FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Delta tops airline satisfaction survey during pandemic (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/2039989-delta-tops-airline-satisfaction-survey-during-pandemic.html)

Pianoman109876 May 12, 2021 4:34 am

Delta tops airline satisfaction survey during pandemic

Well crap… this won’t motivate Delta to bring things back any faster if people are “satisfied” with how things were in the past year.

https://thepointsguy.com/news/airlin...2021-jd-power/

demkr May 12, 2021 4:57 am

Are the snack boxes going to our brains? lol

dw May 12, 2021 5:15 am

I have to wonder how much of that was due to seat blocking. Surely it couldn’t have been from (i) timely voluntary refunds for cancelled flights (before DL reversed course) (ii) inflight service or (iii) adequate call center staffing

cmd320 May 12, 2021 6:13 am

Originally Posted by dw (Post 33245324)
I have to wonder how much of that was due to seat blocking.

I’m going to go with 100%.

DenverBrian May 12, 2021 6:23 am

Seat blocking created a poor man's first class, and DL's restricted food/bev in coach was still orders of magnitude better than AA's "you get nothing" policy in coach (which continues to this day). That creates an easy win for DL.

rylan May 12, 2021 6:42 am

Almost certain that the vast majority of the positive feedback is due to the seat blocking.

Now that its over and DL is packing planes to the gills again and has obscene wait times for the call center, I'd be interested to see what the survey results are over the summer.

ClipperDelta May 12, 2021 7:01 am

Delta came out #1 in four of the seven categories, so not entirely due to seat blocking:
- Flight crew - this is the area where apparently DL was way ahead of competitors - by 11 points over the next closest
- Aircraft - believe this is the category where seat blocking came into play.
- Inflight service
- Baggage claim

Powered by its people, Delta earns J.D. Power No. 1 airline ranking | Delta News Hub

Because of this, DL is apparently offering two positive space passes per employee.

rylan May 12, 2021 7:27 am

Originally Posted by ClipperDelta (Post 33245476)
Because of this, DL is apparently offering two positive space passes per employee.

If that is true, isn't NRSP a pretty significant flight benefit since it essentially guarantees them to get on a flight with a confirmed seat and not having to play the standby lottery?

ethernal May 12, 2021 8:30 am

Shocking that the overall public experience doesn't match the small vocal minority of posters on this forum. Whudda-thunk-it? :D

Delta has had issues for sure - I'm looking at you holiday meltdowns - but overall they have done well during the pandemic for an average passenger. The fact that the biggest gripe about Delta is about their catering options is indicative of this.

flyerCO May 12, 2021 8:43 am

Originally Posted by ClipperDelta (Post 33245476)
Delta came out #1 in four of the seven categories, so not entirely due to seat blocking:
- Flight crew - this is the area where apparently DL was way ahead of competitors - by 11 points over the next closest
- Aircraft - believe this is the category where seat blocking came into play.
- Inflight service
- Baggage claim