Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Current situation dining & SkyClub @ SLC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2021, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion

Didn't find a post on this topic...apologies if I missed it.

What's the current situation with dining options open at SLC given CV19 travel slowdowns? Is the Gordon Biersch pub open?

Is the SkyClub open, and is it capacity limited? I get in via AMEX Plat, in case it matters.

I haven't flown in over a year and will be passing through SLC on connections twice in the coming 3 weeks.
Old Apr 7, 2021, 5:09 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
Gordon Biersch doesn’t exist anymore (the entire old terminal has been demolished.)

Brand new SkyClub is the world’s largest and well stocked. Other food/beverage options are limited. Only about half of concessionaires completed construction during the pandemic but traffic is back and lines are long.
PV_Premier likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2021, 5:52 pm

Programs: All Airlines, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
I live in SLC and have visited the new Delta lounge several times now. Nice food and drink choices in a huge space. Also has an open air deck overlooking the tarmac. I've never seen it even close to capacity even though the airport is really starting to look like pre-Covid amounts of travelers. Everything else is opening slowly. When everything is done it will be very nice, but right now it's still a bit discombobulated.
PV_Premier likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2021, 6:44 pm

Programs: Delta DM for now
I’ve been visiting the new SkyClub regularly since it opened, and it’s slowly getting better as traffic has picked up. I spent a couple hours there this afternoon and it was briefly the busiest I had ever seen it so I don’t think they are doing any capacities limits but it cleared out quickly once the next bank of flights was boarding. For food, it’s getting close to what was pre-Covid, just everything is individually wrapped. There’s 2 or 3 different half sandwich/wrap options, veggie or chicken noodle soup, a few salad options, pretzels and other snacks and some sweets. Both bars and food service stations in the club have been fully operational recently.

Outside the club, I for the most part really like the new terminal but agree it is a bit awkward right now due to the ongoing construction. Also, it seems like they were caught off guard with how quickly pax numbers are rebounding. Many food outlets are still not open yet so there’s always seems to be lines at the ones that are open. So generally the club is still your best bet for some food and a decent place to sit. Do note, the club is at the eastern end of the new A terminal and it’s a bit of a walk from the west end of A or the B gates.
DLASflyer and PV_Premier like this.
Old Apr 7, 2021, 7:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Thanks all! While I haven’t flown in over a year I just realized it’s probably been close to 18 months since I’ve been to SLC.
Old Apr 7, 2021, 8:02 pm

Programs: DA Diamond(1 MM), Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador/Charter Ambassador, Hyatt Glob, Hertz Presidents Circle
SLC is the best sky club in the domestic system in my opinion. Not even close. I am in various sky clubs across the country monthly and SLC is amazing, Even in COVID times. Two bars during most hours. Plenty of space. the sky deck. Its really well done. it can be a bit of a hike to some gates, but thats the ONLY knock on it. I would put the JFK club second(not the airport but the club) CVG third, seattle fourth and then MCO fifth But i am a simple many so your views may differ!!!
Old Apr 7, 2021, 8:05 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
Lots of people have been sharing their experiences with the "New SLC" on this thread:

New SLC airport opens September 15th, 2020 - FlyerTalk Forums
DLASflyer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.