Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

New SkyClub in LAX T2, what do you know about it?

New SkyClub in LAX T2, what do you know about it?

Old Jun 7, 2021, 12:26 pm

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by NOLAnwGOLD
The KE lounges at ICN aren't good either. Very crowded and though the food slightly better than LAX, not what I would want for a J product. I stopped at a PP lounge in the past which I really like MUCH better in ICN.
Last time I was at ICN everything was crowded. Granted my last time at ICN was the day (Feb 2, 2020) travel was getting crazy and ICN was packed - as were all of the lounges - KE and PP. I checked out several of them as I had a long connection. I had been scheduled to fly CJU-PVG-JFK-RDU on a business class award ticket. MU cancelled CJU-PVG. To their credit, DL took care of me - got me on a CJU-GMP flight and then ICN-ATL-RDU. Kept me in business on the 350 and even got me home 12 hours early as I didn't have to overnight at JFK.
Old Jun 10, 2021, 8:40 pm

Programs: DL Gold, Hhonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum
I was in the LAX Terminal 2 Skyclub yesterday and was quite pleased. There was a nice food selection and the bar was open. The buffet procedure was to enter the line, a rope separated people from the buffet. There were several friendly staff members who would put your selected food on a plate. There was a nice selection of hot and cold sandwiches, including Impossible Burgers. There was hummus and pita, some salads, chips, fruit, cookies, etc. There was also some Thai soup that I intended to select, but I forgot. The soup was off to the side. Even though there is apparently a shortage of ketchup packets, I was able to obtain all that I needed. Everyone was friendly and eager to please.
I also had a gin and tonic from the bar.

Last edited by chica; Jun 10, 2021 at 8:41 pm Reason: Omission
Old Jun 10, 2021, 8:59 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by chica
I was in the LAX Terminal 2 Skyclub yesterday and was quite pleased. There was a nice food selection and the bar was open. The buffet procedure was to enter the line, a rope separated people from the buffet. There were several friendly staff members who would put your selected food on a plate. There was a nice selection of hot and cold sandwiches, including Impossible Burgers. There was hummus and pita, some salads, chips, fruit, cookies, etc. There was also some Thai soup that I intended to select, but I forgot. The soup was off to the side. Even though there is apparently a shortage of ketchup packets, I was able to obtain all that I needed. Everyone was friendly and eager to please.
I also had a gin and tonic from the bar.
Which club location was this in? There are now 2 separate Sky Clubs in LAX T2 literally located directly across the hall from one another.
Old Jun 10, 2021, 9:27 pm

Programs: DL Gold, Hhonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Yes, the two clubs across from each other is interesting. We went up the stairs, the club right by the stairs, said they were closing soon. We were directed across the way. That is the club I described. I did notice, 1.5 hours later, when we left, the first club was still open.
Old Jun 10, 2021, 9:35 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by chica
Yes, the two clubs across from each other is interesting. We went up the stairs, the club right by the stairs, said they were closing soon. We were directed across the way. That is the club I described. I did notice, 1.5 hours later, when we left, the first club was still open.
Sounds like you were in the original main T2 SC (the new one is located right to the left of the stairs when you come up) and there are reports that the “newer SC” has no alcohol yet. The old T3 (before it was torn down) had a similar 2 club set-up with both clubs being across the hall from each other.
Old Jun 11, 2021, 9:58 am

Programs: AS, DL, UA, Hilton, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott
The bar is open in the new/satellite lounge
Old Jun 11, 2021, 10:01 am

Programs: Delta PM, Delta Reserve, Amex Plat, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold ;)
6/10, 6-7am only the main club in T2 was open. The old Virgin club has a big Delta SkyClub sliding door, but it was closed. Club was moderately busy, but not jam packed.
Old Jun 11, 2021, 11:31 am
Suspended

Programs: ,united 1k, AA EXP, HH Diamond,BA gold, Hyatt globalist
Are they planning a D1 section
Old Jun 11, 2021, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by united 1k flyer
Are they planning a D1 section
I can't see how they could fit that in there. Maybe they could use this whole lounge for D1, but not really a part of it.
Old Jun 11, 2021, 5:39 pm

Programs: AS, DL, UA, Hilton, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott
There have been rumors of a D1 Lounge at LAX with the Sky Way construction, but nothing official being said. With the new Sky Club taking up the entire top floor (4th Floor) of the new terminal between T2/T3 in a different space than the current Sky Clubs, they do have potential options as to if/how they go forward with it.
Old Jun 11, 2021, 6:13 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1MM
Given the source, I would take it with a grain of salt. But it sounds like the new SkyClub may include a D1 lounge.

https://renespoints.boardingarea.com...irside-skyway/
Old Jun 11, 2021, 10:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
I’ll believe it when I see it. Also, if it’s nothing more than a sectioned off area for D1 with no additional dining and premium beverage options, it’s a waste of time and money IMO.
Old Jun 12, 2021, 8:53 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
I’m in the Clubhouse Sky Club now; the posted hours for today (Saturday) are 0730 to 1430. Club has about 15-20 people in it at the moment.
Old Jun 12, 2021, 12:27 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Hyatt Explorist, Wyndham Diamond
Briefly stopped by the new lounge just now. Only hot food option was pulled pork sandwiches. There was the usual pastries, Turkey club sandwich, cookies, and stuff like that. Maybe it’s just me but it felt really hot (temperature wise) inside.
Old Jun 12, 2021, 8:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by xjaehyun
Briefly stopped by the new lounge just now. Only hot food option was pulled pork sandwiches. There was the usual pastries, Turkey club sandwich, cookies, and stuff like that. Maybe it’s just me but it felt really hot (temperature wise) inside.
IME it's been hot on that side all the way back to when it was a NW WC.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.