Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Getting SkyTeam Elite Plus Recognized by Air France

Old Jun 6, 2021, 3:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion

Does anyone know how (or if) I can get my SkyTeam Elite Plus Status as a Delta GM recognized by Air France if I am booking a ticket directly with Air France in Economy from France to another country in Europe like Spain? Would this let me use their lounge in Paris and give me one free checked bag on economy? Thanks!
Old Jun 6, 2021, 3:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nycflyer124
Does anyone know how (or if) I can get my SkyTeam Elite Plus Status as a Delta GM recognized by Air France if I am booking a ticket directly with Air France in Economy from France to another country in Europe like Spain? Would this let me use their lounge in Paris and give me one free checked bag on economy? Thanks!
Just put your ffn in the reservation. Alliance's have cross airline status benefits. Link--->https://www.skyteam.com/en/frequent-flyers
Look at the bottom of the web page
Extra baggage is a benefit, but not "free" baggage. So that may vary. USA & EU airlines operate differently.
Old Jun 6, 2021, 5:17 pm

Programs: Skymiles Gold
Originally Posted by nycflyer124
You need to use your Skymiles number on the reservation. There should be a field somewhere on the AF site. If not, you can try the KLM site. I've had more success managing reservations using KLM. You can also use Czech Airlines and Kenya, but KLM is usually the best.
Old Jun 6, 2021, 5:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion
Thanks for pointing out that’s it’s technically an “extra” baggage benefit. Does anyone know what this will be? I would want to check in one bag...
Old Jun 6, 2021, 6:17 pm
VFR

Programs: AA PP, DL PM
From Air France's site:

If you are a Flying Blue Silver, Gold or Platinum, or SkyTeam Elite or Elite Plus member, you are entitled to 1 additional checked baggage item at no extra charge. The permitted weight depends on your travel cabin.
My interpretation of this is that you should get one bag for free as a STE+ on an Economy Light fare, or more on higher fares.
Old Jun 6, 2021, 7:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
Just put your ffn in the reservation. Alliance's have cross airline status benefits. Link--->https://www.skyteam.com/en/frequent-flyers
Look at the bottom of the web page
Extra baggage is a benefit, but not "free" baggage. So that may vary. USA & EU airlines operate differently.
What do you think a bag allowance is? It means what you get for free. STE+ and STE gets at least 1 extra bag. Even if allowance is zero, you'll get 1 bag at least free.

US/EU both use piece concept for bags.
CPMaverick and dlflyer00 like this.
Old Jun 7, 2021, 6:03 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA Gold/1MM, AS MVP 100K, AA Gold
Also, in my experience, AF and KL do a good job with their recognition of DL medallions with status easily shown on boarding passes. I've taken at least a dozen intra Europe flights on AF/KL and never had an issue at checking, getting my extra bag, or accessing the lounge with just my BP.
MikeyZBT and ExArkie like this.
Old Sep 6, 2021, 1:15 am

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Even if allowance is zero, you'll get 1 bag at least free.
We have a trip within Europe on hold with AF (no baggage fare option). 2 passengers in the reservation: 1 is FB Plat and the other is SkyTeam Elite Plus (SU). Funny that onward part is now showing no hold bags for both (yesterday was 1 hold bag for FB Plat) and return is showing 2 hold bags.
Old Sep 6, 2021, 1:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Keter
We have a trip within Europe on hold with AF (no baggage fare option). 2 passengers in the reservation: 1 is FB Plat and the other is SkyTeam Elite Plus (SU). Funny that onward part is now showing no hold bags for both (yesterday was 1 hold bag for FB Plat) and return is showing 2 hold bags.
It can be screwy what it shows online.

STE+ will always get at least one bag up to 23kg free on AF/KL.
Keter likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2021, 8:15 am

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by Keter
Remember, status flows from the individual FF numbers that are included in the reservation. For each individual, be sure that the FF account number for that individual is the one that has the desired status.
Keter and Onwardandupwards like this.
Old Sep 6, 2021, 11:56 pm

Programs: DL DM; AFKL FBE; ITA Exec
Originally Posted by flyerCO
It can be screwy what it shows online.

STE+ will always get at least one bag up to 23kg free on AF/KL.
Yes: esp AF system can do some odd tricks, but at check-in/bag drop it will be easy. At worst you’ll need remind them of status. I have managed to get 3x bags (all normal sized though) because of FBE+, but that was pre-covid. They might be stricter now.
Keter likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2021, 1:27 pm

As a general reminder, if you plan to credit to DL and use DL status - if you have a AF/KL Flying Blue account, do NOT log into your Flying Blue account when looking up the reservation on the AF/KL website otherwise your DL FFN will be overwritten by the Flying Blue one.

Once you booked your flight and provided Delta FFN, you can manage your trip by clicking "My Bookings" and entering your Booking Reference and Last Name. Then you can select seats and verify number of included bags according to your status.
Old Feb 25, 2022, 10:31 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
I'm noticing that on an upcoming itinerary, my elite status isn't reflected in any way on the Air France web site. Do folks normally see their status listed/synced over after entering their frequent flier number? If so, perhaps I need to reach out to AF to have the status refreshed by removing/readding the number...
Old Feb 26, 2022, 10:37 am

Programs: Delta PM
Originally Posted by tearex
As a general reminder, if you plan to credit to DL and use DL status - if you have a AF/KL Flying Blue account, do NOT log into your Flying Blue account when looking up the reservation on the AF/KL website otherwise your DL FFN will be overwritten by the Flying Blue one.

Once you booked your flight and provided Delta FFN, you can manage your trip by clicking "My Bookings" and entering your Booking Reference and Last Name. Then you can select seats and verify number of included bags according to your status.
Great call out.
Old Feb 26, 2022, 11:46 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by BenA
I'm noticing that on an upcoming itinerary, my elite status isn't reflected in any way on the Air France web site. Do folks normally see their status listed/synced over after entering their frequent flier number? If so, perhaps I need to reach out to AF to have the status refreshed by removing/readding the number...
It should show your status in the itinerary. Usually a Twitter DM solves it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.