Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Domestic Delta One Routes Available during COVID19

Old Apr 11, 21, 3:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM; Marriott Plat; Hilton Honors Gold

Does anyone know what routes Delta is planning do offer D1 on domestically going forward? I see that BOS-LAX and BOS-SEA were both unceremoniously dropped with no announcement.

Last edited by rcurry01; Apr 12, 21 at 11:05 am
Old Apr 11, 21, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); still teleworking with the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.3MM; AS MVPG 75K
JFK-LAX/SFO; HNL-MSP/ATL

other routes may occasionally see D1-configured jets (75S/763/764/A330/A350) but service will more than likely be standard domestic F; that said, in pre-C19 days, D1 bedding would occasionally appear on those domestic segments
Old Apr 11, 21, 4:38 pm

Limited to JFK-SEA/SFO/LAX/SAN/LAS routes in current schedule (plus MSP/ATL-HNL). JFK-PHX gets a daily 75S in May schedule, but it's marketed as FC. Looks like JFK-SLC gets some widebody action in April/May (also FC). Seeing various other not-quite-transcon FC routes with widebodies in May (likely due to continued slack in international schedule) if you just care about the D1 seat - DTW-SEA/SLC/LAX/SAN, ATL-SEA/PDX/SFO/LAS/DEN/SLC/LAX. May schedule begins May 5th.

Last edited by xliioper; Apr 11, 21 at 4:54 pm
Old Apr 11, 21, 5:05 pm

Programs: Delta
Originally Posted by xliioper View Post
Limited to JFK-SEA/SFO/LAX/SAN/LAS routes in current schedule (plus MSP/ATL-HNL). JFK-PHX gets a daily 75S in May schedule, but it's marketed as FC. Looks like JFK-SLC gets some widebody action in April/May (also FC). Seeing various other not-quite-transcon FC routes with widebodies in May (likely due to continued slack in international schedule) if you just care about the D1 seat - DTW-SEA/SLC/LAX/SAN, ATL-SEA/PDX/SFO/LAS/DEN/SLC/LAX. May schedule begins May 5th.
We are scheduled to fly the retrofitted 767-400 out of one of the major hubs you listed in Late May, and I will be heartbroken if they replace it...
Since it is a month and a half away, the risk for equipment change is real.
Old Apr 11, 21, 5:16 pm

Programs: Delta PM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National Executive Elite; Amtrak Guest Rewards; Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Delta was flying DCA-LAX with a 757 with 16 lie flat seats, but is showing a 757 with 20 F class seats for the near future. Both California and the District of Columbia are still in lockdown mode; when things get closer to pre-pandemic "normal" I think you'll see this non-stop route resume D1 service
Old Apr 11, 21, 6:11 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
I didn't realize they where doing D1 on BOS-SEA. I'm glad they're sticking with JFK-SEA, as Jet Blue has recently dropped Mint from their daytime flight, only using it on the redeyes.
Old Apr 11, 21, 6:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by hi55us View Post
I didn't realize they where doing D1 on BOS-SEA. I'm glad they're sticking with JFK-SEA, as Jet Blue has recently dropped Mint from their daytime flight, only using it on the redeyes.
Delta hadnít been running D1 on all aircraft on this route either. I think it was only a single 75S daily and the rest were some nasty 738s or something horrible like that.
Old Apr 11, 21, 6:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by ND76 View Post
Delta was flying DCA-LAX with a 757 with 16 lie flat seats, but is showing a 757 with 20 F class seats for the near future. Both California and the District of Columbia are still in lockdown mode; when things get closer to pre-pandemic "normal" I think you'll see this non-stop route resume D1 service
Neither DC, nor VA, nor MD are in "lockdown mode," DC's ended on June 22, 2020.
Old Apr 11, 21, 7:07 pm

The seasonal ATL-ANC will be running with 767-300s starting May 6.
Old Apr 11, 21, 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by CaptainBiscoff View Post
We are scheduled to fly the retrofitted 767-400 out of one of the major hubs you listed in Late May, and I will be heartbroken if they replace it...
Since it is a month and a half away, the risk for equipment change is real.
May should be relatively firm at this point. I suspect some of these flights are being funded with equipment that had been scheduled for international routes in May, but are now available because they pushed back a number of international routes from May into June last weekend -- https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33152615-post1655.html
Old Apr 11, 21, 7:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, AF/KL Gold, AA LT PLT 2mm
Originally Posted by ND76 View Post
... Both California and the District of Columbia are still in lockdown mode;
Huh? Can't speak for DC but California, at least Orange County, is definitely not in lockdown with pretty much everything open. FWIW, there was never a lockdown in Orange County.
Maine2LA likes this.
Old Apr 11, 21, 7:45 pm

Programs: Delta
Originally Posted by xliioper View Post
May should be relatively firm at this point. I suspect some of these flights are being funded with equipment that had been scheduled for international routes in May, but are now available because they pushed back a number of international routes from May into June last weekend -- https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33152615-post1655.html
thats the hope. The only thing I notice is that the schedule (with the same flight number) has an earlier departure up until May 4th and it has been filled with a 763, A332, 757, 764 for the past month (as far back as Iíve looked). But May 5 up until June 4th, itís a slightly later departure time (around 15 minutes) and only showing the 764 servicing the leg which makes me wonder. In my reservation, I can click my first flightís aircraft (739), the aircraft info pops up but when I click the connecting leg aircraft (764), the aircraft isnít even clickable which makes me think itís a placeholder until we get closer till the May. Iím going to be cautiously hopeful that weíll be on the 764 since our flight is during Memorial Day weekend and theyíll need a wide body (hopefully keeping that 764).

Last edited by CaptainBiscoff; Apr 11, 21 at 7:58 pm
Old Apr 11, 21, 8:30 pm

Programs: DL GM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Radisson Gold; Hyatt Discoverist
I think one mistake people make on this forum is conflating "equipment with lie-flats upfront" with "Delta One." While currently there is no difference, come June, there will be different service again.
Old Apr 11, 21, 9:27 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by ANC_Nomad View Post
The seasonal ATL-ANC will be running with 767-300s starting May 6.
While these are lie flat seats - and much better than recliners in this long route - this is marketed as First Class, and not DeltaOne.
Old Apr 11, 21, 10:07 pm

Originally Posted by CaptainBiscoff View Post
thats the hope. The only thing I notice is that the schedule (with the same flight number) has an earlier departure up until May 4th and it has been filled with a 763, A332, 757, 764 for the past month (as far back as I’ve looked). But May 5 up until June 4th, it’s a slightly later departure time (around 15 minutes) and only showing the 764 servicing the leg which makes me wonder. In my reservation, I can click my first flight’s aircraft (739), the aircraft info pops up but when I click the connecting leg aircraft (764), the aircraft isn’t even clickable which makes me think it’s a placeholder until we get closer till the May. I’m going to be cautiously hopeful that we’ll be on the 764 since our flight is during Memorial Day weekend and they’ll need a wide body (hopefully keeping that 764).
It's pretty clear that the current placeholder schedule begins June 5th as there are major equipment upgrades and frequency additions on that date and forward. There may be some further tweaks to May, but we are getting too close to the start of the month for anything major. June schedule will likely get big update next weekend as it will be 4 weeks after big update for May.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: