Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Different award levels on same reservation?

Old Apr 8, 21, 9:26 pm
Original Poster

I have enough miles for one seat using miles and one seat using miles + cash. I don't think I can do this in one transaction/reservation. I can't make separate reservations, because one of the passengers (my son) is 15. When I tried, I got the message that I can not book an unaccompanied minor online. I tried making his reservation after mine, but I don't see a way to "add" him to my flight.

I tried to call, but was hung up on 45 minutes in.

This is a sad state of affairs.
Old Apr 8, 21, 11:25 pm

Programs: Delta 2M DM
I recommend you try calling again. Sometimes Delta-Singapore is the way to go when it is impossible to get a hold of Delta domestically. Skype calls to Singapore are very reasonable typically.
Old Apr 9, 21, 12:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by kdjk5467 View Post
I have enough miles for one seat using miles and one seat using miles + cash. I don't think I can do this in one transaction/reservation. I can't make separate reservations, because one of the passengers (my son) is 15. When I tried, I got the message that I can not book an unaccompanied minor online. I tried making his reservation after mine, but I don't see a way to "add" him to my flight.

I tried to call, but was hung up on 45 minutes in.

This is a sad state of affairs.
Must be separate reservations. Try using the message us ootion in app. Simply reply Rep when system connects with you.
Old Apr 9, 21, 8:45 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat 1MM, AS MVP, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz President's Circle
This is one of those times I appreciate how Alaska lets you book a minor on their own ticket, online, if you can connect it to an existing PNR of an adult.
Old Apr 9, 21, 10:18 am

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Ambassador
On DL's unaccompanied minor page, it says "Children ages 15-17 are permitted to travel as a standard passenger" (https://www.delta.com/us/en/children...-minor-program) so I'm not sure why the DL system isn't booking it. OP, is your son close to turning 15 but not actually 15 yet?
MSPeconomist likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: