FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   New SkyClub in LAX T2, what do you know about it? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/2037424-new-skyclub-lax-t2-what-do-you-know-about.html)

NOLAnwGOLD Apr 7, 2021 1:20 am

New SkyClub in LAX T2, what do you know about it?

So seems that Delta has taken over the LAX T2 Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse (I loved that lounge flying VS!) and apparently has DL SC already on the main door. In the VS threads, it's being renovated to SC standards and will open in May 2021. Any one know more details?? It was the previous NW WorldClub, so a bit fitting I guess.

I wonder what will eventually happen with these two spaces after the head house club opens. Could it be another level for J and and other pax??

HeadInTheClouds Apr 7, 2021 5:18 am

On my last trip thru, the line to get into the SkyClub was several dozen people down the corridor outside, and people were being admitted as others left. My guess is that this is just due to overflow issues. Similar to the retrofitting of the secondary club in T3, knowing it would be very short lived. Happy to hear it!

Hepsaint Apr 7, 2021 8:46 am

Interesting development here in LA... Any photos from the wild would be greatly appreciated. I'll be there in 15 days on my way to OGG and can provide an update then as well.

Ryno1234 Apr 7, 2021 8:53 am

That is good news. I was in the LAX SC 2 weeks ago and it was really busy. I like the club in general, so is the thought that they will keep multiple clubs open?

ND76 Apr 7, 2021 9:07 am

I wish they would make the VS Clubhouse in IAD into a SkyClub.

El Boocho Apr 7, 2021 11:41 am

Originally Posted by Hepsaint (Post 33159453)
Interesting development here in LA... Any photos from the wild would be greatly appreciated. I'll be there in 15 days on my way to OGG and can provide an update then as well.

I'll be there on Monday and will try to swing by and check it out.

BenA Apr 7, 2021 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by ND76 (Post 33159504)
I wish they would make the VS Clubhouse in IAD into a SkyClub.

This would be fabulous (although I would hope it would be accompanied by a gate move to reduce the long walks involved).

WillBarrett_68 Apr 7, 2021 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by NOLAnwGOLD (Post 33158884)
I wonder what will eventually happen with these two spaces after the head house club opens. Could it be another level for J and and other pax??

this seemes incredibly unllikely, the most likely outcome is that both of the current T2 clubs are closed.

CPMaverick Apr 7, 2021 4:52 pm

Originally Posted by NOLAnwGOLD (Post 33158884)

Does DL do that anywhere else in their network? Honest question. If not, I doubt it would happen in LAX first.

FinanceGuyLAX Apr 7, 2021 5:37 pm

Originally Posted by CPMaverick (Post 33160587)
Does DL do that anywhere else in their network? Honest question. If not, I doubt it would happen in LAX first.

Given the premium competition at LAX, I actually think it would be a logical first location. LAX has the separate D1 check-in (which existed at T5 and is being built out at T2), and there have been rumors over the past year that the new LAX facility would have a separate D1 club.

WillBarrett_68 Apr 8, 2021 11:08 am

Originally Posted by FinanceGuyLAX (Post 33160663)
there have been rumors over the past year that the new LAX facility would have a separate D1 club.

there have been "rumors" abount things like this at any number of airports and they're all just wishcasting

jiburi Apr 8, 2021 1:09 pm

Granted Current T2 space is temporary before the main one is built, I’m surprised Delta hasn’t made entire second floor Skyclub. Prior VS space will help relieve some over-crowding but I think they have passenger traffic which would fill the entire second floor.

Jiburi

MSPeconomist Apr 8, 2021 1:11 pm

If the current LAX SC is full, are their other open lounges that people could perhaps use without going outside of security? SkyTeam? PP? AmEx?

HeyItsMK Apr 8, 2021 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 33162928)
If the current LAX SC is full, are their other open lounges that people could perhaps use without going outside of security? SkyTeam? PP? AmEx?

Unfortunately there's not much in terms of alternatives atm. The Amex Centurion Lounge at TBIT is still grab and go, and the AS Lounge via Priority Pass at T6 will likely have a waitlist if you're using that as your entry method, so that plus the walk around LAX is something to consider.

Oakshadow Apr 8, 2021 2:32 pm

Sad that that the VS lounge is being replaced with the SC. I was one of the few people who preferred the Clubhouse during PriorityPass hours over the SC. While it lacked SC's food and drink amenities during those hours, because it was unpopular it was much more relaxing with hardly anyone in there. Nice apron views too - I have no problem looking at WN aircraft. :p

Hopefully this will mean somewhat less crowding in the main T2 SC (or whatever it will be called).