Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Amex Centurion Lounge at LAX (Flying with Delta)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2021, 9:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion

Hi, I am flying out of LAX on Delta which uses Terminal 2. Has anyone used the Amex Centurion Lounge at the Tom Bradley International Terminal when flying with Delta? The Amex website says it's accessible via an airside bus. Does anyone know how easy or difficult this will be and how long it will take via the bus or how frequently it runs? Any insight anyone can share would be much appreciated. Thank you!

(FYI... I have to check in my bag first at Delta in T2)
Old Apr 13, 2021, 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by KaitlynPoints
Hi, I am flying out of LAX on Delta which uses Terminal 2. Has anyone used the Amex Centurion Lounge at the Tom Bradley International Terminal when flying with Delta? The Amex website says it's accessible via an airside bus. Does anyone know how easy or difficult this will be and how long it will take via the bus or how frequently it runs? Any insight anyone can share would be much appreciated. Thank you!

(FYI... I have to check in my bag first at Delta in T2)
it’s a pain in the behind to go between the 2 and unless something has changed very recently, the lounge is still grab and go. Bottom line - not worth it.
dw likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2021, 10:29 pm
NY9

I’m happy this question was asked. I also was considering doing something like this but given the above response I will just stick to the T2 Sky Club. Separately but also related, any idea what the new lounge will look like now that they’re taking over the Virgin Clubhouse? Opening date? I heard April or May
Old Apr 13, 2021, 10:33 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by El Boocho
it’s a pain in the behind to go between the 2 and unless something has changed very recently, the lounge is still grab and go. Bottom line - not worth it.
I've used AMEX CENT. lounges in LAS and JFK T4 (DL). They have nice hot dishes. I've only used T4 at 7:00 am, they have lots of agents, so its nearly waiter service to your seat, though no alcohol till 10:30 am. ['DL SC in T4 doesn't serve alcohol till 8:00 am]
In LAS and JFK T4 there aren't too many items suitable for grab and go, a cooked egg on top of sausage and bacon wouldn't GO!
Old Apr 13, 2021, 11:06 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
Originally Posted by nrr
I've used AMEX CENT. lounges in LAS and JFK T4 (DL). no alcohol till 10:30 am. ['DL SC in T4 doesn't serve alcohol till 8:00 am]
In LAS and JFK T4 there aren't too many items suitable for grab and go, a cooked egg on top of sausage and bacon wouldn't GO!
It is New York state law that first call for alcohol can't take place until 8 am M-Sa and 10 am on Su.

The only domestic Centurion Club I've been is in LAS, and they have good to great food and an open premium bar. I was in their club in EZE circa 2004.

I'm looking forward to visiting the Centurion Club at JFK T4 at the end of this month, and hoping that DL will have the SkyDeck open also (Delta had this locked up whenever I was at their JFK T4 club in 2018 and 2019.
Old Apr 13, 2021, 11:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Not sure when you're travelling, but the current situation is a grab and go box, not something that I'd find worthwhile trekking to TBIT for. More discussion here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...2020-a-20.html
Old Apr 13, 2021, 11:53 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ND76
It is New York state law that first call for alcohol can't take place until 8 am M-Sa and 10 am on Su.

The only domestic Centurion Club I've been is in LAS, and they have good to great food and an open premium bar. I was in their club in EZE circa 2004.

I'm looking forward to visiting the Centurion Club at JFK T4 at the end of this month, and hoping that DL will have the SkyDeck open also (Delta had this locked up whenever I was at their JFK T4 club in 2018 and 2019.
Yes, I know the oddities of NYS alcohol laws, Sunday liquor sales is "relatively" new. To me the oddest item: you can buy beer in lots of venues, grocery stores, drug stores, gas stations...but NOT in a liquor store.
Old Apr 14, 2021, 6:42 am

Programs: Delta PM
Originally Posted by El Boocho
I wouldn't call it a "pain", it's just a bus ride
Old Apr 14, 2021, 6:49 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
This is not worth it. It is too much of a hassle for a box of mediocre food.
rogo likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2021, 6:59 am

Programs: Delta Plat, one-time United Plat, Amex Plat, Marriott Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, Bus Pass
Originally Posted by ND76

The JFK Centurion lounge is great. Make sure to check out the "speakeasy" on the lower level!
Old Apr 14, 2021, 7:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
As others have said, this lounge is currently closed and only offering a togo bag of light food. I would definitely not make the trip over there right now, just for that.

With that said, there is a bus that runs from T2 to TBIT and can take you there inside security. It's a pretty lamentable experience IMO but it gets the job done. Personally, if I were planning to visit the Centurion Lounge, I would just check in online and arrive at TBIT, clear security there, and go to the Centurion Lounge. Then take the bus back to T2 later on if necessary (some DL flights are departing from TBIT anyway). No sense to check in at T2, ride the bus out to TBIT, and then ride the bus back. By the time you do all that you're talking about up to an hour of wasted time.
Old Apr 14, 2021, 9:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion
Thanks everyone for the insight. I didn't realize the Amex lounge at LAX was still just grab and go.. thought it was fully open with hot food like JFK which is why I wanted to go. Looks like I'll stick with the SkyClub! Thanks!
Old Apr 14, 2021, 12:24 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by koreanair720
The JFK Centurion lounge is great. Make sure to check out the "speakeasy" on the lower level!
Personally, I beg to differ. I found the JFK Cent lounge the most disappointing in the system. It's made up of a dozen non-cohesive tiny spaces on two levels, and felt cramped despite being the largest in the system by square footage. I didn't check out the speakeasy, but was let down by the rest of it. Much prefer B32 SkyClub for atmosphere. The Cent lounge food was good, but that's about it.
Old Apr 14, 2021, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by MikeNYC1
Personally, I beg to differ. I found the JFK Cent lounge the most disappointing in the system. It's made up of a dozen non-cohesive tiny spaces on two levels, and felt cramped despite being the largest in the system by square footage. I didn't check out the speakeasy, but was let down by the rest of it. Much prefer B32 SkyClub for atmosphere. The Cent lounge food was good, but that's about it.
Just out of curiosity, what is there about the ‘atmosphere’ of the Sklub that does it for you? The 30 person queues to get to the buffet? Or the 3-5 deep at the bar scene? I think the only thing I prefer there is the SkyDeck. That said, we’ll see what the Centurion Lounge looks like when things get busier. Last time I was there I was the only person for two hours of my stay.
Brandinho1 likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2021, 2:33 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, one-time United Plat, Amex Plat, Marriott Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, Bus Pass
Originally Posted by MikeNYC1
Have you been to DFW? Far less interesting IMO...and much worse views.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.