Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Different snacks in C+?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2021, 10:47 am
Original Poster

Different snacks in C+?

What snacks have been served in Comfort+ lately? We have a 6 hour flight from CUN to SEA and I'm considering upgrading to C+ for $40 each. Besides the extra legroom, are there different snacks in C+ to make it worth it? I know I get free drinks. On our flight to CUN, we got goldfish crackers and a small Cliff bar twice (neither kid like Ciff bars). We have granola bars and our resort doesn't offer any packaged snacks other than boxed cereal. We will leave for the airport around 1pm and won't get into SEA until 8:30pm. I have Priority Pass but we are flying out of Terminal 3 so there aren't any lounges there. I really don't want grumpy, hangry teen boys sitting next to me for 6 hours so that's why I was wondering if there are better snacks in C+.
Old Jun 28, 2021, 11:19 am

Programs: Delta DM, United Silver, Marriott LT Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
Usually Biscoff cookies and a small bag of salted nuts on domestic flights these days. Looks like there are a couple restaurants in the terminal, which would be a better idea.
Old Jun 28, 2021, 11:34 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
Same as Main Cabin. These days two of the following catered seemingly at random: Biscoff, almonds, pretzels, Goldfish, Clif bar, Kind bar.
Old Jun 28, 2021, 11:38 am

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by tk2205
What snacks have been served in Comfort+ lately?
Old Jun 28, 2021, 11:42 am

Programs: Delta Platinum; Hilton Diamond; Marriot Gold
Yeah…despite saying they are, Delta has as of yet refused to bring back the snack basket to FC on sub 900 mile flights and to C+ on >900 flights
Old Jun 28, 2021, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
I flew a morning flight in C+ from SEA to JFK last week (marketed as D1 with flat beds up front). FA came around at the beginning of the flight (prior to the service cart) and provided a selection of "premium" snacks in a basket. I selected a bag of chocolate chip cookie.
Old Jun 28, 2021, 1:11 pm

What snacks have been served in Comfort+ lately? We have a 6 hour flight from CUN to SEA and I'm considering upgrading to C+ for $40 each. Besides the extra legroom, are there different snacks in C+ to make it worth it? I know I get free drinks. On our flight to CUN, we got goldfish crackers and a small Cliff bar twice (neither kid like Ciff bars). We have granola bars and our resort doesn't offer any packaged snacks other than boxed cereal. We will leave for the airport around 1pm and won't get into SEA until 8:30pm. I have Priority Pass but we are flying out of Terminal 3 so there aren't any lounges there. I really don't want grumpy, hangry teen boys sitting next to me for 6 hours so that's why I was wondering if there are better snacks in C+.
When is the flight? I think C+ may get a "snack basket" of sorts returning when meals in F return in the first half of July. I am sure someone has the exact date for that. My itinerary for a SEA-ATL on 7/16 shows "snacks, drinks and snacks" whereas main cabin shows just "snacks and drinks" leading me to believe C+ will get a little more. That being said, $40pp for some cheap snacks may not be the best value. If food is a concern, I would definitely bring your own or buy in airport and come out quite a bit ahead. If you put the emphasis on legroom, free booze, and earlier boarding, C+ would be more worth it.
Old Jun 28, 2021, 4:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by The Situation
When is the flight? I think C+ may get a "snack basket" of sorts returning when meals in F return in the first half of July. I am sure someone has the exact date for that. My itinerary for a SEA-ATL on 7/16 shows "snacks, drinks and snacks" whereas main cabin shows just "snacks and drinks" leading me to believe C+ will get a little more. That being said, $40pp for some cheap snacks may not be the best value. If food is a concern, I would definitely bring your own or buy in airport and come out quite a bit ahead. If you put the emphasis on legroom, free booze, and earlier boarding, C+ would be more worth it.
It's in a few days. I saw the same for C+ and main so that's why I was asking. I thought maybe they'd have a better snack selection in C+. We'll probably just eat at the airport since my PP lounge is in a different terminal and stick with our seats in the back of main cabin.
Old Jun 28, 2021, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Meals on FC flights over 1500 miles start on 7/13.
Old Jun 28, 2021, 4:58 pm

Programs: AA,DL,F9,UA,WN
I think $40 to upgrade to C+ for a flight of that length is a great deal.
I realize you have to multiple that by the number of passengers you have.
Synapseturquoise likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2021, 5:01 pm

It's in a few days. I saw the same for C+ and main so that's why I was asking. I thought maybe they'd have a better snack selection in C+. We'll probably just eat at the airport since my PP lounge is in a different terminal and stick with our seats in the back of main cabin.
I think that is the right plan for you then. The snacks for you will be minimal. If you are really desperate, you can always walk to the back galley and ask for more (but then again how many goldfish and biscoff can one eat).
Old Jun 28, 2021, 7:49 pm

Programs: AS - MVPG; DL - SM; Marriott, Hilton, SPG - Gold
Originally Posted by The Situation
$40pp for some cheap snacks may not be the best value. If food is a concern, I would definitely bring your own or buy in airport and come out quite a bit ahead. If you put the emphasis on legroom, free booze, and earlier boarding, C+ would be more worth it.
For me, I'd pay the $40 in a heartbeat just for the extra legroom on a 6 hour flight. The complimentary booze would be a much welcome bonus. Guess we all have different priorities.
Synapseturquoise and Duke787 like this.
Old Jun 28, 2021, 9:12 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by LWkitty
For me, I'd pay the $40 in a heartbeat just for the extra legroom on a 6 hour flight. The complimentary booze would be a much welcome bonus. Guess we all have different priorities.
agreed definitely a good deal. They were asking $110 to upgrade ATL to DEN and that is a 3 hr flight. Besides C+ is getting booze now. I'd still buy a sandwich or something to bring on board. There is so many biscoff cookies or cliff bars that I can take in 6 hrs.
Old Jun 29, 2021, 11:37 am

Programs: AA, DL Platinum, AS, AF/KL, UA, VS, HA, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
In C+ RDU-LAX, it was just these almond-based snacks. If you're literally deathly allergic to almonds like I am, you're SOL. The FA unapologetically said this was all they had for us. A much more sympathetic FA smuggled some Goldfish from FC for me. I guess Goldfish is FC-only now!

C+. Just almond-based items.
Old Jun 29, 2021, 11:56 am

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Titanium
Aren't the flight fuel boxes supposed to be able to be purchased in MC/C+ now? Not free but at least an option.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.