.
Old Aug 20, 2021, 6:46 am

Programs: AA Platinum, SPG Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Fairmont Premier, DL, CO
I'm looking to book JFK-LAS in mid-October. The flight selection page shows First (D) with the red header whereas the seat selection page shows Delta One with the purple header. Flight is on a 763. Of course things can change in 2 months, but any idea if this will be normal domestic first or Delta One service? Based on the above, this flight is currently being served the boxed cold meal, but hopefully it will revert back to proper hot meals by October.
Old Aug 20, 2021, 8:26 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by BamaGirl
That does not look appetizing at all. Way too much mayonnaise (IMO). What is the red/maroon condiment on the sandwich?
The prosciutto one someone posted last week looked okay (though would have been better without the mayo or with the mayo on the side) but that chicken salad one looks pretty disgusting. And I'm someone who will eat most of what is presented to me on a flight in an attempt to pass time.
Old Aug 20, 2021, 8:39 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.5 MM; AS MVP Gold 100K; HHonors Diamond; AMEX Platinum
Originally Posted by dw
The prosciutto one someone posted last week looked okay (though would have been better without the mayo or with the mayo on the side) but that chicken salad one looks pretty disgusting. And I'm someone who will eat most of what is presented to me on a flight in an attempt to pass time.
I had that a couple of weeks ago. It looks disgusting, and I don't like chicken salad or mayo in general. (I thought it was a salad with chicken when I asked for it.)

In the end, I was actually surprised that the taste was okay. I'm not saying I like these "curated, artisan" sandwiches. I'd much rather have an actual meal in F.
dw likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2021, 8:54 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by DCAproducer
SAN-JFK is not a D1 flight. It's sold/marketed as First Class, which does not get the D1 meals.
It gets the 75S and 764, but not true D1 service/benefits. (ie. You wouldn't get SkyClub access on that ticket either)

On my trip itinerary at my Delta app it says Delta One. There is one flight a day that is Delta One, the other are regular first class
Old Aug 20, 2021, 9:37 am

Programs: Delta PM, Delta Reserve, Amex Plat, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold ;)
Originally Posted by Miesque
On my trip itinerary at my Delta app it says Delta One. There is one flight a day that is Delta One, the other are regular first class
Under seat selection it appears as D1, but when I look at dummy bookings, the booking class is Domestic F, not D1 and in search results it shows up a First Class fare, not D1. This is for both the 730a flight and 1255.

Farecode for SAN-JFK: YA0NA0FL
Farecode JFK-SAN: XAUUA0FW

Delta fare basis: https://pro.delta.com/content/agency...structure.html
Old Aug 20, 2021, 9:49 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by DCAproducer
Under seat selection it appears as D1, but when I look at dummy bookings, the booking class is Domestic F, not D1 and in search results it shows up a First Class fare, not D1. This is for both the 730a flight and 1255.

Farecode for SAN-JFK: YA0NA0FL
Farecode JFK-SAN: XAUUA0FW

Delta fare basis: https://pro.delta.com/content/agency...structure.html
Is it possible in Early November its different because I checked my reservation again for the Nov 7 12:55 PM SAN-JFK at Delta.com and its specifically says Delta One Class and it tells me the official spin about Delta One including Sky Club access so if that is not the case they are completely misrepresenting the product.

Last edited by Miesque; Aug 20, 2021 at 10:01 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.