Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Long Hold Times for Delta Vacations (Consolidated Threads)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Long Hold Times for Delta Vacations (Consolidated Threads)

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2021, 8:01 am

Programs: DL PM, AA PPro, HHonors Gold, Hertz President's Circle, Enterprise Silver
Originally Posted by demkr
I have found that if I contact Delta Vacations on Facebook or Twitter, they ask for your phone number and they call you back in a much more timely manner. It's impossible to get through anyone through the call center lately
+1 to this - it's now my go-to after far too long holds on the phone
Old May 6, 2021, 10:08 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Yesterday (5/5) I called at 8:00 am EDT: "your estimated wait time is OVER 3 hours"--no callback option.
Today (5/6) also at 8:00 am (calling as a new customer) I got through in about 45 min, the agent had to contact "ticketing" which had her on hold for 30 min.
Old May 7, 2021, 1:07 pm

Just called and was told line is busy and hung up on me....
Old May 29, 2021, 1:37 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Over 5 hour wait for an agent today only to be told she has to transfer me to "the right department" for a schedule change. Now quoted 3+ more hours and on a silent hold.

so unacceptable
Old Jul 7, 2021, 10:03 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Calling DL Vacations

Today 7/7 I encountered:
(1)It takes multiple dialing attempts to connect “your call did not go through, try your call again”
(2))Once you connect, DL Vacations message notes “due to high call volume we cannot take your call now, try again later”
At 8:30 am CDT after lots of (1) and (2) attempts I did reach an agent; but due to a flight change made by DL I had to speak with DL Vacations ticket change dept…the estimated wait 1 hour
Old Jul 21, 2021, 10:19 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Today, 7/21/21, after multiple attempts trying to get an open line , the message from DL Vacations: "due to high call volume, we cannot answer your call right now"--lots of these on multiple calling attempts.
At least DL Skymiles gets most callers in a queue.
Since DL Skymiles will not deal with bookings made through DV, it is even more imperative that pax get through to DV.
I'm going to file a complaint with DOT...maybe that will prod DV to get more phone agents.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.