Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

cancelling delta reserve due to extensive hold times.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2021, 3:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT 3MM, DL PM 2MM

3+ hours yesterday call back

9+ hours today

I'm done with Delta
KDCAflyer and unitedbusiness like this.
Old May 3, 2021, 4:26 pm

Programs: DL GM, HH Diamond
I downgraded from Reserve to Platinum. I am glad you also no longer have the Reserve hopefully enough of us do that so the upgrade tiebreaker doesn't really make a difference. In the before times I noticed it helped but like you I could not justify the cost of the Reserve card.
Old May 3, 2021, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Make sure you tell them that when you call Amex, although the credit card company probably doesn't care at all about Delta's hold times.

Should tell them part of the reason is that the companion cert is no longer bookable on domestic D1 flights.
Old May 3, 2021, 6:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT 3MM, DL PM 2MM
oh i did and much more including protect the AMEX brand which Delta really has trashed.....
Old May 3, 2021, 7:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
My only Delta card at this point is the free version. I kept it for the Pay With Miles feature. The Reserve card got shredded last year and I haven't looked back since. The Amex Platinum makes a lot more sense for the occasions that I'm forced to fly Delta.
Old May 3, 2021, 10:51 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
I canceled all three of my Delta cards months ago. I'm not paying them to shove their politics down my throat as they repeatedly provide me crap service. Never have understood the Delta cult sycophants on here.
KDCAflyer and cmd320 like this.
Old May 4, 2021, 7:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Good. If the Reserve or DL's service doesn't meet your needs, you absolutely should go somewhere that serves you better.

Never have understood the ppl on here who are constantly upset with DL yet still seem to keep the branded CCs and fly them all the time.
WillBarrett_68 likes this.
Old May 4, 2021, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
I've honestly never really understood the point of the Delta Reserve card over the standard Amex Plat. They share the same AF but rather than having a variety of airlines to use your MR points with (including Delta at a 1:1 ratio), you lock yourself into being stuck earning only useless SkyPesos.

I guess if you really need the 15k additional MQMs it might be a useful way of getting them, but otherwise it just seems like a subpar product.
Old May 4, 2021, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by cmd320
I've honestly never really understood the point of the Delta Reserve card over the standard Amex Plat. They share the same AF but rather than having a variety of airlines to use your MR points with (including Delta at a 1:1 ratio), you lock yourself into being stuck earning only useless SkyPesos.

I guess if you really need the 15k additional MQMs it might be a useful way of getting them, but otherwise it just seems like a subpar product.
I have gotten my entire AF back each year with the companion certificate alone. The additional MQMs, upgrade tiebreaker, and SkyClub guest passes are all gravy and things that the vanilla Plat does not offer.
El Boocho likes this.
Old May 4, 2021, 10:56 am

having a card doesn't require you to put all your spend on that card. You're not "locked into" earning only skypesos.
Old May 4, 2021, 11:17 am

Originally Posted by LoungeLizardHugo
I canceled all three of my Delta cards months ago. I'm not paying them to shove their politics down my throat as they repeatedly provide me crap service. Never have understood the Delta cult sycophants on here.

And I have never understood the people who aren’t flying Delta because they are unhappy with the airline but have to come out here and make sure we know about it. LOL.
Old May 4, 2021, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by WillBarrett_68
having a card doesn't require you to put all your spend on that card. You're not "locked into" earning only skypesos.
Sure, however when you’re going to spend $550/year on the AF, there needs to be something of greater value there, and I just don’t see it really. There are better products at similar or lower prices.
Old May 4, 2021, 11:49 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Titanium, AA PLT for Life

You can get 60K MQMs per year on that card.

You can qualify for Diamond without spending $15,000 on flights.

You get a companion ticket every year.

It's an upgrade tiebreaker.

Otherwise, the card is useless.
gooselee and hi55us like this.
Old May 4, 2021, 2:11 pm

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
Originally Posted by rogo

Insert "Sky Club Access" and I would agree.
gooselee likes this.
Old May 4, 2021, 2:18 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by rogo

If they up to annual fee to $700 like the AMEX plat supposedly is going up to, I don’t think it’s worth it at that price point unless they add some great new benefit to it (like giving everyone 1 free additional user card). I already pay an additional $175 for an additional authorized user card so possibly needing to pay $875 total a year for the Reserve card is a hefty price to ask for.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.