Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta One Intercont A330-200 for Family of Four

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2021, 2:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Skymiles Diamond

Long-time lurker, first-time poster here...

Flying Delta One round-trip SLC to AMS on a A330-200 (reverse herringbone product without the suite door/partition) with family of four (my wife and I, 2 year old and 4 year old) this summer, and want to ensure we choose the seats that work the best for us. From what I've been reading on FT, folks are split between to seat everyone across (A,C,G,J) vs two and two in front and behind each other (parent/child in middle seats C and G in separate rows).

Anyone have practical thoughts on pros and cons of each configuration?

My current thought is do the two middles (C/G) for the overnight (U.S. to EU) so that my wife and I can tend to one child each, and be closer to them during (fingers crossed) the time they sleep (:-o) and then a row across for the return (day time travel) with my wife and I in the window (A and J) and the kids in between in the middle (C and G).
Old May 3, 2021, 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by jexx45
Long-time lurker, first-time poster here...

Flying Delta One round-trip SLC to AMS on a A330-200 (reverse herringbone product without the suite door/partition) with family of four (my wife and I, 2 year old and 4 year old) this summer, and want to ensure we choose the seats that work the best for us. From what I've been reading on FT, folks are split between to seat everyone across (A,C,G,J) vs two and two in front and behind each other (parent/child in middle seats C and G in separate rows).

Anyone have practical thoughts on pros and cons of each configuration?

My current thought is do the two middles (C/G) for the overnight (U.S. to EU) so that my wife and I can tend to one child each, and be closer to them during (fingers crossed) the time they sleep (:-o) and then a row across for the return (day time travel) with my wife and I in the window (A and J) and the kids in between in the middle (C and G).
My kids are a bit older, but not yet teens and for us 4 grouped like 2 G/J and 3 G/J works well because we can all access each other. Kids in the window so no one is next to them. Also 4 in the middle section together works ok on the a330-200, but with a 2 y.o., depending on the kid it might be more difficult since you have a barrier between kid and parent in the same row. I don't prefer 4 across with little ones because that means at best there is one kid that will only really have 1 parent close by as the other will need to walk around to get to the seat. International air travel with toddlers is a team sport, especially if you want to get any sleep.

Oh, and welcome to posting on FT.
jexx45 likes this.

Last edited by El Boocho; May 3, 2021 at 9:26 pm Reason: Welcome!
Old May 3, 2021, 2:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
If you take two rows in the middle, put a parent behind one kid and the other parent in front of the other kid. Then each child can be accessed by a parent easily, without circling around the cabin to the other aisle. If you have a seatback kicker of video screen stabber, it's courteous to put a parent in front of that child.
Old May 3, 2021, 8:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Skymiles Diamond
Great advice @El Boocho and @MSPeconomist. Much appreciated. Sounds like two rows in middle C and G seats is the way to go!
Old May 3, 2021, 8:31 pm

Programs: Former DL DM and UA 1k, now a J class free agent (UA Gold, AS MVP Gold)
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
If you take two rows in the middle, put a parent behind one kid and the other parent in front of the other kid. Then each child can be accessed by a parent easily, without circling around the cabin to the other aisle. If you have a seatback kicker of video screen stabber, it's courteous to put a parent in front of that child.
100% agree. Have done it this way many times. Result is each kid has a parents next to them and each kid has a parent on the same aisle as them.
tardyturtle and jexx45 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.