Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Booking Issues 6/14

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2021, 6:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM, Delta Reserve, Amex Plat, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold ;)
Booking Issues 6/14

On DL.com tonight trying to book flights for August and Sept. DL.com won't show any fares other than F. I've tried different browsers, logged out and even tried multiple markets and all Y seems to be emptied out. Anyone else having issues? My thought is system updates.
Old Jun 14, 2021, 7:07 pm

Programs: Lame Duck Delta PM, Freshly Minted AA EXP
Same here, both the app and .com...nothin' but D1/First showing as available for purchase.
Old Jun 14, 2021, 7:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Yeah me too. App and website. My TA for work can pull up Y fares though. ITA matrix just pulling F fares as well....
Old Jun 14, 2021, 7:22 pm

Programs: DL SM, AAdvantage, SPG
And I thought I was going crazy...

I saw a C+ fare show up on delta.com but it wouldn't let me continue when I selected it.

Edit: And the flights that do show up say "Flight Partner Service" when it's clearly a Delta operated flight..
Old Jun 14, 2021, 7:47 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Y pax would take their business elsewhere = lost revenue for DL.
Old Jun 14, 2021, 8:05 pm

I just posted similar without seeing this thread.

It shows me all Business Class when I search for award tickets.

Also won't let me modify an exiting reservation.
Old Jun 14, 2021, 8:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

EF is showing coach inventory availability on flights and Expedia/Priceline are showing coach fare booking options. Issues seem limited to DL's own fare search and ITA/Google Flights. Haven't used Priceline in awhile. When did they add $7 seat selection fee?

Last edited by xliioper; Jun 14, 2021 at 8:17 pm
Old Jun 14, 2021, 8:24 pm

Programs: Skymiles
It’s happening to me too. Looked at flights to El Paso and only first class is available. I *know* there is not that much demand to go to El Paso.

I searched other routes and it seems to be a system wide thing.
Old Jun 14, 2021, 9:05 pm

Delta Sucks for Not Warning of Their IT Problems

I spent easily 45 minutes monkeying with delta.com trying to make a reservation. Now I see that it's systemwide problem. Booking Issues 6/14

Delta IT has likely known about this for hours. During that period of time, and continuing on, people have literally wasted thousand of hours in futile searches because the system is down.

Did Delta put a warning on its home page warning people of the IT problems so they wouldn't waste their time? Did Delta get the word out through its Twitter account. No and No.

I suppose "rude" is the mildest term I can think of under these circumstances.
Old Jun 14, 2021, 9:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
I think you’re being kind.

Delta sucks in general, not just because of their atrocious IT.
Old Jun 14, 2021, 9:10 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Seems like DL isn’t alone in having technical issues tonight. All WN flights are grounded right now due to their network systems being down.
Old Jun 14, 2021, 9:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K Marriott Platinum
same.....I tried to DM Delta...autoresponder says they don't respond to twitter. 3-9 hour wait to talk to someone.
Old Jun 14, 2021, 9:36 pm

Programs: DL SM, AAdvantage, SPG
Alaskaair.com has this warning banner:
Website alert: We are currently experiencing issues that affect shopping at alaskaair.com, our mobile app and through our contact center. We are actively working with our partner that powers our shopping platform to resolve the issue. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please try again later.
Seems to be a bigger issue than just Delta, but they should still put something on delta.com.
jrkmsp likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2021, 9:37 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
I think Alaska is impacted as well. I was searching a flight from MSP-SEA and the AA codeshare of Alaska showed up, but not Alaska itself.
Old Jun 14, 2021, 9:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Yep same here. Was trying to look at some December flights and all it will show me is connecting via YYZ and flying WS the whole way. Have been looking on AA / UA for the same set of flights and no issues

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.