Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

JFK-ZRH Summer of 2021 Consolidated Questions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JFK-ZRH Summer of 2021 Consolidated Questions

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2021, 7:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
I wouldn't lose too much sleep over being "downgraded" to Y on the inter-Europe flight. In most cases being downgraded to Y is for the better because as PM/DM you can select the exit row seats which have more legroom than "F" on inter-Europe flights
AviationFreak likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2021, 7:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by AntonS
I never had GUC applied for connecting KLM flight, but maybe because I never asked? I thought you need a separate GUC for KLM connection.
No. One GUC covers all flights as long as under 24hr connection.
Old Jul 6, 2021, 8:40 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by flyerCO
No. One GUC covers all flights as long as under 24hr connection.
As I noted in my OP after DL cancelled my n/s JFK-ZRH-JFK (I was booked in D1 via a GUC upgrade from PS to D1), DL rebooked me on a (presumable) OK connection via AMS.
Since all connections are within 24 hrs, why is there now an issue? Should I call DL DM line again or leave it to DL Vacations to sort things out?
PS: My AMS-ZRH flt still has me on KLM in BC.
Old Jul 6, 2021, 8:49 am

Programs: Hhonors Gold, DL PM
Originally Posted by Duke787
I wouldn't lose too much sleep over being "downgraded" to Y on the inter-Europe flight. In most cases being downgraded to Y is for the better because as PM/DM you can select the exit row seats which have more legroom than "F" on inter-Europe flights
Especially if you’re on a regional jet, where they don’t even block the seat next to you. . .

I once spoke with a DL agent to book a rebook a flight after a schedule change. She noticed the AF hop flight and said “don’t be fooled, it’s really just coach.”
Old Jul 6, 2021, 8:54 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AviationFreak
Especially if you’re on a regional jet, where they don’t even block the seat next to you. . .

I once spoke with a DL agent to book a rebook a flight after a schedule change. She noticed the AF hop flight and said “don’t be fooled, it’s really just coach.”
I’m NOT concerned about flying in Y (vs BC) on the short “hop” between AMS and ZRH, BUT I am concerned that the segment from ZRH to AMS is NO LONGER listed in my itn.
Old Jul 6, 2021, 8:56 am

Programs: Hhonors Gold, DL PM
Originally Posted by nrr
I’m NOT concerned about flying in Y (vs BC) on the short “hop” between AMS and ZRH, BUT I am concerned that the segment from ZRH to AMS is NO LONGER listed in my itn.
Yeah, that’s a problem! Time for a fun phone call. . .
Duke787 likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2021, 10:36 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I went to KLM’s website and entered my DL locator (and my last name), my entire itn is showing including both legs between zrh and ams—I’m still seated in 2A (business class). There is a note that the zrh-ams flt has a schedule “change”—it is now arriving at 8:35 instead of 8:40, could this be why zrh-ams is no longer listed on the DL App?
Old Jul 7, 2021, 12:32 pm

One of the advantages of J class for intra-Europe is lounge access. I don't think arrival in international J in AMS will give any lounge access.
Old Jul 7, 2021, 12:39 pm

Programs: DL SPlat, KLM Bump, Privium Plus, GOES
Lounge access shouldn't be an issue for the OP as (s)he is a DM = ST E+
Duke787 likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2021, 4:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by vinnmann
One of the advantages of J class for intra-Europe is lounge access. I don't think arrival in international J in AMS will give any lounge access.
It will if connecting onward.
Old Jul 7, 2021, 4:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Has OP checked that the ticket has been reissued correctly and is consistent with the current itinerary?

There's a chance that EC261 downgrade compensation could result in a small amount of money since KLM is an EU carrier and the return departs from a country that generally follows EC261 (even though EC court decisions aren't binding on Switzerland).
Old Jul 7, 2021, 5:51 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyerCO
It will if connecting onward.
My listed connections are too short for lounge access.
Old Jul 7, 2021, 6:18 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Has OP checked that the ticket has been reissued correctly and is consistent with the current itinerary?

There's a chance that EC261 downgrade compensation could result in a small amount of money since KLM is an EU carrier and the return departs from a country that generally follows EC261 (even though EC court decisions aren't binding on Switzerland).
As I noted upthread DL doesn’t want to deal with my itn, they claim DL Vacations ”owns” it. I did get through to DL Vacations this morning and they see my itn: jfk-ams-zrh and zrh-ams-jfk, but their “ticket change” department has to “work” on it, I will try to get in touch with that department.
I may be wrong, but the 5 minute schedule change for zrh-ams may be the reason DL no longer can “see” that segment.
A lot of this makes NO sense to me, with no input on my part, DL (after cancelling my n/s in D1 jfk-zrh-jfk itn) booked me in D1 jfk-ams and BC (KLM) ams-zrh and “ditto” for the return, yet ams-zrh is still OK while zrh-ams isn’t.
But on KLM’s website my itn (that DL booked) is still intact.
PS: Even if I got “downgraded” i don’t think the $ amount and the red tape involved to invoke EC261 would be worth the effort.

Last edited by nrr; Jul 7, 2021 at 7:35 pm
Old Jul 13, 2021, 10:56 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I got through to DL Vacations ticket (change) department. They claim that the ZRH to AMS (dep. ZRH 7:00 am) flt on 8/24 is no longer operating and they will have to rebook ZRH-AMS-JFK since any new booking won't connect with my original AMS-JFK [they also have to keep my GUC intact].
Several data points: (1)On www.delta.com, when I do a "dummy" booking, between JFK and ZRH (8/17-8/24) my original flights are still listed (and bookable) including the ZRH-AMS 7:00 am flt on 8/24,
(2)When I go to KLM's website and enter either the DL or KLM locators my entire ORIGINAL itn (with seat assignments) is still listed including the ZRH-AMS 7:00 am on 8/24.
When I noted (1) and (2) to the DL Vacation ticketing agent: "our database is the most updated...".
My issue with the ZRH-AMS being no longer part of my booking began a week ago, I would assume that if ZRH-AMS were really cancelled it wouldn't still be listed a week later.
Old Jul 15, 2021, 9:05 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Follow-up:
I got a call from DL Vacations, they were going to book me on an itn later in the day (all KLM) but GUC was unavailable, SO they will book me on the 7:00 am ZRH to AMS connecting to DL 47 AMS-JFK, BUT I'm already booked on those flights, when I noted this to the agent she had NO explanation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.