Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Vacations MQDs Not Posting Correctly

Delta Vacations MQDs Not Posting Correctly

Old May 20, 2021, 6:00 am
  #16  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: San Antonio
Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Posts: 26,653
Originally Posted by nrr
Yes, well thought out on Deltas part.
Nothing new for DL. Anytime applicants is updated they screw up the online posting.
flyerCO is offline  
Old May 23, 2021, 9:29 am
  #17  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Posts: 999
Thought I'd share another Delta Vacation package posting.

JFK-SLC-DFW-SLC-JFK booked into Comfort Plus for 100% earning rate.

WScottsdaleInsider is offline  
Old May 23, 2021, 4:19 pm
  #18  
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: jfk area
Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 10,291
Originally Posted by WScottsdaleInsider
Thought I'd share another Delta Vacation package posting.

JFK-SLC-DFW-SLC-JFK booked into Comfort Plus for 100% earning rate.

Since all your segments were C+ (100%), your MQD = MQM/5 as expected. I assume the price you paid to DL Vacations was considerably less than the MQDs earned.
I recollect reading somewhere on FT that you are doing MRs.
I have a JFK-LAS-JFK DL Vacation booked for Memorial Day weekend, NOT a MR, but I'm not using their hotels, hopefully my trip posts correctly.
nrr is offline  
Old May 23, 2021, 6:09 pm
  #19  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Posts: 999
Originally Posted by nrr
Since all your segments were C+ (100%), your MQD = MQM/5 as expected. I assume the price you paid to DL Vacations was considerably less than the MQDs earned.
I recollect reading somewhere on FT that you are doing MRs.
I have a JFK-LAS-JFK DL Vacation booked for Memorial Day weekend, NOT a MR, but I'm not using their hotels, hopefully my trip posts correctly.
Yes all posted correctly. I'm sure yours will as well for Memorial Day weekend.

MR through Delta vacations in Comfort Plus or First Class seems like a great way to earn MQDs
WScottsdaleInsider is offline  
Old Jun 1, 2021, 8:49 am
  #20  
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: jfk area
Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 10,291
I’m flying on a DL Vacation 5/28-6/1 itn. The “normal” MQM, MQD (“method D”) for the 5/28 flt posted when I arrived. NO accelerator listing nor the appropriate bonus are showing [i checked the APP and delta.com]. It is now 6/1/21 6:35 AM PDT = 9:35 AM EDT (Atlanta time)..
I’m taking a red-eye late this evening, perhaps for DL Vacations the accelerator doesn’t kick-in until the itn is completed.
Should I have to call Delta, do I call DL Skymiles or DL Vacations (they “own” my itn)?
nrr is offline  
Old Jun 1, 2021, 9:52 am
  #21  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Posts: 999
Originally Posted by nrr
Im flying on a DL Vacation 5/28-6/1 itn. The normal MQM, MQD (method D) for the 5/28 flt posted when I arrived. NO accelerator listing nor the appropriate bonus are showing [i checked the APP and delta.com]. It is now 6/1/21 6:35 AM PDT = 9:35 AM EDT (Atlanta time)..
Im taking a red-eye late this evening, perhaps for DL Vacations the accelerator doesnt kick-in until the itn is completed.
Should I have to call Delta, do I call DL Skymiles or DL Vacations (they own my itn)?
I would call DL SkyMiles number should you need to call. Hopefully it gets posted.

I've taken 3 DL vacation packages so far and all accelerator postings were there.

Did you check on the app as well, as sometimes the website shows different things
WScottsdaleInsider is offline  
Old Jun 1, 2021, 10:00 am
  #22  
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: jfk area
Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 10,291
Originally Posted by WScottsdaleInsider
I would call DL SkyMiles number should you need to call. Hopefully it gets posted.

I've taken 3 DL vacation packages so far and all accelerator postings were there.

Did you check on the app as well, as sometimes the website shows different things
i checked both the APP and delta.com. Did your ACCELERATOR posting appear after each days activity or at the end of the trip?
nrr is offline  
Old Jun 1, 2021, 10:50 am
  #23  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Posts: 999
Originally Posted by nrr
i checked both the APP and delta.com. Did your ACCELERATOR posting appear after each days activity or at the end of the trip?
Mine posted after each day's activity when the regular miles/MQMs posted
WScottsdaleInsider is offline  
Old Jun 1, 2021, 11:31 am
  #24  
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: MSP
Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
Posts: 2,300
I flew May 1-May 9 and didn't get the accelerator bonuses. I sent a message via the website in hopes they would get it fixed without me having to sit on hold and wait. It's a giant pile of MQMs and MQDs and will probably make the difference between me only managing silver this year versus requalifying for gold or better for the 9th straight year. It's a pretty great haul.
jrkmsp is offline  
Old Jun 1, 2021, 11:56 am
  #25  
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: jfk area
Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 10,291
Originally Posted by jrkmsp
I flew May 1-May 9 and didn't get the accelerator bonuses. I sent a message via the website in hopes they would get it fixed without me having to sit on hold and wait. It's a giant pile of MQMs and MQDs and will probably make the difference between me only managing silver this year versus requalifying for gold or better for the 9th straight year. It's a pretty great haul.
Did your message to DL result in getting the missing accelerator MQs?
Ill wait until after I complete my trip this evening before I contact DL.
nrr is offline  
Old Jun 1, 2021, 11:58 am
  #26  
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: MSP
Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
Posts: 2,300
Originally Posted by nrr
Did your message to DL result in getting the missing accelerator MQs?
Ill wait until after I complete my trip this evening before I contact DL.
Just sent it today, as it's only now June 1 and they said they would post "by May 31." So I figured I'd let them run out the clock. Assuming mine go through, I need to get my wife's credited as well, as this will give her silver status for the first time ever.
jrkmsp is offline  
Old Jun 2, 2021, 9:17 am
  #27  
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: jfk area
Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 10,291
I called DL on the DM line*, the agent I spoke with contacted her "help desk", there is a known issue with DL Vacation Accelerator bonuses posting, they are working to fix the issue. I guess it is not a problem for everyone--since there are posts in this thread showing accelerator MQs which did post.
*I was quoted 18 min, got the CB in 10.--I'm breaking out the Dom P to celebrate.
nrr is offline  
Old Jun 8, 2021, 10:08 am
  #28  
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: jfk area
Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 10,291
I have a DL Vacation pkg. flt coming up this weekend, if the ACCELERATOR doesn't post (correctly), that will leave me with 2 errant itns. As I noted (#27) they know about the issue, but as a "backup" I'd like to have my request in "written" form; I was trying to use the "mileage-missing" option on www.delta.com but I don't think that is the correct route--what is the best way?
nrr is offline  
Old Jun 8, 2021, 10:46 pm
  #29  
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: MSP
Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
Posts: 2,300
Originally Posted by jrkmsp
Just sent it today, as it's only now June 1 and they said they would post "by May 31." So I figured I'd let them run out the clock. Assuming mine go through, I need to get my wife's credited as well, as this will give her silver status for the first time ever.
Just want to close the loop and say that my flights finally were corrected today. Turned out really well for me I'm thrilled.
jrkmsp is offline  
Old Jun 9, 2021, 12:20 am
  #30  
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: jfk area
Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 10,291
Follow-up, for my DL Vacation itn 5/28-6/1 the ACCELERATOR correctly posted on 6/8. Hopefully DL has sorted out their issues with DL Vacations and the ACCELERATOR and my future trips will all post properly--without having to call DL.
nrr is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.