Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Status of JFK T2 during COVID (reopened late June 2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Status of JFK T2 during COVID (reopened late June 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2021, 7:03 pm

Originally Posted by bonoman
Assuming it is running, the bus is the best way. The only catch is there are some "bus dragons" who want to see a BP for T4. When I've had 3+ hour connections, I've had to argue with them about going to the T4 Skydeck, not that it is any of their business why I want to go but have eventually passed.
Bus Dragons??
BP

Lounge access not involved here, my daughter wants to surprise my wife. Can my daughter get to her gate at another terminal??
Old Oct 21, 2021, 7:07 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by bonoman
Assuming it is running, the bus is the best way. The only catch is there are some "bus dragons" who want to see a BP for T4. When I've had 3+ hour connections, I've had to argue with them about going to the T4 Skydeck, not that it is any of their business why I want to go but have eventually passed.
Is there a capacity issue with the jitney/shutttle? I could see placing terminal restrictions if that were the case.
Old Oct 21, 2021, 7:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by bdklein
Bus Dragons??
BP

Lounge access not involved here, my daughter wants to surprise my wife. Can my daughter get to her gate at another terminal??
The agent at the door leading to buses. You must have a BP (any BP doesn't matter if flight is even from T1) to technically use the bus under JFK security rules as you'll be on the "ramp." Not sure how you get to that point without one, but whatever.
bonoman likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2021, 7:26 pm

Originally Posted by flyerCO
The agent at the door leading to buses. You must have a BP (any BP doesn't matter if flight is even from T1) to technically use the bus under JFK security rules as you'll be on the "ramp." Not sure how you get to that point without one, but whatever.
Oh, BP is boarding pass, gotcha, thanks for the info. Will figure something out.
Old Oct 22, 2021, 8:55 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Originally Posted by bdklein
So my daughter is scheduled to arrive at T4 tomorrow. My wife is scheduled to arrive at T2 a bit later . My wife doesn't know she is coming home forget the weekend. My daughter wants to surprise her
If your daughter is flying into T4, she should head to either Gate B54 or B18 to take the free JFK Jitney to T2. As stated above, she may be asked to show a boarding pass from a line screener but if she just explains she is meeting her mom at her arrival gate, that should be enough. Once in T2, she will have access to any gate within the terminal (it's very small), including your wife's arrival gate. Gate assignments change frequently so that should be kept in mind. Also, under no circumstances should she try and make the transfer using the AirTrain as that is outside of security and she won't be able to enter T2.
Old Jan 8, 2022, 10:10 am

I know this is an older thread but as it comes up on Google search though worth an update!

I fly today JFK to AUS. Gate updated to show T2 departure in check in online. Booked on. 5 Jan. The booking email STILL states T2 is closed. The Delta App when I click on info also says closed etc.

I wanted to use the Centurion Lounge in T4 where my original email said I would depart from (why I booked Delta over AA).

The Jitney is operational today.
Contacted Delta on secure messaging. Long wait for answer. But they confirmed T2 now open but I am good to check in at T4 and use the bus after lounge usage. Also checked with JFK it’s operational.

If for any reason it doesn’t work I will update here. But just in case any new bookers like me still are seeing the same issue with Delta providing incorrect information on booking confirmation emails and want to use T4 lounges for T2 departures.
Old Jan 8, 2022, 1:55 pm

I flew into T2 at the end of December, and it was open and the bus operating. Surprisingly easy to connect T2 to T4 that way.
Old Jan 8, 2022, 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by mb752
I flew into T2 at the end of December, and it was open and the bus operating. Surprisingly easy to connect T2 to T4 that way.
albeit the sky club at T2 was closed this evening and looked disused. Hence going in via T4 was an even better choice in the end as I has all the lounges there/. My transfer took less than 5 mins and easy quick walk to the Jitney.
Old Jun 5, 2022, 4:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Does anyone know if the T2 SkyClub is currently open? DL.com says yes, but the Delta App still says it's Temporarily Closed. Currently have a rolling delay out of T2, just trying to figure out best options for when to leave the Centurion in T4. Thanks.

-FlyerBeek
Old Jun 5, 2022, 6:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
To answer my own question: the T2 SkyClub is definitely open.

-FlyerBeek
cmd320 and ohhleary like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.