FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Domestic Delta One Routes Available during COVID19 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/2037726-domestic-delta-one-routes-available-during-covid19.html)

rcurry01 Apr 11, 2021 3:46 pm

Domestic Delta One Routes Available during COVID19

Does anyone know what routes Delta is planning do offer D1 on domestically going forward? I see that BOS-LAX and BOS-SEA were both unceremoniously dropped with no announcement.

jrl767 Apr 11, 2021 4:30 pm

JFK-LAX/SFO; HNL-MSP/ATL

other routes may occasionally see D1-configured jets (75S/763/764/A330/A350) but service will more than likely be standard domestic F; that said, in pre-C19 days, D1 bedding would occasionally appear on those domestic segments

xliioper Apr 11, 2021 4:38 pm

Limited to JFK-SEA/SFO/LAX/SAN/LAS routes in current schedule (plus MSP/ATL-HNL). JFK-PHX gets a daily 75S in May schedule, but it's marketed as FC. Looks like JFK-SLC gets some widebody action in April/May (also FC). Seeing various other not-quite-transcon FC routes with widebodies in May (likely due to continued slack in international schedule) if you just care about the D1 seat - DTW-SEA/SLC/LAX/SAN, ATL-SEA/PDX/SFO/LAS/DEN/SLC/LAX. May schedule begins May 5th.

CaptainBiscoff Apr 11, 2021 5:05 pm

Originally Posted by xliioper (Post 33170230)
Limited to JFK-SEA/SFO/LAX/SAN/LAS routes in current schedule (plus MSP/ATL-HNL). JFK-PHX gets a daily 75S in May schedule, but it's marketed as FC. Looks like JFK-SLC gets some widebody action in April/May (also FC). Seeing various other not-quite-transcon FC routes with widebodies in May (likely due to continued slack in international schedule) if you just care about the D1 seat - DTW-SEA/SLC/LAX/SAN, ATL-SEA/PDX/SFO/LAS/DEN/SLC/LAX. May schedule begins May 5th.

We are scheduled to fly the retrofitted 767-400 out of one of the major hubs you listed in Late May, and I will be heartbroken if they replace it...
Since it is a month and a half away, the risk for equipment change is real.

ND76 Apr 11, 2021 5:16 pm

Delta was flying DCA-LAX with a 757 with 16 lie flat seats, but is showing a 757 with 20 F class seats for the near future. Both California and the District of Columbia are still in lockdown mode; when things get closer to pre-pandemic "normal" I think you'll see this non-stop route resume D1 service

hi55us Apr 11, 2021 6:11 pm

I didn't realize they where doing D1 on BOS-SEA. I'm glad they're sticking with JFK-SEA, as Jet Blue has recently dropped Mint from their daytime flight, only using it on the redeyes.

cmd320 Apr 11, 2021 6:14 pm

Originally Posted by hi55us (Post 33170403)
I didn't realize they where doing D1 on BOS-SEA. I'm glad they're sticking with JFK-SEA, as Jet Blue has recently dropped Mint from their daytime flight, only using it on the redeyes.

Delta hadn’t been running D1 on all aircraft on this route either. I think it was only a single 75S daily and the rest were some nasty 738s or something horrible like that.

Often1 Apr 11, 2021 6:26 pm

Originally Posted by ND76 (Post 33170305)
Delta was flying DCA-LAX with a 757 with 16 lie flat seats, but is showing a 757 with 20 F class seats for the near future. Both California and the District of Columbia are still in lockdown mode; when things get closer to pre-pandemic "normal" I think you'll see this non-stop route resume D1 service

Neither DC, nor VA, nor MD are in "lockdown mode," DC's ended on June 22, 2020.

ANC_Nomad Apr 11, 2021 7:07 pm

The seasonal ATL-ANC will be running with 767-300s starting May 6.

xliioper Apr 11, 2021 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by CaptainBiscoff (Post 33170286)
We are scheduled to fly the retrofitted 767-400 out of one of the major hubs you listed in Late May, and I will be heartbroken if they replace it...
Since it is a month and a half away, the risk for equipment change is real.

May should be relatively firm at this point. I suspect some of these flights are being funded with equipment that had been scheduled for international routes in May, but are now available because they pushed back a number of international routes from May into June last weekend -- https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33152615-post1655.html

SFO777 Apr 11, 2021 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by ND76 (Post 33170305)
... Both California and the District of Columbia are still in lockdown mode;

Huh? Can't speak for DC but California, at least Orange County, is definitely not in lockdown with pretty much everything open. FWIW, there was never a lockdown in Orange County.

CaptainBiscoff Apr 11, 2021 7:45 pm

Originally Posted by xliioper (Post 33170550)
May should be relatively firm at this point. I suspect some of these flights are being funded with equipment that had been scheduled for international routes in May, but are now available because they pushed back a number of international routes from May into June last weekend -- https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33152615-post1655.html

thats the hope. The only thing I notice is that the schedule (with the same flight number) has an earlier departure up until May 4th and it has been filled with a 763, A332, 757, 764 for the past month (as far back as I’ve looked). But May 5 up until June 4th, it’s a slightly later departure time (around 15 minutes) and only showing the 764 servicing the leg which makes me wonder. In my reservation, I can click my first flight’s aircraft (739), the aircraft info pops up but when I click the connecting leg aircraft (764), the aircraft isn’t even clickable which makes me think it’s a placeholder until we get closer till the May. I’m going to be cautiously hopeful that we’ll be on the 764 since our flight is during Memorial Day weekend and they’ll need a wide body (hopefully keeping that 764).

Adam1222 Apr 11, 2021 8:30 pm

I think one mistake people make on this forum is conflating "equipment with lie-flats upfront" with "Delta One." While currently there is no difference, come June, there will be different service again.

btonkid12345 Apr 11, 2021 9:27 pm

Originally Posted by ANC_Nomad (Post 33170517)
The seasonal ATL-ANC will be running with 767-300s starting May 6.

While these are lie flat seats - and much better than recliners in this long route - this is marketed as First Class, and not DeltaOne.

xliioper Apr 11, 2021 10:07 pm

Originally Posted by CaptainBiscoff (Post 33170593)
thats the hope. The only thing I notice is that the schedule (with the same flight number) has an earlier departure up until May 4th and it has been filled with a 763, A332, 757, 764 for the past month (as far back as I’ve looked). But May 5 up until June 4th, it’s a slightly later departure time (around 15 minutes) and only showing the 764 servicing the leg which makes me wonder. In my reservation, I can click my first flight’s aircraft (739), the aircraft info pops up but when I click the connecting leg aircraft (764), the aircraft isn’t even clickable which makes me think it’s a placeholder until we get closer till the May. I’m going to be cautiously hopeful that we’ll be on the 764 since our flight is during Memorial Day weekend and they’ll need a wide body (hopefully keeping that 764).

It's pretty clear that the current placeholder schedule begins June 5th as there are major equipment upgrades and frequency additions on that date and forward. There may be some further tweaks to May, but we are getting too close to the start of the month for anything major. June schedule will likely get big update next weekend as it will be 4 weeks after big update for May.