Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Overhead bin space on regional jets (CRJ/CR2/CR7/CR9/E75) Consolidated Threads

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Overhead bin space on regional jets (CRJ/CR2/CR7/CR9/E75) Consolidated Threads

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2015, 12:20 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by jrl767
all DL CR7s and CR9s (regardless of affiliate operator) are A//B-C in F: the -700s have three rows (9 seats) whereas the CR9s have four rows (12 seats)

let's please keep these discussions on track: the discussion of the exit rows in Y, and bringing up the CR2s, is completely irrelevant to OP's question about overhead bins in F on CR9s
Delta.com thinks it is A//C-D:
https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...t-diamond.html
https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...t-diamond.html

That said I don't know if I've ever paid attention to what the signs on the planes say. I know when I select my seat online it says A//C-D, and then I know where in the cabin my seat is when I board, but I've probably never actually looked at the signage in the cabin to compare it to my seat assignment.
Old Feb 10, 2015, 9:33 am

Programs: AADULtArer
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
If they fit, you will receive a bunch of scowls from those PAX who have gate checked their rollaboards and are looking to put a computer bag in the OH.

Two 20" rollaboards will occupy a significant fraction of the total available OH space.
Correct. It's rude to stuff your roller where the bulkhead guys have to put everything. Book one of the stern first seats and then you can put your roller where you can get to it, and bulkhead can stow their stuff.

If you insist on 1A and then fill the bin, you are " that guy"
Old Feb 10, 2015, 9:50 am

Programs: Ex DL-DM. MM. TWA-Aviator Plat. HHonors-DVIP, MR-Gold. Nat-Emerald. Avis Chairmn.
It will fit. Now, you may draw suspecion from the GA who may strongly encourage you to attach a pink tag and leave it at the bottom of the stairs to be retreived there at the destination. I just take the pink tag and proceed on with my roller anyway. Fits. Now, depending on how much stuff you have packed and weather or not it expands, you may have to put it sideways and move one of the bags to first row of coach--to be polite.
Old Feb 10, 2015, 9:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by tvnwz
It will fit. Now, you may draw suspecion from the GA who may strongly encourage you to attach a pink tag and leave it at the bottom of the stairs to be retreived there at the destination. I just take the pink tag and proceed on with my roller anyway. Fits. Now, depending on how much stuff you have packed and weather or not it expands, you may have to put it sideways and move one of the bags to first row of coach--to be polite.
Stairs? I've never boarded or deplaned a CRJ-900 with stairs. There's always been a jetway, although some of the C gates at MSP use the wobbly little bridge thing with metal handrails that's more exposed to weather than mainline-style jetways.
Old Feb 10, 2015, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Stairs? I've never boarded or deplaned a CRJ-900 with stairs. ...
you never took a CR9 to/from JFK? sometimes they actually used a real gate (I can think of maybe twice in probably two dozen flights over the last 3-4 years), but the vast majority of the time they parked at the T2 corral so everybody boarded and deplaned using the integral stair at the 1L door
Old Feb 10, 2015, 10:40 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by jrl767
you never took a CR9 to/from JFK? sometimes they actually used a real gate (I can think of maybe twice in probably two dozen flights over the last 3-4 years), but the vast majority of the time they parked at the T2 corral so everybody boarded and deplaned using the integral stair at the 1L door
Rarely. My last JFK connection (the only time I've been there since the new T4 SC opened) used a jetway and I've sometimes had mainline service on the MSP-JFK and vv route. I avoid JFK TATL when possible because the BE segments are too short to enjoy a meal and still get enough sleep. I tend to route MSP or DTW through AMS/CDG or sometimes through ATL if there's a nonstop from there to my destination. JFK international fares can be competitive but not so when the segments to/from MSP are added.

For NYC trips, the only time I remember using JFK rather than LGA was when I did my GE interview there late on a Sunday afternoon.
Old Aug 27, 2016, 7:44 pm

Does Delta CRJ-200 and CRJ-700 have the same overhead bin space/measurements?

I have a carry on luggage 21x14x9 that fit at CRJ200 on my trip last year and wondering if it will fit the CRJ-700 too. I don't want to gate check because I have my dslr and PS3 console in it. My luggage would only be half full. Thanks!

Last edited by beckoa; Aug 27, 2016 at 9:30 pm Reason: merged posts
Old Aug 27, 2016, 9:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Welcome to Flyertalk newbie1987.

As this is about a DL aircraft, we'll move this to the DL forum.

~beckoa, co-moderator Information Desk
Old Aug 27, 2016, 10:29 pm

CRJ200 bins are smaller.
Old Aug 27, 2016, 10:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've never seen a CRJ-200 that will hold a standard 45 linear inch carry-on (which is what OP describes). Suspect he must have been on a different aircraft.
Old Aug 27, 2016, 11:04 pm

Programs: DL Charter DM/DM/2MM, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by Widgets
CRJ200 bins are smaller.
Correct! And I assume that the CRJ700s and CRJ900s share the same bins size?
Old Aug 28, 2016, 3:22 am

SkyWest flies 4 CR7 NG's which have the larger sized bins. Otherwise I'm not aware of another CR7 in the system that has decent sized bins.
Old Aug 28, 2016, 10:49 am

Carry on bags are not permitted to be brought into the cabin. Only personal items. For weight and balance purposes, they assume each passenger has an average passenger weight. On the CR2 it is a lower weight. Any carry on bags are accounted for separately and gate checked. On the CR7 and CR9 the average passenger weight is higher accounting for carry-on bags carried into the cabin.
Old Aug 28, 2016, 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by Wayside
Carry on bags are not permitted to be brought into the cabin. Only personal items. For weight and balance purposes, they assume each passenger has an average passenger weight. On the CR2 it is a lower weight. Any carry on bags are accounted for separately and gate checked. On the CR7 and CR9 the average passenger weight is higher accounting for carry-on bags carried into the cabin.
Originally Posted by LBJ
I've never seen a CRJ-200 that will hold a standard 45 linear inch carry-on (which is what OP describes). Suspect he must have been on a different aircraft.
Hi, Thanks for all the response. I appreciate it.
Sorry about the confusion. This is what was written in my Itinerary last year, Delta 3695 Operated by ENDEAVOR AIR DBA DELTA CONNECTION so I assume the plane was CRJ200. It was really a small plane. I was asked by the FA to gate check my luggage but I told her I have my camera gear inside and she let me. It fit in the overhead bin, just have to put it the right way.

I don't mind to gate check my carry on and take out my stuffs but I only have 1hr 15min layover in DWT and I have a connecting flight to NRT.

So does anybody knows the measurements of the overhead bin of CRJ700? Will a 45 linear inch luggage fit? Thanks!

Last edited by newbie1987; Aug 28, 2016 at 12:46 pm
Old Aug 28, 2016, 2:12 pm

Not necessarily. In fact, I think the bin type and size depends on the particular DL Connection carrier. For example, the tiny bins on the A side of a CRJ-900 seem to be glued shut on SkyWest, while they're a good place for coats and small items on other CRJ-900s.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.