FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   AirEuropa (UX) availability with SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/2042698-aireuropa-ux-availability-skymiles.html)

ukinny2000 Jun 15, 2021 9:21 am

AirEuropa (UX) availability with SkyMiles

I have a situation where I am seeing award seats available for a UX flight using the loyalty programs of various Skyteam airlines such as AFKL, KoreanAir etc...,. but not via Delta (according to the various agents I have repeatedly tried calling). Does Delta only get a subset of award seats that UX makes generally available to other ST members? or is there some secret method to getting UX flights with Delta SkyMiles? Specifically looking at UX6037 on 7/10 (which , if ExpertFlyer is to be trusted, has a number of award seats open)

FlyAO2 Jun 15, 2021 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by ukinny2000 (Post 33330398)
I have a situation where I am seeing award seats available for a UX flight using the loyalty programs of various Skyteam airlines such as AFKL, KoreanAir etc...,. but not via Delta (according to the various agents I have repeatedly tried calling). Does Delta only get a subset of award seats that UX makes generally available to other ST members? or is there some secret method to getting UX flights with Delta SkyMiles? Specifically looking at UX6037 on 7/10 (which , if ExpertFlyer is to be trusted, has a number of award seats open)

So 2 potential issues....

1) Air Europa has to be booked through a different system -- sometimes the agent doesn't know that.

2) Is this a multi segment flight? If so - check to see if the inventory is available segment by segment.

I've noticed this issue with Aeroflot (so might be relevant for UX too). For example, Aeroflot often times has mileage availability for a flight that goes XXA to XXC (flying with a connection so flight goes XXA to XXB and then connecting to XXB to XXC); however if you search individually for flight XXA-XXB or XXB-XXC there is no inventory. Not unusual as airlines can make certain routings avail with miles but not the in between flight.

HOWEVER, DL would be unable to book your XXA to XXC flight in my above example because the individual segments aren't avail separately. Ridiculous glitch, but is what it is

ukinny2000 Jun 15, 2021 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by FlyAO2 (Post 33330959)
So 2 potential issues....

1) Air Europa has to be booked through a different system -- sometimes the agent doesn't know that.

2) Is this a multi segment flight? If so - check to see if the inventory is available segment by segment.

I've noticed this issue with Aeroflot (so might be relevant for UX too). For example, Aeroflot often times has mileage availability for a flight that goes XXA to XXC (flying with a connection so flight goes XXA to XXB and then connecting to XXB to XXC); however if you search individually for flight XXA-XXB or XXB-XXC there is no inventory. Not unusual as airlines can make certain routings avail with miles but not the in between flight.

HOWEVER, DL would be unable to book your XXA to XXC flight in my above example because the individual segments aren't avail separately. Ridiculous glitch, but is what it is

It is actually just a single segment flight. To add to the curiosity of the situation, the agents will sometimes request the space via Direct access, and the space will come back confirmed, only to be then pulled back by ux a few minutes later. They can see availability on that route much later on in the day (there are about 6 flights a day on that route with ux as it is just a 25 min flight), but that particular flight that i am trying to get on does not appear, even though it is made available to all the other Sky team members, or at least the sky team members that I checked.

flyerCO Jun 15, 2021 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by ukinny2000 (Post 33331366)
It is actually just a single segment flight. To add to the curiosity of the situation, the agents will sometimes request the space via Direct access, and the space will come back confirmed, only to be then pulled back by ux a few minutes later. They can see availability on that route much later on in the day (there are about 6 flights a day on that route with ux as it is just a 25 min flight), but that particular flight that i am trying to get on does not appear, even though it is made available to all the other Sky team members, or at least the sky team members that I checked.

It may be phantom inventory if it's getting unconfirmed.

CaliguyNYC Jun 16, 2021 6:56 am

Welcome to the joys of booking UX on SkyMiles. It is such a pain. But yes you have to ensure the agent uses the special system (not the normal one). ALso UX changed their award class Codes which causes confusion. And yes it will show available, be confirmed and then become unconfirmed. Also be careful, UX can add a ton of fees to a multi segment ticket. This all said, it does work and will stick and using flying blue to see availability is a great way of handling.

Long Train Runnin Oct 28, 2022 9:51 am

I think this is the best thread for my question.

I found space via Flying Blue for a flight ASU-MAD.

Before I call in I was just wondering what I should expect to pay in miles?

TIA.

greener_007 Jan 12, 2023 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by CaliguyNYC (Post 33332715)
Welcome to the joys of booking UX on SkyMiles. It is such a pain. But yes you have to ensure the agent uses the special system (not the normal one). ALso UX changed their award class Codes which causes confusion. And yes it will show available, be confirmed and then become unconfirmed. Also be careful, UX can add a ton of fees to a multi segment ticket. This all said, it does work and will stick and using flying blue to see availability is a great way of handling.

Hi, I wanted to see if anyone has any more specific insights into the "special system" quoted above and prior when calling DL to book UX. I saw from another third-party blog that they encountered a similar scenario and the DL representative indicated they had to get a manual to make the booking.

Regardless, any updated info on the specific system name, code requirements, et. al would be appreciated. I'd like to book a OW from MIA-MAD this spring and the business availability on FB appears to be quite good. Cheers!

kinglobjaw Nov 29, 2023 8:51 pm

Any luck with this lately? Curious what the process is these days? Am seeing a lot of 'Z' Business inventory which partners see, and am trying to figure out the best way to book using SkyMiles.

Also- what are the mileage costs? Are they fixed or variable like a DL flight?