Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New "pop-up" SkyClub in Anchorage

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2021, 2:51 pm

Programs: National Executive Elite, Avis Chairmans Club, Hertz Presidents Circle
I was actually in the wrong area at first. The area you see the first sign should have an arrow pointing to the entrance. Being that it's blocking some stairs, gives the false impression that is the entrance and it's closed.

Entrance is actually some stairs adjacent to Starbucks. And the SkyClub is open. Very few passengers here right now. Good selection of snacks, sandwiches, fruit, yogurt, salad, water, juice, soda, and a bar.
Old Oct 16, 2021, 2:59 pm

Programs: Marriott, IHG, Delta, United
Originally Posted by Tony King
I was actually in the wrong area at first. The area you see the first sign should have an arrow pointing to the entrance. Being that it's blocking some stairs, gives the false impression that is the entrance and it's closed.

Entrance is actually some stairs adjacent to Starbucks. And the SkyClub is open. Very few passengers here right now. Good selection of snacks, sandwiches, fruit, yogurt, salad, water, juice, soda, and a bar.
I had the same experience the first time I visited as well. Fortunately in my case I could see some club members enjoying an adult beverage on the balcony, which sparked curiosity and led me to find the northern stairwell to the entrance.

I agree that it would be valuable to have an arrow, or “entrance to the right” sign on that closed staircase.
Old Jul 31, 2022, 1:47 pm
WGM

Programs: DL PM
Has anyone been to the ANC SC lately? It is still listed on the DL website. Schedule change Saturday got me for an upcoming trip and now flying out of ANC.
Old Jul 31, 2022, 1:58 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by WGM
Has anyone been to the ANC SC lately? It is still listed on the DL website. Schedule change Saturday got me for an upcoming trip and now flying out of ANC.
Not super recently, but I was there at the end of April:

DCAhome and dtwlarry like this.
Old Jul 31, 2022, 2:35 pm

Programs: Marriott, IHG, Delta, United
Originally Posted by Zorak
Not super recently, but I was there at the end of April:

Have not been to ANC recently, but Zorak’s photos above give a pretty good summary of what the club experience is like. Still very much appreciated that it was there.

One tidbit I will share is that if you look on the Delta website, and choose Amex Reserve card as your “entrance method”, the ANC club no longer pops up (it did previously). However if you use other entry methods, it still shows. So I am unsure if the club is no longer accepting Amex Reserve as entrance method (seems unlikely but maybe), if the club is gone, or if that is just a website glitch.

If someone gets there and can report back, it’d be much appreciated!
Old Jul 31, 2022, 2:40 pm

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by kavok
One tidbit I will share is that if you look on the Delta website, and choose Amex Reserve card as your “entrance method”, the ANC club no longer pops up (it did previously). However if you use other entry methods, it still shows. So I am unsure if the club is no longer accepting Amex Reserve as entrance method (seems unlikely but maybe), if the club is gone, or if that is just a website glitch.

If someone gets there and can report back, it’d be much appreciated!
FWIW my entry in late April was based on Reserve card access (although just by virtue of scanning my BP as usual)
Kwaj boy and kavok like this.
Old Jul 31, 2022, 8:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Wasn't the ANC popup SC originally available--surprisingly--for all DL passengers? When did this change?
Old Jul 31, 2022, 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Wasn't the ANC popup SC originally available--surprisingly--for all DL passengers?
I don't know the specifics as to timing, but posts 26-27 in this thread suggest otherwise.
Old Jul 31, 2022, 8:14 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Wasn't the ANC popup SC originally available--surprisingly--for all DL passengers? When did this change?
No, it has always been accessed like any other Sky Club.
Old Aug 1, 2022, 5:23 pm

Programs: DL, AS, 7H, KS
Originally Posted by DLASflyer
No, it has always been accessed like any other Sky Club.
One of the things that makes the ANC Sky Club unique is that any Delta passenger can buy a day pass. You are not required to have a certain credit card…or status…or fare class.

Here is the current signage:

PanAmSam likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2022, 5:36 pm

Programs: DL, AS, 7H, KS
Interestingly, the Alaska Lounge (Board Room) at ANC has a new policy that they do not sell day passes. Perhaps Delta sees an opportunity here to lure some new customers.

Old Aug 1, 2022, 9:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
So anyone flying out of ANC on *Alaska*(or any other carrier) can enter the DL SC for $39 (assuming the person is 18+ since there seems to be a bartender)? That's amazing, and potentially a good creative decision by someone at DL.
Old Aug 1, 2022, 11:05 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
Originally Posted by Eighty8MPH
One of the things that makes the ANC Sky Club unique is that any Delta passenger can buy a day pass. You are not required to have a certain credit card…or status…or fare class.

Interesting, it was not like that last year when I visited.
Old Aug 2, 2022, 9:14 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/1.2MM, UA Premier gold/1MM, Choice diamond, Marriott gold
Originally Posted by cmd320
Wow, spread looks better than a regular SC.
It's not. I've been there several times and it's all cold food. It's fine, but the "regular" SCs have a much better spread including hot food.
Old Aug 2, 2022, 9:18 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/1.2MM, UA Premier gold/1MM, Choice diamond, Marriott gold
DL Reserve is still good to get in, via scanning my BP. I was there last in late June.
ebayj and kavok like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.