Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Rebookings with RUCs/GUCs (schedule change/IRROPs/voluntary changes) Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rebookings with RUCs/GUCs (schedule change/IRROPs/voluntary changes) Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2020, 4:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Platinum Medallion
Getting RUC back after flight change

Hi all,

Quick question. I have a few transcon trips for work coming up. I recently applied a RUC for a LAX-JFK flight which was able to be confirmed in advance. However, my company's travel agency will sometimes re-issue a ticket if it finds a significantly lower fare. If this ticket were to be 'canceled' and a new one booked, do you know if I would lose my RUC completely? Or would it return to 'open' in my wallet?

Any similar situations / experiences?
21A likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2020, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by kylep1256
Hi all,

Quick question. I have a few transcon trips for work coming up. I recently applied a RUC for a LAX-JFK flight which was able to be confirmed in advance. However, my company's travel agency will sometimes re-issue a ticket if it finds a significantly lower fare. If this ticket were to be 'canceled' and a new one booked, do you know if I would lose my RUC completely? Or would it return to 'open' in my wallet?

Any similar situations / experiences?
TA lost access to ticket once ticket was reissued when you cleared RUC. TA can't do anything to it.
Old Jan 15, 2020, 4:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Platinum Medallion
Originally Posted by flyerCO
TA lost access to ticket once ticket was reissued when you cleared RUC. TA can't do anything to it.
To be clear, I still have my original flight and all is well. I just am curious about the "what if" --- if you cancel a flight, does your RUC just disappear from your account? Or will it be usable again?
Old Jan 15, 2020, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by kylep1256
To be clear, I still have my original flight and all is well. I just am curious about the "what if" --- if you cancel a flight, does your RUC just disappear from your account? Or will it be usable again?
I understand. However when the airline reissued the ticket (this has to be done) the TA lost access to it. They can't make any changes to it, rebook you, anything.

Now all of that must be done directly with DL. If you cancel the ticket, then the RUC will remain attached to it. When you rebook using that ticket the RUC will be applied for those new flights. If you don't clear then the RUC is wasted.
Old Jan 15, 2020, 5:33 pm

Programs: DL DM
This is assuming Delta actually reissued the ticket already. If the ticket has not been reissued (after the RUC was applied) the the TA still has control of the ticket. I recommend checking with the TA or Delta to see if the ticket has been reissued
dlflyer00 likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2020, 5:44 pm

Programs: DL
Big assumption the ticket was reissued, when half the time it never reissues at all and I have to make them do it manually.
Old Jan 15, 2020, 5:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by dlflyer00
Big assumption the ticket was reissued, when half the time it never reissues at all and I have to make them do it manually.
I know others have this happen. However for last year, agents always reissue for me.
Old Jan 15, 2020, 5:54 pm

Last week I had a schedule change for a cleared RUC. I selected a different flight same day and am now RUC waitlisted. They promised to reopen the RUC if I do not ultimately clear but the original expiry date of RUC will not change.
Old Jan 15, 2020, 7:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by sydneyracquelle
Last week I had a schedule change for a cleared RUC. I selected a different flight same day and am now RUC waitlisted. They promised to reopen the RUC if I do not ultimately clear but the original expiry date of RUC will not change.
If you had already cleared, then you should've been rebooked straight into F on new flight. Callback as HUCA is in order.
Old Jan 15, 2020, 7:39 pm

If you had already cleared, then you should've been rebooked straight into F on new flight. Callback as HUCA is in order.
They said there was no RUC space available on the new flight.
Old Jan 15, 2020, 7:53 pm

Programs: Delta DM
It's nothing to do with RUC space. If you same day change a cleared RUC flight, you're supposed to be confirmed directly into F (if space is available). They don't check if RUC space is available, just any space.
Old Jan 15, 2020, 11:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

It doesn't matter. You had already cleared. Thus is case of HUCA because of bad agent knowledge. Callback and point out you had already cleared into F when schedule change happened and that you weren't rebooked into F. Agents can book you into F even if OY doesn't exist in this case.
Old Jan 15, 2020, 11:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by danielvdm
It's nothing to do with RUC space. If you same day change a cleared RUC flight, you're supposed to be confirmed directly into F (if space is available). They don't check if RUC space is available, just any space.
This was a schedule change, not SDC.
Old Jan 16, 2020, 7:22 am

Programs: Delta DM
Sure, isn't it effectively treated the same way?
Old Jan 16, 2020, 8:10 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
A schedule change is an involuntary change, like being rebooked during IROPs.

In practice, agents tend to rebook into the premium cabin if the ticket has already been reissued with the RUC, but if the RUC clears but the ticket hasn't been reissued yet, DL agents tend to view it as a coach ticket IME.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.