Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Planning Second New SkyClub at SEA

Delta Planning Second New SkyClub at SEA

Old Oct 20, 21, 1:30 pm

Programs: Marriott, IHG, Delta, United
That is my guess too. I imagine DL (and partners) will have preferential use of the A gates for international trips, though obviously given the fact that the Common Use “Club at SEA” is also remaining in A (underneath the new SkyClub), the airport’s vision is that at least some of the international flying from the A gates will be used by non-Delta (and non-Delta friends).

I also believe that outside the international peak hours ~noon-3ish, that DL will be allowed to use the international capable A gates for domestic flying.
Old Oct 20, 21, 1:32 pm

Programs: Marriott, IHG, Delta, United
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
Do we know for sure that the current Centurion lounge is closing? It's nice to have one convenient to DL gates, especially since DL and AmEx are close partners.
Yes, though the new expanded Amex lounge is right in the center of the main terminal, so really not that far out of the way, and space wise it will be much larger. Hopefully that means the peak hours wait list to get in goes away.

But that change has been confirmed by multiple sources, and UA getting that existing Amex club space was basically what made UA become willing to swap out their 3x A gates with DL for their 3x B gates. The other gates that both DL and UA use in B are common use. Really, that swap was a win-win for both DL & UA.

Last edited by kavok; Oct 20, 21 at 2:21 pm
Old Oct 20, 21, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM MM, Mlife Noir, TR 7*, Marriott Tit, UA Plat, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by scklumb View Post
SEA already seems Lounge heavy and just getting heavier.
[...]
A9 - United Club (currently closed, sounds like permanently)
Per the UA forum thread on UCs-during-COVID status, SEA re-opened late September:

Originally Posted by Say Vandelay View Post
Went to SEA yesterday and they were indeed open since the 25th and the staff was happy to be back. It listed the hours as 0400 - 1730 thru Oct 24. Typical prepackaged snacks.
Old Oct 20, 21, 3:06 pm
formerly kjnangre

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by scklumb View Post
SEA already seems Lounge heavy and just getting heavier.
A1 - Huge SkyClub
A11 - Another new huge SkyClub with SkyDeck
A11 - Club at SEA
A9 - United Club (currently closed, sounds like permanently)
B3 - Centurion Lounge (future United club?)
Central terminal - New Centurion Lounge (not sure on stats but I assume 10's of thousands of sq feet.)
S9 - British Galleries Club Lounge
S10 - Club at SEA
C16 - Alaska Lounge
D1 - Alaska Lounge
N10 - Flagship Alaska Lounge

I did not put the S9 Delta SkyClub on the list which is permanently closed (which in its own right was a pretty good sized club.) I don't know the stats for other airports like JFK, or SFO, which I'm sure have many more clubs, but the square feet of club space in Seattle seems quite high for SEA's passenger volume. But yet all lounges still seem over crowded.
I suspect SEA has a pretty high ratio of international flights to domestic flights (don't have the data tho), that's likely a factor
Old Oct 21, 21, 10:01 pm

Programs: Former DL DM and UA 1k, now a J class free agent (UA Plat, AA Plat, DL Silver)
Originally Posted by Mountain Explorer View Post
I suspect SEA has a pretty high ratio of international flights to domestic flights (don't have the data tho), that's likely a factor
Looking at pre-Covid data, SEA was 8th busiest airport in the US with 51M passengers in 2019. But in terms of international passengers, it was 15th busiest with in 2018 with 5.1M international passengers.

In comparing its size with JFK and SFO like scklumb suggested, SEA in 2019 was about as busy in terms of total passenger numbers as SFO was in 2015 or JFK was in 2013.

Search this Thread