Wiki Posts
Search

Skymiles Card Spend Update

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2021, 2:31 pm
Original Poster

Skymiles Card Spend Update

Hi everyone!

I wonder if anyone can tell me why the Card Spend section in my Skymiles account still says $0... when I use my Amex daily?

Thank you for your insight!

Old Apr 10, 2021, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Is it a new card? Sometimes they'll generate a new Skymiles number if you signup without your existing one filled in. Did you have any large returns or chargebacks around the beginning of the year? It's possible to have a negative year-to-date spend balance which I believe will show as no spend on the website.
Old Apr 10, 2021, 4:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by xliioper
Is it a new card? Sometimes they'll generate a new Skymiles number if you signup without your existing one filled in. Did you have any large returns or chargebacks around the beginning of the year? It's possible to have a negative year-to-date spend balance which I believe will show as no spend on the website.
No, I have had this card for three years or so and I haven’t had any big returns or refunds on the card. I have no idea why this is showing “$0.”
Old Apr 10, 2021, 4:46 pm

Programs: Delta PM
If you go to the Amex website (not the app), it tells you the total amount of what you spent YTD. If it still says $0, I would probably call Amex
Old Apr 10, 2021, 6:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The app shows $0 until you spend $1,000 or more during the calendar year. It seems to be updated at random intervals, but don'e expect the app to recognize spend until several days after the charge (not preapproval) posts.
Old Apr 10, 2021, 7:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
The app shows $0 until you spend $1,000 or more during the calendar year. It seems to be updated at random intervals, but don'e expect the app to recognize spend until several days after the charge (not preapproval) posts.
I have spent around 20K since the first of the year... I have no idea why it’s not updated on the Delta App. ☹️
Old Apr 10, 2021, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A couple other guesses. Do you have a DL Platinum or Reserve Amex card? DL Amex Gold card spend no longer counts toward MQD Waiver if that's the only card you have. Assuming the spend is eligible spend and not non-qualifying (like Gift Cards).
FabCW, tardyturtle and Lchen1989 like this.
Old Apr 10, 2021, 8:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by xliioper
A couple other guesses. Do you have a DL Platinum or Reserve Amex card? DL Amex Gold card spend no longer counts toward MQD Waiver if that's the only card you have. Assuming the spend is eligible spend and not non-qualifying (like Gift Cards).
Ah!! There it is. I have a gold card. Thank you for clarifying. I didn’t realize that the spend no longer qualified. 😕 I might take the Platinum upgrade offer then!
Old Apr 10, 2021, 8:17 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
Originally Posted by FabCW
Ah!! There it is. I have a gold card. Thank you for clarifying. I didn’t realize that the spend no longer qualified. 😕 I might take the Platinum upgrade offer then!
If you go with the Platinum or Reserve Card, all of your spend since January 1, 2021 will show up in your account.
FabCW and tardyturtle like this.
Old Apr 10, 2021, 8:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ND76
If you go with the Platinum or Reserve Card, all of your spend since January 1, 2021 will show up in your account.
Thank you all for your help. I guess I haven’t been paying attention because the change happened several months ago (I just read about it online). I’m seriously considering the Platinum upgrade.
Old Apr 10, 2021, 11:33 pm

Programs: Delta PM
Thank you all for your help. I guess I haven’t been paying attention because the change happened several months ago (I just read about it online). I’m seriously considering the Platinum upgrade.
Platinum 100% worth it. The dining credit and the companion certificate alone outweighs the $250 annual fee
Old Apr 11, 2021, 10:27 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by ND76
Originally Posted by Crossinator
Platinum 100% worth it. The dining credit and the companion certificate alone outweighs the $250 annual fee
agreed! Totally worth it.
FabCW and iamjaviervillegas like this.
Old Apr 11, 2021, 12:36 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
The reserve card costs $550 per year, but I basically got my investment back, even though my SkyClub membership was extended by over 15 months by Delta.

I got 40,000 SkyMiles as a signing bonus, which I value at $400.00, plus I got 30,000 MQMs (15k after spending a nominal amount, and then another 15k after spending over $30k on the card in 2020. I also was able to use the Centurion Club in LAS in mid-March, 2020 for free (a $50 value for holders of cheaper AMEX cards).

The SkyClub individual membership is currently priced at $545/year. So the Reserve Card covers one's SkyClub admission. The gold AMEX I used to have cost $95 per year. So I think the Reserve Card is a good deal.
SUPERTRAVEL, FabCW and tardyturtle like this.
Old Apr 11, 2021, 7:02 pm

Programs: AA,DL,F9,UA,WN
I might take the Platinum upgrade offer then!
If you've never had the SkyMiles Platinum card before, don't upgrade your current card. Instead, apply for the new card. That way you'll qualify to receive all the signup bonuses. If approved, then cancel your current card since it's unlikely you'd need both.
FabCW and hi55us like this.
Old Mar 17, 2022, 2:13 pm

Programs: DL, BA, UA, AF
Hello.. I have the Delta Platinum Card & as well haven’t seen any activity in that part of my SkyMiles. I haven’t spent a great deal on the card yet this year but any activity used to show up there before. The activity does show up in the pie chart in the MY RECENT ACTIVITY section of my account. Is it true then that nothing will appear if I’ve spent under $1000? Thanks for any insight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.