Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Status Accelerator - 2021/2022 Skymiles Year

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Status Accelerator - 2021/2022 Skymiles Year

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2021, 4:13 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Silver, IHG Platinum, One Man Street Fair in my spare time
Originally Posted by SuperG1955
I have been unable to get errors in Accelerator postings corrected by writing. Has anyone had sucess using this route or do I have to call and have a CSR get involved.

Example: C+ ticket purchased for $, booked as W. Upgrade with RUC and ticket reissued as 'O'. Should have posted MQM, MQD and RDM using 1.75 multiplier but posted using 1.5 instead.
I would urge you to call. I just got home from a trip to Greece, and while I appreciate the speed with which miles and MQDs were posted, the MQD posted was $500 short of the actual fare I paid. I did the web form (useless - got a form letter answer) - so called yesterday. It helps to have your numbers lined up really clearly - they will usually have to refer the issue/remediation to another desk, so you may have to hold a lot, but my issue was resolved in about 30 minutes.
Old Oct 9, 2021, 6:14 pm

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
Originally Posted by ebayj
I would urge you to call. I just got home from a trip to Greece, and while I appreciate the speed with which miles and MQDs were posted, the MQD posted was $500 short of the actual fare I paid. I did the web form (useless - got a form letter answer) - so called yesterday. It helps to have your numbers lined up really clearly - they will usually have to refer the issue/remediation to another desk, so you may have to hold a lot, but my issue was resolved in about 30 minutes.
Did you just call your standard elite line and get transferred from there? I submitted a form weeks ago for a trip leg that hasn't credited MQM/accelerator/etc and....no response. The rest of the trip posted fine, but nothing for this one leg.
Old Oct 9, 2021, 7:32 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Silver, IHG Platinum, One Man Street Fair in my spare time
Originally Posted by ty97
Did you just call your standard elite line and get transferred from there? I submitted a form weeks ago for a trip leg that hasn't credited MQM/accelerator/etc and....no response. The rest of the trip posted fine, but nothing for this one leg.
I called Plat Medallion line, and was put on hold twice but the agent got the resolution from the SkyMiles desk/side of things.
ty97 likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2021, 12:46 pm

Programs: DL PM
I called Plat Medallion line, and was put on hold twice but the agent got the resolution from the SkyMiles desk/side of things.
I submitted the online form when my MQD and RDM didn’t post correctly (excluded carrier surcharge). Finally ended up calling platinum line to get it resolved, took about 75 minutes on the phone. Was told several times that everything credited correctly but I was adamant that it had not, ended up working out.
ebayj likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2021, 5:29 am

Programs: DL DM
Has anyone flown a VS issued award ticket on DL metal? Curious if this earns SkyMiles and MQMs. There doesn't seem to be anything in the wording on the promotion page prohibiting it.

SkyMiles Members can earn MQMs, MQSs and MQDs for Award Travel on flights that are both marketed and operated by Delta and flown April 1, 2021 through December 31, 2022. 
I can't find anything that requires it to be (i) a SkyMiles redemption; or (ii) issued on 006 Delta ticket stock.

Anyone have real world experience with this?
Old Oct 11, 2021, 7:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NHFL9
Has anyone flown a VS issued award ticket on DL metal? Curious if this earns SkyMiles and MQMs. There doesn't seem to be anything in the wording on the promotion page prohibiting it.
I can't find anything that requires it to be (i) a SkyMiles redemption; or (ii) issued on 006 Delta ticket stock.

Anyone have real world experience with this?
I would not count on it qualifying. The T&C's specifically mention Skymiles accounts in association with Award Travel which suggests they are talking about Skymiles awards and not partner awards. Also, how would they calculate MQD earn in such cases? Can't really see them giving you MQD for partner mileage redemptions.

"Award Travel: Your SkyMiles account must have enough miles for the Award Ticket you are purchasing. All Awards are subject to availability, and additional taxes and fees may apply. See Membership Guide & Program Rules for details. "
Old Oct 11, 2021, 10:42 am

Programs: Delta PM
I second this. I recently took a trip to DXB with 3/4 legs being AF and the final being DL. The final 3 legs posted without issue, but I had to call in to get the first leg to post. Very helpful agent who had to be put on hold with AF, simply called me back once she had it resolved.
ebayj likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2021, 10:45 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Stupid question - if I book a flight using miles for someone else, and she enters her SkyMiles info, will she earn MQD under the changes this year?
Old Oct 11, 2021, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Adelphos
Stupid question - if I book a flight using miles for someone else, and she enters her SkyMiles info, will she earn MQD under the changes this year?
Yes, it's in the FAQ's. And she is the only one who can earn the MQDs since you can't put your Skymiles number on her reservation.
Adelphos likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2021, 10:38 pm

If I book a Y ticket with a RUC that clears at booking, I earn 1.75x MQM.

If I waitlist that RUC, and it clears at the gate, does the ticket earn 1.5x or 1.75x?
Old Oct 14, 2021, 11:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by WillBarrett_68
If I book a Y ticket with a RUC that clears at booking, I earn 1.75x MQM.

If I waitlist that RUC, and it clears at the gate, does the ticket earn 1.5x or 1.75x?
According to T&C's, Certificate upgrades are not eligible for higher bonus no matter when they clear.
  • If you are upgraded to a premium cabin using an Upgrade Certificate or through a Complimentary Upgrade, you will earn bonuses based on the cabin you paid for, not the cabin you were upgraded to.
Old Oct 15, 2021, 9:30 am

Programs: DL 2MM/PM, HH LT <>, Amex Plat
I've decided to go for Platinum with the status accelerator boost.

Does anyone have a spreadsheet they can share to track progress? It's so complicated!

Jim
Old Oct 15, 2021, 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by xliioper
According to T&C's, Certificate upgrades are not eligible for higher bonus no matter when they clear.
  • If you are upgraded to a premium cabin using an Upgrade Certificate or through a Complimentary Upgrade, you will earn bonuses based on the cabin you paid for, not the cabin you were upgraded to.
I know that's what it says, and I am hoping like heck they don't audit, but I have used 6 RUCs in the past 3 weeks, with the most recent one landing 90 minutes ago. Five were PDX-ATL or ATL-PDX, the 6th was the D1 marketed flight from JFK-SEA. All but the JFK flight cleared during my call or a couple of days before the trip. The JFK flight cleared at the gate. All 6 of these flights awarded the 1.75 multiplier for both MQM and MQD.

Here are the results from today's flight - a U fare with an RUC.
Old Oct 17, 2021, 1:14 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles (Silver), AAdvantage, Sun Country, FmrUS Airways Dividend Miles, Northwest WorldPerks
Originally Posted by exwannabe
I think your odds of DL One (technically F, though lie-flats) are about zero.

But if you can score an upgrade into C+, that might have you seated in the premium select seats if available as they are sold as C+ on domestic flights.
To follow up on this, we didn't get DL One, but did snag PS yesterday.
Old Oct 19, 2021, 2:09 pm

Hello all,

I wasn’t able to find an answer in the Delta FAQ page and I just want to be 100% sure.

I am on track to hit Platinum this year with the help of both an accelerator (12.5k) and the Reserve sign up bonus (20k).

If my qualifying spending thresholds happens before Dec 31, but the MQMs don’t post to my account until Jan 2022, will the MQMs still count in year 2021?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.