Accessing SC with kids

Old Apr 13, 2021, 6:58 pm
Original Poster

Accessing SC with kids

I have Amex Plat and is a Diamond. On a non-D1 flight, how can I bring my 7/8 year old to the SC? The guest policy is vague to me that I am not sure even if I can pay to get the guest pass?
Old Apr 13, 2021, 7:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Did you actually choose Diamond Medallion Choice Benefits? Looks like you are on a status match. Diamond status does not automatically provide lounge access (you have to choose it among the Choice Benefit options), but you won't have access to Choice Benefits until you complete the challenge. One of the Choice Benefits is a Guest Sky Club access benefit for people who already have Amex Plat or a Sky club membership. Amex Plat cardholders can bring in up to two guests for a fee, but they don't state what the current fee is.

Last edited by xliioper; Apr 13, 2021 at 8:19 pm
Old Apr 13, 2021, 8:11 pm

Assuming that the Amex Platinum card is your only way to get into the SC, you will have to pay the guest fee ( $39) to bring a guest or family member into the club. I believe kids under 2 get free access.
Old Apr 19, 2021, 7:08 am

Programs: Hub Captive Club
Originally Posted by jeet
Assuming that the Amex Platinum card is your only way to get into the SC, you will have to pay the guest fee ( $39) to bring a guest or family member into the club. I believe kids under 2 get free access.
This is accurate - I'd say they charge me, or attempt to charge me about 80% of the time for my 5 year old. I've had agents ignore that he's with me and a couple tell me the charge but when I look surprised it's that expensive let me slide. If they attempt to charge me and we don't have long I'll ask my wife if she wants to stay and often we'll start to walk out when they let it go (this isn't a tactic, we truly won't spend the $$ sometimes based on how long we have to wait and if we need a snack). My 2 year old is no problem whenever she's with me.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.