Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Air Lines Employee Vaccinations/General Vaccine Discussions (Closed)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Air Lines Employee Vaccinations/General Vaccine Discussions (Closed)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2022, 11:32 am
Suspended
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Question Delta Hiring Fully Vaxxed Flight Attendants Again...New Routes?

Delta just re-opened their hiring portal for Flight Attendant applications after closing them back in August due to receiving 35K applications in a week!
https://delta.avature.net/careers/Jo...t-Non-LOD/9238

With the ramped up hiring, should we expect new routes this summer?
Old Jan 18, 2022, 12:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
Putting "fully vaxxed" in the thread title is bizarre.
pgh234, tkey75, demkr and 9 others like this.
Old Jan 18, 2022, 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
I'd suspect they're more likely to resume services that have been suspended for all or part of the past year than to explore too many new markets
Old Jan 18, 2022, 5:18 pm
bpe

Programs: AS, UA
If it were just about opening new routes, wouldn't they need new pilots and airplanes to do so as well?

It's probably just replacing the flight attendants who retired or got laid off in 2020, unless someone has numbers to show otherwise.
Old Jan 20, 2022, 3:37 pm
Suspended

Do you not live in the USA? Calling a requirement in order to be employed isnt bizzare. You gotta get used to the new normal.
Originally Posted by DLASflyer
Putting "fully vaxxed" in the thread title is bizarre.

which routes do you think will restart?
Originally Posted by jrl767
I'd suspect they're more likely to resume services that have been suspended for all or part of the past year than to explore too many new markets
Old Jan 20, 2022, 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by bpe
If it were just about opening new routes, wouldn't they need new pilots and airplanes to do so as well?

It's probably just replacing the flight attendants who retired or got laid off in 2020, unless someone has numbers to show otherwise.
Spot on. A shortage of FA's is not the problem, its pilots. Last week (I think) DL said that their schedule would be impacted by a shortage of pilots for smaller a/c. There will not be a significant number of new or resumed routes until the shortage of pilots is resolved and the SLC hub construction is more complete. I certainly wish this were not the case - it costs me an extra 90 minutes in the car each way to reach my most frequent destination thanks to a suspended route, and adding a new route would save another hour in the car.
Old Jan 20, 2022, 6:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
Originally Posted by Gertjaars
Do you not live in the USA? Calling a requirement in order to be employed isnt bizzare. You gotta get used to the new normal.
Fluent in English and GED or better are also requirements to be a DL FA. Why did you not list those in your thread title? Because maybe it's bizarre?
wassenju likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2022, 9:37 pm
Suspended

Its 2022 and you got triggered this easily by the word "vaccinated" in a thread title? 🤣

I'm looking forward to more vaccinated FAs on my Delta flights and more DL routes restarting due to the increased number of vaccinated FAs.

you're pretty soft if thats bizarre to you.🤪
Originally Posted by tkey75
Fluent in English and GED or better are also requirements to be a DL FA. Why did you not list those in your thread title? Because maybe it's bizarre?
WillBarrett_68 likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2022, 10:02 pm
bpe

Programs: AS, UA
Originally Posted by Gertjaars
Its 2022 and you got triggered this easily by the word "vaccinated" in a thread title? 🤣

I'm looking forward to more vaccinated FAs on my Delta flights and more DL routes restarting due to the increased number of vaccinated FAs.

you're pretty soft if thats bizarre to you.🤪
No, it is a bit bizarre to bring it up (and nobody is getting triggered) since this was a policy announced by Delta last May (Reuters) and widely known by anyone in the industry.

It would be notable and worth including in the title if it were a brand new or particularly surprising policy.
Old Jan 20, 2022, 10:42 pm

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
FUN FACT: Watching threads go sideways is what the Internet was originally created for.

As to OP -- there is no "New Normal." Fake news. Think for yourself. It's OK to have an original thought, regardless what your media and government overlords tell you.
tkey75, Silver Fox, cmd320 and 2 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.