Wiki Posts
Search

763 row 1

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2021, 11:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Platinum; Hilton Diamond; Marriot Gold
763 row 1

Question… I know that row one on the 763 has a much larger foot well for sleeping. How much does the noise/light from the galley, and the lavatories negate that benefit?
Old Jun 2, 2021, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Pianoman109876
Question… I know that row one on the 763 has a much larger foot well for sleeping. How much does the noise/light from the galley, and the lavatories negate that benefit?
I’ve flown in 1A/1D several times including on a redeye and the lava and galley were both far enough away to be a non-issue, at least IMO.
Old Jun 2, 2021, 2:17 pm

Programs: DL, AA, UA
That's my favorite seat! Either side on the window. Definitely has more foot room. I had no problems with proximity to the galley. They switched my normal transatlantic flight to the A333 so I'm back to herringbone. Book it!
Old Jun 2, 2021, 3:11 pm

Programs: Hub Captive Club
Unless you have kid sized feet or really short legs no amount of noise or light from the galley will offset the added room compared to any other row of D1 on a 763. I'm 6'2" with size 12s...as far as I'm concerned they can have a marching band in the galley and I'd still take row 1 over the rest. Row 1...bearable. Others...not so much.

Last edited by spin2nd; Jun 2, 2021 at 3:12 pm Reason: Typing is hard...
Old Jun 2, 2021, 4:47 pm

Programs: DL, AS, 7H, KS
If I was in your situation, I would not hesitate to book 1A or 1D.

Expect a little extra room for your feet, and minimal distraction from the galley.
El Boocho and Duke787 like this.
Old Jun 3, 2021, 3:19 am

Can't recommend 1 A/D enough. The galley light isn't an issue and I like having the bulkhead right there. The distractions are actually minimized.
cmd320 and El Boocho like this.
Old Jun 3, 2021, 5:20 am

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
Also, relatively few people use the lavs that are in front of 1A and 1D, which is something that seatguru.com alleges is a problem with these seats.

When I've been lucky enough to score upgrades into D1, I've picked seats in row 1.
Old Jun 3, 2021, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
I like 1A (1D is probably the same but I've never sat in it) on this plane more than any other seat in the cabin. It's definitely the most private, has the large footwell, and doesn't really get galley interference.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2021, 4:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Agree with the crowd on this one. 1A is the best seat on this plane (1B/1C are also good if traveling with a companion). I've never been bothered by traffic or galley light (though I always use eye masks when sleeping in J on flights whether I'm sitting near the galley or far away from it so it's a non-factor for me).
Pianoman109876 likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2021, 11:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Galley noise can depend on how considerate the cabin crew are, but i'll take 1A or 1D if available. Of these two seats, IMO 1D can be a bit more private, but you'll probably deplane slightly later if that matters to you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.