Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Talky FAs (excessive in-flight announcements)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2021, 5:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Charter DM/3.4 MM, DLAmex Plat, PC Plat, MR Gold, HH Diamond, National Exec Elite, Hertz Gold 5*

Anybody else wish that Delta would cut out all the marketing announcements on flights. Man, I've had some lately that go on and on to tell us how important we are, become a Medallion, the Delta Care Standard, etc. I get the safety stuff, but the needless chat cuts into my live TV shows. Rant over.
hockeystl likes this.
Old May 6, 2021, 8:17 am

Location: Huntsville AL, previously Kwajalein - Republic of the Marshall Islands
Programs: CO Plat, DL Plat
And HOW many times are they going to tell us how & when to wear those STUPID masks! Put them back in place in between sips or bites? GET REAL....
GagaPilot, hockeystl, ND76 and 1 others like this.
Old May 6, 2021, 8:40 am

Programs: DA Diamond(1 MM), Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador/Charter Ambassador, Hyatt Glob, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by TurfGuy
Anybody else wish that Delta would cut out all the marketing announcements on flights. Man, I've had some lately that go on and on to tell us how important we are, become a Medallion, the Delta Care Standard, etc. I get the safety stuff, but the needless chat cuts into my live TV shows. Rant over.
This is SO minor BUT I 100% AGREE! I had a flight last week out of LAX where the FA talked after take off as we crossed the the coast until we were basically at cruise level and the seat belt sign went off. It seemed like it went on for hours. The guy next to me and i just started chuckling. Again, this is a minor complaint, but it is very noticable.
Old May 6, 2021, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
I think part of why no one actually pays any attention to the announcements FAs make is for this exact reason. Any important information is buried in a constant drivel of useless information and thus people have long since tuned out when the important stuff comes up.
m907 likes this.
Old May 6, 2021, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by cmd320
I think part of why no one actually pays any attention to the announcements FAs make is for this exact reason. Any important information is buried in a constant drivel of useless information and thus people have long since tuned out when the important stuff comes up.
this has been going on for a **very long** time ... and only made more noticeable because more and more people are engaged on their own small screens — that aren’t part of the onboard IFE, and thus don’t get an automatic pause with a “PA Announcement In Progress” message
Bradhattan likes this.
Old May 6, 2021, 10:42 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
It's not just the FAs. How many times do we need to be welcomed aboard and told to sit back and relax? Does anyone really care about the wind speed and direction at the destination?
gotmilk8 and hockeystl like this.
Old May 6, 2021, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Boy, and I was expecting this thread to be an observation/complaint about FAs hiding in the galley and talking with each other for the whole flight.
Old May 6, 2021, 11:11 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by rylan
Boy, and I was expecting this thread to be an observation/complaint about FAs hiding in the galley and talking with each other for the whole flight.
That's what I was expecting as well.
Old May 6, 2021, 11:53 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
FAs chatting loudly with each other is not great.
Old May 6, 2021, 4:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by rylan
Same here. Or, loudest volume on a redeye flight pushing credit card offers (less so on Delta but more on American and United).
Old May 6, 2021, 10:41 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by DLASflyer
It's not just the FAs. How many times do we need to be welcomed aboard and told to sit back and relax? Does anyone really care about the wind speed and direction at the destination?
I have often pondered why the captain cares to tell us all visibility. Maybe it gives us all confidence that he or she knows what they are doing!

In good news, I haven't heard them try to sell me a credit card in the cruising-altitude schpeel lately.
Old May 6, 2021, 11:34 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by TurfGuy
Yes I do. But I have to add, If you think Delta is obnoxious, steer clear of American! I had an AA outbound, FL return flight a few weeks ago, and DL is way less intrusive in my opinion. AA has multiple Barclay's/Citi commercials broadcast over the PA. One is a literal advertisement on the screens, and the other is usually a 2-4 minute long sales pitch by a flight attendant, complete with lies about how you can redeem the miles.
Old May 7, 2021, 8:55 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Bonvoy Gold, National EC
Originally Posted by tardyturtle
I have often pondered why the captain cares to tell us all visibility. Maybe it gives us all confidence that he or she knows what they are doing!

In good news, I haven't heard them try to sell me a credit card in the cruising-altitude schpeel lately.
Maybe I'm a bit of contrarian, but I kind of like it when the captain comes on and tells us random pieces of information that I immediately forget (altitude, visibility, temperature at destination). That said, if the captain comes on more than for their standard messages ("We've reached cruising altitude" and "We're beginning our descent"), it better be for a good reason (e.g., turbulence).
TEBraniff and gotmilk8 like this.
Old May 7, 2021, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Jon of Brooklyn
Maybe I'm a bit of contrarian, but I kind of like it when the captain comes on and tells us random pieces of information that I immediately forget (altitude, visibility, temperature at destination). That said, if the captain comes on more than for their standard messages ("We've reached cruising altitude" and "We're beginning our descent"), it better be for a good reason (e.g., turbulence).
Yeah, I don't normally mind pilot announcements as they typically have something useful or interesting to say. For the FAs it's usually just canned nonsense that the company makes them say.
resolute and gotmilk8 like this.
Old May 7, 2021, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by Buster CT1K
FAs chatting loudly with each other is not great.
what?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.