FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Delta's Easter 2021 Meltdown - 82 flights cancelled 4/4/2021 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/2037204-deltas-easter-2021-meltdown-82-flights-cancelled-4-4-2021-a.html)

WScottsdaleInsider Apr 3, 2021 5:49 pm

Delta's Easter 2021 Meltdown - 82 flights cancelled 4/4/2021

Looks like Delta is having pilot staffing challenges this weekend. As of now 82 flights have been cancelled tomorrow. Be sure to double check to make sure your flight is still operating.

DLASflyer Apr 3, 2021 5:58 pm

Same thing happened at Thanksgiving and Christmas. Can't wait for Fourth of July weekend when the schedule is even bigger.

Twohitwonder Apr 3, 2021 6:03 pm

Seat blocking

Seat blocking will be lifted for the next 2 days to help mitigate this. I’m glad I’m on leave because I’m sure there will be some upset people who booked with the knowledge of blocked seats.

spudley007 Apr 3, 2021 6:11 pm

Interesting...was wondering why so many flights were delayed out of DTW today with clear skies! The first two flights to MCO were both delayed, including the 6:40 am over 3 hours! Just odd for a Saturday!

SeaHawg Apr 3, 2021 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by Twohitwonder (Post 33149782)
Seat blocking will be lifted for the next 2 days to help mitigate this. I’m glad I’m on leave because I’m sure there will be some upset people who booked with the knowledge of blocked seats.

At this point, people shouldn’t (and from my experience, don’t) care. Every non-DL flight I’ve been on this past month has been completely full.

We’re a year+ into this. If the thought of not being 20” away from a seatmate makes someone wilt, perhaps they should consider driving.

1/3 of ppl have at least one jab. The sky is not falling...

MCO Flyer Apr 3, 2021 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by SeaHawg (Post 33149820)
At this point, people shouldn’t (and from my experience, don’t) care. Every non-DL flight I’ve been on this past month has been completely full.

We’re a year+ into this. If the thought of not being 20” away from a seatmate makes someone wilt, perhaps they should consider driving.

1/3 of ppl have at least one jab. The sky is not falling...

Agreed I’m not sure why DL didn’t end seat blocking on April 1st like they originally had scheduled.

dw Apr 3, 2021 7:07 pm

I do think most people probably don’t care at this point based on the high loads other airlines have been seeing as of late... but it’s a huge failure for DL because those tickets were sold with the promise of seat blocking.

williwaw Apr 3, 2021 7:21 pm

Platinum hold time officially over 3 hours...

Yellowjj Apr 3, 2021 7:55 pm

Originally Posted by Twohitwonder (Post 33149782)

Do you blame them after the way Delta has been milking the PR dry about it?

azepine00 Apr 3, 2021 8:40 pm

that's why many paid more to fly DL (and many decided to travel by plane) - under condition of blocked middle. Finding out that they were lied to will not go well...

DLASflyer Apr 3, 2021 8:44 pm

Cancels actually seem to be edging down a bit for tomorrow. Now at 71 per FlightAware.

https://flightaware.com/live/cancelled/tomorrow

MCO Flyer Apr 3, 2021 8:46 pm

Originally Posted by Yellowjj (Post 33149956)

DL PR has been a disaster for the past week. They are setting themselves up for more controversy in the coming days with this new change.

ty97 Apr 3, 2021 9:07 pm

I was wondering why I saw morning cancellations out of DTW tomorrow. Thankfully I seem to be fine for my flights.

Twohitwonder Apr 3, 2021 10:22 pm

Originally Posted by Yellowjj (Post 33149956)

Not even a little bit.

travelingdrsuz Apr 4, 2021 12:41 am

When I saw this title, I said, "AGAIN?!" out loud. I don't even fly DL. What a disaster. "Fly Delta: We'll ruin all your holiday plans!" Just wow! Like they don't have enough PR problems.