Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta tops airline satisfaction survey during pandemic

Delta tops airline satisfaction survey during pandemic

Old May 12, 2021, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by CalebMCO
Of course, because they are the vast majority of passengers.
Yes, obviously. I’m talking more about the proportion of that to J/F pax and/or those with status, relatively to what it would normally be.
Old May 12, 2021, 10:35 am

Programs: Skymiles Gold
Originally Posted by cmd320
Yes, obviously. I’m talking more about the proportion of that to J/F pax and/or those with status, relatively to what it would normally be.
Basically were they over/under sampled?
Old May 12, 2021, 11:45 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Delta's internal surveys seem to be continuing at the same rate as before the pandemic. First trip back and I got the same one for VPS-ATL/ATL-VPS that I get at least 50% of the time whether I've got status in a year or not.
Old May 12, 2021, 11:51 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Hilton Honors, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Even if they got representative samples of J/F, they wouldn't get many who were normally flying premium cabin previously. Without business travel and with the cheap buy-ups through FCM, the modal J/F pax in the past year likely had never flown that class before before 2020.
Old May 12, 2021, 12:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
Originally Posted by cmd320
Also interesting would be the breakdown by class of service. I would guess there would be an abnormally high proportion of folks that fall into the no-status, Y class category.
If you want a breakdown that closely mirrors your own perceptions and opinions about various airlines and services, you already have that survey. It's called your mind.
DiverDave, Monoboy and hhdl like this.
Old May 12, 2021, 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by ClipperDelta
Delta came out #1 in four of the seven categories, so not entirely due to seat blocking:
- Flight crew - this is the area where apparently DL was way ahead of competitors - by 11 points over the next closest
- Aircraft - believe this is the category where seat blocking came into play.
- Inflight service
- Baggage claim

Powered by its people, Delta earns J.D. Power No. 1 airline ranking | Delta News Hub

Because of this, DL is apparently offering two positive space passes per employee.
Wow...finally beat....I think it was Alaska for #1. Congrats Delta
DiverDave likes this.
Old May 12, 2021, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by DenverBrian
If you want a breakdown that closely mirrors your own perceptions and opinions about various airlines and services, you already have that survey. It's called your mind.
I’m pretty sure that isn’t what I said at all…
Old May 12, 2021, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by ClipperDelta
- Inflight service

Also, JDPower
Old May 12, 2021, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by ethernal
Shocking that the overall public experience doesn't match the small vocal minority of posters on this forum. Whudda-thunk-it?
This place isn't as bad as the Delta Diamond forum on Facebook but it is still pretty bad and it has always been this way. For those questioning the methodology, one would thing the methodology would be the same for all of the airlines. If it hadn't been for the adjacent seat policy back last summer, I would have probably had to quit or get fired for not doing my job. Way too many here whine about Delta every step of the way but yet they do generally great on surveys. And walk right on over to the over airlines forum here and see what complaints they have....they have plenty of them.
DenverBrian likes this.
Old May 12, 2021, 8:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
This is highly suspect. AS, UA, and AA all provided much more service. Delta wouldn't even serve you a can of soda in first class. Much less a mixed drink. Pay for play for sure.
BigFishDave likes this.
Old May 12, 2021, 8:44 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
This is highly suspect. AS, UA, and AA all provided much more service. Delta wouldn't even serve you a can of soda in first class. Much less a mixed drink. Pay for play for sure.

"How dare anyone have a different priorities than me during a pandemic. There's no way that could ever happen. Therefore, it must be pay to play."

I'm not saying JD Power is an amazing award organization, but the amount of cognitive dissonance on display around here is incredible sometimes.
Old May 12, 2021, 8:59 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by ethernal
"How dare anyone have a different priorities than me during a pandemic. There's no way that could ever happen. Therefore, it must be pay to play."

I'm not saying JD Power is an amazing award organization, but the amount of cognitive dissonance on display around here is incredible sometimes.
I'm just not sure how you can appropriately judge service when there isn't any. And the JD Power judgement period ran from September-March. Notice that Delta dropped their seat blocking policy right after it ended...

If the seat blocking was the only thing that carried Delta over the finish line then this will be their one and only JD Power win.
BigFishDave likes this.
Old May 12, 2021, 10:11 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
For short haul steerage, there really isn't a huge difference between the baggie with water bottle and snacks they've been passing out during the plague and the half a can of soda and a fun-sized Biscotti packet during normal times. Heck, the goldfish crackers and mini Clif bar might count as more food than the Biscotti.
Old May 12, 2021, 10:56 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
I was actually surprised how pleasant flying was during the pandemic, the mask requirement notwithstanding. Part of it was the ease of clearing security and the relatively empty airports/ There were enough SkyClubs open to make my trips enjoyable. There were no mechanicals on my flights, and whenever I checked a bag it always arrived on the belt shortly after I got to baggage claim. Seating was always comfortable whether in F, C+ or Y; there was always space in the overhead bins, and I did not run into any passenger rage incidents.
BigFishDave likes this.
Old May 12, 2021, 11:06 pm

Programs: DL DM 3MM 360
Sounds like delta paid off jd just Etihad or Qatar always paid off the skytrax awards.
BigFishDave likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.