Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Overhead bin space on regional jets (CRJ/CR2/CR7/CR9/E75) Consolidated Threads

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Overhead bin space on regional jets (CRJ/CR2/CR7/CR9/E75) Consolidated Threads

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2021, 11:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
IME the SkyWest CRJ-900s are the old battered ones with old and worn interiors. They haven't been redone since the bigger bins were introduced. They also tend to to have the tiny bins over the A seats glued closed.

I first saw the big bins on a PMNW RJ and I still remember the GA at MSP making a big deal about this (when they first appeared) and stressing that people shouldn't gate check (valet) their bags.

I'd expect the bigger bins to appear on aircraft from the old PMNW connection carriers, namely Endeavor and Mesaba.
Old Sep 28, 2021, 11:41 am

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
DL identifies OKC-ATL as Endeavor Air DBA Delta Connection so I'm out of luck after all?
Old Sep 28, 2021, 1:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Xeno
DL identifies OKC-ATL as Endeavor Air DBA Delta Connection so I'm out of luck after all?
Read my post: Endeavor is likely to be good.
Old Sep 29, 2021, 10:23 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Read my post: Endeavor is likely to be good.
well my Tumi does not fit. It got inside OB but could not close the door
Old Nov 19, 2023, 7:47 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, National EE, AS MVP Gold 75K, AC 75K
well my Tumi does not fit. It got inside OB but could not close the door
Did you have the continental or international carry-on? Looking to get myself a Tumi carry-on to replace my Away.
Old Nov 19, 2023, 7:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by GateGuardian
Did you have the continental or international carry-on? Looking to get myself a Tumi carry-on to replace my Away.
I’m not the poster you asked but I have both a continental and international Tumi. The international fits in the CRJ-900 bins that I’ve been on. The continental gets valet checked.
Old Nov 20, 2023, 4:59 am

I am on a trip, but have a photo up thread.
CRJ900’s have at least 3 different OH bin sizes and unfortunately unless you know that particular tail # you do not know if your bag will fit over 1 B/C until you board. I think one version of the CRJ900 has bins so large that my case even fit over 1A.
I never have problems in E-75 FC.
Old Nov 27, 2023, 8:18 am

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, National EE, AS MVP Gold 75K, AC 75K
Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
I’m not the poster you asked but I have both a continental and international Tumi. The international fits in the CRJ-900 bins that I’ve been on. The continental gets valet checked.
I am on a trip, but have a photo up thread.
CRJ900’s have at least 3 different OH bin sizes and unfortunately unless you know that particular tail # you do not know if your bag will fit over 1 B/C until you board. I think one version of the CRJ900 has bins so large that my case even fit over 1A.
I never have problems in E-75 FC.
Thanks. I currently have an AWAY that that thing fits into all the regional jets but looking to upgrade to the international one.
Old Nov 27, 2023, 8:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks. I currently have an AWAY that that thing fits into all the regional jets but looking to upgrade to the international one.
I'm scheduled to be on a CRJ-900 tomorrow and will be bringing my international Tumi as my carryon. I can report back and provide an additional data point. (I'll also be bringing my Continental Tumi on this trip but will be checking that one). I have had some GAs valet tag my International Tumi even if it might otherwise fit. I usually don't argue when they do.
Old Nov 28, 2023, 7:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sitting on a DL Connection CRJ-900 right now. My International Tumi fits in the overhead bin without an issue.
Old Nov 28, 2023, 7:53 am

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist
Flew on an old SkyWest CRJ-900 this weekend and the only things that could fit in the overhead bins were backpacks. The flight attendants were mad the gate agents did not pink tag any bags, but I don't blame them because literally anything with wheels had to be pink tagged. Definitely never had that happen on an Endeavor CRJ.
Old Dec 6, 2023, 6:16 am

Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
Sitting on a DL Connection CRJ-900 right now. My International Tumi fits in the overhead bin without an issue.
Ok. I just bought the Tumi international carry-on and I'm a bit worry. It's almost half an inch thicker than the AWAY. Will see how it goes on my next trip.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.