FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Delta Flight Attendants to Receive iPhone 12s (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/2038954-delta-flight-attendants-receive-iphone-12s.html)

DLASflyer Apr 28, 2021 11:56 am

Delta Flight Attendants to Receive iPhone 12s

https://about.att.com/story/2021/del..._apple_5g.html

I think Delta used to use Windows Phones and not sure what they are on now. Lots of buzzwords in that press release but not much detail on how the change will actually improve things.

Skystreak Apr 28, 2021 12:05 pm

Better nighttime selfies for sure.

MCO Flyer Apr 28, 2021 12:08 pm

Interesting, it would be nice if Delta would shift the free in-flight WiFi feature to AT&T phones from T-Mobile after the switch to ViaSat. I think the FAs have been using iPhone 8s up until this point although the AT&T agreement seems new.

Beckles Apr 28, 2021 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by MCO Flyer (Post 33211970)
it would be nice if Delta would shift the free in-flight WiFi feature to AT&T phones from T-Mobile after the switch to ViaSat.

The 'T-mobile deal' was through GoGo, it worked on other airlines that had GoGo, Delta didn't really have anything to do with it. Hasn't Delta said they would like to move to WiFi being free for all customers?

DCAproducer Apr 28, 2021 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by MCO Flyer (Post 33211970)
Interesting, it would be nice if Delta would shift the free in-flight WiFi feature to AT&T phones from T-Mobile after the switch to ViaSat. I think the FAs have been using iPhone 8s up until this point although the AT&T agreement seems new.

They haven’t been using iPhones. This is new. I’ve heard several FA’s wish they had iPhones.

cmd320 Apr 28, 2021 4:02 pm

Wow, business must be good…

nrr Apr 28, 2021 4:16 pm

Now that DL has switched to an Apple product, I wonder if DL "advertised": "our FAs use Apple iphones exclusively" would they have gotten a discount, they could have used the savings to hire more phone agents.:rolleyes:

kenn0223 Apr 28, 2021 7:08 pm

Originally Posted by cmd320 (Post 33212447)
Wow, business must be good…

They are leasing the phones from AT&T according to the press release. I assume Delta put out an RFP of some sort and this made the most business sense. Considering it’s AT&T issuing the press release it seems they are “winner” and probably arranged the deal using Apple products since they are also the leasing company.

I doubt Delta sought Apple products or AT&T network specifically.

HWGeeks Apr 28, 2021 7:58 pm

Sorta off topic but since someone mentioned T-Mobile and Gogo. T-Mobile now requires a code be sent to your cell phone to enable the free 1 hour internet. So you can't use your friend's TMOBILE number anymore.

mot29 Apr 28, 2021 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by HWGeeks (Post 33212841)
Sorta off topic but since someone mentioned T-Mobile and Gogo. T-Mobile now requires a code be sent to your cell phone to enable the free 1 hour internet. So you can't use your friend's TMOBILE number anymore.

I don't think this is new. I've always had a 5 digit code that I've had to enter to get my free hour.

lyrad89 Apr 28, 2021 9:05 pm

Originally Posted by DCAproducer (Post 33212177)
They haven’t been using iPhones. This is new. I’ve heard several FA’s wish they had iPhones.

They've definitely been using iPhone 7 Pluses for over 3-4 years now.

HWGeeks Apr 28, 2021 11:12 pm

Originally Posted by mot29 (Post 33212912)
I don't think this is new. I've always had a 5 digit code that I've had to enter to get my free hour.

Never asked me for one in the past couple of years, the day before yesterday was the first time it asked me. So figured it was new, and I was bumbed had to pay 6 bucks.

MCO Flyer Apr 28, 2021 11:31 pm

Originally Posted by HWGeeks (Post 33213142)
Never asked me for one in the past couple of years, the day before yesterday was the first time it asked me. So figured it was new, and I was bumbed had to pay 6 bucks.

If you know the person, you can just text them using the free messaging system and ask them for the code. Boom problem solved!

DCAproducer Apr 29, 2021 6:33 am

Originally Posted by lyrad89 (Post 33212978)
They've definitely been using iPhone 7 Pluses for over 3-4 years now.

I stand corrected. Apologies.
I found this article from 2017 when DL dumped Microsoft and transitioned to iPads in the cockpit and iPhones in the cabin.
https://appleinsider.com/articles/17...-in-early-2018

FlyAO2 Apr 29, 2021 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by mot29 (Post 33212912)

Definitely new....I was a regular abuser of this

Regardless -- I thought internet was going free soon