Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Does Delta issue the covid 'safe travels' wristbands (HI)?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 2, 2022, 7:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
The Hawaii "Safe Travels" program ends on March 25, 2022. For more information, please see: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hawaii/2044877-state-hawaii-safe-travels-program-ends-march-25-2022-a.html
Print Wikipost

Does Delta issue the covid 'safe travels' wristbands (HI)?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2021, 9:57 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by flyinhwn
No wristbands on 12/9 too. What is going on with Delta?
Not just DL. I’m hearing reports UA (which was one of the first to start) is beginning to slack on handing out HI wristbands.
Old Dec 12, 2021, 6:38 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
Originally Posted by Rscotts1
Any updates on obtaining wristband/QR code at the Delta gate at LAX prior to departing for Hawaii?
It was available late Nov when I went through. Be early though. They are slow and stop around when boarding starts and many disappointed people failed to get wristbands.

I got mine in the main Skyclub, nice and easy, no wait. But you need to be admissible of course to get in.
Old Dec 14, 2021, 11:46 am

Programs: DON
Update to my question regarding Delta offering wristbands.........departed San Antonio 12 Dec 2021 flight DL855 with an hour layover at LAX for next flight to Honolulu DL480.. Lady at the San Antonio ticket counter stated that agents would be boarding the plane and verifying QR codes prior to DL480 departing to Honolulu. That never happened. We arrive at LAX and had 55 min to board our next flight. There was a long line of approx 50 people at the gate receiving wristbands prior to boarding. Agents cut the line off at 10 to 12 people. We did not receive a wristband but after arriving in Honolulu around 11:30, we proceeded to the QR verification stations. Spent maybe 10 min processing through, was a smooth process given no other flights were arriving at the same time.
ryandc99 likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2022, 8:36 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Quick update here:

A flight at LAX 3 weeks ago - no issues getting the wrist band in the skyclub. The line in the skyclub for wrist bands never seemed long but always busy. Down at the gate it seemed quite long and they didn't get thru everyone. We ended up have a mechanical and having to deboard so they reopened the line, and sadly once again still not long enough for everyone (2+more hours).

A flight ATL-HNL 2 weeks ago was a bit more interesting, the gate agent at 2 hours before departure angrily told me when I asked about wrist bands that they would not be issuing them today due to "staffing issues." I then went to the F skyclub where the agent proactively advised that he would be announcing at 1:30 before departure where to go for wrist bands. I let him know my confusion given the gate agent giving out incorrect info, and he told me he had spoken to a supervious. Anyhow, at 1:30 before departure, wrist band distribution started at gate F6, while the flight was going out of F8. Very fast and efficient. I would suggest to anyone flying out of ATL, don't trust what the gate agents claim and ask around if needed.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 11:58 am

Programs: DL Plat, AS MVPG, Bonvoy Plat/LT Gold, HH Diamond
Just to add a current data point from SEA: documents are checked and wristbands distributed at the service desk between gates A2 and A3 (right as you exit Checkpoint 2). Yesterday there were several agents there so it was quick. DL also has quite a few signs near its check-in kiosks and counters advising of the location.
Old Jan 14, 2022, 7:30 am

to confirm if you're connecting you'll do this before the flight to HNL and not at the origin? Flying on Sunday and have my green QR code. Thanks!
Old Jan 17, 2022, 4:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Flying LAX-OGG later this week.

I'd really like to finally get a wristband.

Sounds like the best odds are up at the SkyClub? I'll just build in extra time to try that, I suppose. The flight itself will likely be out of TBIT, so I'll need to either walk down (outside security) or take the bus.
Old Jan 18, 2022, 8:46 am

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by azdmelani
to confirm if you're connecting you'll do this before the flight to HNL and not at the origin? Flying on Sunday and have my green QR code. Thanks!
You need to get the wrist band on the last flight from the mainland to Hawaii.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 11:20 am

Has anyone had luck at getting Hawaii wristbands in SLC lately? What about the SLC skyclub?
Old Jan 27, 2022, 8:05 am

Has anyone flown ATL-HNL lately? Is Delta still giving wristbands at the gate? Are they available in the sky club?
Old Jan 27, 2022, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Also wondering about MSP.

A little OT but you no longer need a negative test or to have a safe hawaii code if you are fully vaxed correct?
Old Jan 27, 2022, 2:59 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
SafeTravels registration is always required, regardless of vax status. https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hawa...travelers.html
jamesteroh and BradLivermore like this.
Old Jan 31, 2022, 7:53 am

Originally Posted by beagus
Has anyone flown ATL-HNL lately? Is Delta still giving wristbands at the gate? Are they available in the sky club?
I am not aware they were ever available at the skyclub. As Recent as 12/20 they were issuing at the gate. I suggest having the skyclub agent call the gate to see what time they will be issuing them (if they do at all).
Old Feb 7, 2022, 5:47 pm

Originally Posted by jamesteroh
Also wondering about MSP.

A little OT but you no longer need a negative test or to have a safe hawaii code if you are fully vaxed correct?
Any updates on Delta @ MSP ? We have a Nonstop to HNL in April

All of our vaccine info (including booster) has been uploaded to Safe Hawaii but we still have the Yellow QR code.

Last edited by flyer4512; Feb 7, 2022 at 9:26 pm
Old Feb 7, 2022, 8:06 pm

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by flyer4512
Any updates on Delta @ MSP ? We have a Nonstop to HNL in April

All of our vaccine info (including booster) has been uploaded to Safe Hawaii but we stlil have the Yellow QR code.
Flew out of MSP to HNL in Dec. We got the wristbands at gate before heading to the sky club. At the sky club, after scanning the boarding pass, the staff noticed we were going to HNL and mentioned that they were also distributing the wristbands there.
jamesteroh and flyer4512 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.