Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Changing DL ticket purchased through Expedia

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Changing DL ticket purchased through Expedia

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2021, 5:25 pm
Original Poster

Question Changing DL ticket purchased through Expedia

My questions: What is the procedure for changing the date on a Delta domestic ticket purchased through Expedia? Is it the same as if purchased from DL? Is there still no change fee if purchased through Expedia? Do I contact Expedia or contact Delta directly? I purchased the ticket 2 days ago.
Thanks to anyone who can provide answers and advice.
Old Apr 12, 2021, 7:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Have to go through Expedia. Shouldn't be any penalty from Delta, however I can't say if Expedia will charge any service fees.
BHSteinkamp and JPG3392 like this.
Old Apr 12, 2021, 7:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
You have to deal with Expedia. You should be able to find the terms & conditions imposed by Expedia (over and above those of DL) on the Expedia website.

For the future, I would always book directly with the carrier. Less hassle and often less costly when issues arise.
MSPeconomist and flyerCO like this.
Old Apr 12, 2021, 8:46 pm

Programs: Delta Plat
Delta will make the changes for 50 bucks, sometime they will waive the fee. I use to have to only book with Expedia because delta would require a credit card at check in and sometimes I wouldn't have the credit card on hand so expedia was my work around. When I'd have to make a change I always hit up delta and explain why I booked with Expedia and they always would waive the 50 dollar fee and make the change.
Old Apr 12, 2021, 8:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by HWGeeks
Delta will make the changes for 50 bucks, sometime they will waive the fee. I use to have to only book with Expedia because delta would require a credit card at check in and sometimes I wouldn't have the credit card on hand so expedia was my work around. When I'd have to make a change I always hit up delta and explain why I booked with Expedia and they always would waive the 50 dollar fee and make the change.
Indeed, this has been my experience when booking with an OTA. DL will make changes, sometimes for $50, sometimes at no cost. IME, UA will not charge anything. On the other hand, AA has refused to touch and made me call the OTA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.