Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Status Accelerator - 2021/2022 Skymiles Year

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Status Accelerator - 2021/2022 Skymiles Year

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2021, 8:31 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles (Silver), AAdvantage, Sun Country, FmrUS Airways Dividend Miles, Northwest WorldPerks
Just clinched Silver. Is there any disadvantage to requesting upgrades to F AND Comfort+ (i.e., because I'm a lowly, lowly Silver, will they be more likely to put me in C+ and someone else in F)?
Old Sep 24, 2021, 8:47 am

Originally Posted by JSprague24
Just clinched Silver. Is there any disadvantage to requesting upgrades to F AND Comfort+ (i.e., because I'm a lowly, lowly Silver, will they be more likely to put me in C+ and someone else in F)?
In theory, the two upgrades are not exclusive and you could get both. In practice, it's fairly uncommon for a Silver to get the F upgrade - but that's mostly because every Diamond, Platinum, and Gold gets a shot before you. If you are on a low competition route, flying off-hours, it can happen - but don't expect to be sitting up front on JFK<->LAX on a Sunday or Thursday.
Old Sep 24, 2021, 9:43 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles (Silver), AAdvantage, Sun Country, FmrUS Airways Dividend Miles, Northwest WorldPerks
Originally Posted by Qwkynuf
In theory, the two upgrades are not exclusive and you could get both. In practice, it's fairly uncommon for a Silver to get the F upgrade - but that's mostly because every Diamond, Platinum, and Gold gets a shot before you. If you are on a low competition route, flying off-hours, it can happen - but don't expect to be sitting up front on JFK<->LAX on a Sunday or Thursday.
What I'm hoping for in the near-term is a Delta One or Premium Select on an ATL-SAN 763 on a Tuesday and/or a SAN-ATL 764 on a Saturday in October.
Old Sep 24, 2021, 5:01 pm

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
What I'm hoping for in the near-term is a Delta One or Premium Select on an ATL-SAN 763 on a Tuesday and/or a SAN-ATL 764 on a Saturday in October.
I think your odds of DL One (technically F, though lie-flats) are about zero.

But if you can score an upgrade into C+, that might have you seated in the premium select seats if available as they are sold as C+ on domestic flights.
Old Sep 25, 2021, 12:26 pm

Programs: DL, UA
the updated 'what you'll earn' on each booking is not accurate for me - even though now it is in theory including the 2022 accelerator it is still calculating lower than what the actual flight accrues so make sure to check post flight that it's accurate. YMMV
Old Oct 5, 2021, 1:31 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
I have been unable to get errors in Accelerator postings corrected by writing. Has anyone had sucess using this route or do I have to call and have a CSR get involved.

Example: C+ ticket purchased for $, booked as W. Upgrade with RUC and ticket reissued as 'O'. Should have posted MQM, MQD and RDM using 1.75 multiplier but posted using 1.5 instead.
Old Oct 6, 2021, 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by SuperG1955
I have been unable to get errors in Accelerator postings corrected by writing. Has anyone had sucess using this route or do I have to call and have a CSR get involved.

Example: C+ ticket purchased for $, booked as W. Upgrade with RUC and ticket reissued as 'O'. Should have posted MQM, MQD and RDM using 1.75 multiplier but posted using 1.5 instead.
I called 4 weeks ago and they partially resolved it within a matter of hours. I then called again 2 weeks ago to ask them to correct it again and was told my case needs to be reviewed....still waiting.
Old Oct 6, 2021, 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by SuperG1955

I’m having the opposite “problem.” I had a bank error in my favor - a couple of “zombie” segments in a PNR which had been reissued numerous times - ended up posting in addition to the segments that were actually flown.

Just hoping the “bank” doesn’t notice between now and the end of the year...
Old Oct 6, 2021, 4:35 pm

My original Delta ticketed flight was somehow reissued with an AF ticket number, even though I never spoke with anyone from AF/KLM. The first flight is marketed and operated by DL. Will I still receive the bonus for this flight even though I no longer have a 006 ticket number ?
Old Oct 6, 2021, 4:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mkt80
My original Delta ticketed flight was somehow reissued with an AF ticket number, even though I never spoke with anyone from AF/KLM. The first flight is marketed and operated by DL. Will I still receive the bonus for this flight even though I no longer have a 006 ticket number ?
Flights that are both DL marketed and operated should still get the bonus as T&C's do not mention any ticketing carrier requirement (just the marketed and operated requirement).
mkt80 likes this.
Old Oct 7, 2021, 8:50 am

Originally Posted by xliioper
Flights that are both DL marketed and operated should still get the bonus as T&C's do not mention any ticketing carrier requirement (just the marketed and operated requirement).
In this poster's case, of course, even if there were a ticketing carrier requirement they could still request ORC
Old Oct 7, 2021, 11:41 am

Originally Posted by WillBarrett_68
In this poster's case, of course, even if there were a ticketing carrier requirement they could still request ORC
Good to know! Although I am hoping it doesn't come to that given what a nightmare it's been to get $150MQD (and associated skypesos) back that were erroneously not credited to my account even though the cost is right there on the receipt and my travel companion who flew on the same flight and same reservation received the correct amount.
Old Oct 8, 2021, 9:27 am

Are there any accelerated accelerators for Medallions or is the rate the same for everyone?

I'm at 20 MQS flown (30 credited) with 8-12 segments to go for the year and just realized that, if I can get to 40 MQS flown, the 1.5x accelerator would get me to the 60 I need for Gold.
Old Oct 8, 2021, 9:51 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Are there any accelerated accelerators for Medallions or is the rate the same for everyone?
It's the same for everyone.
Old Oct 9, 2021, 3:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Globalist
Silly question, but if I take a round trip with my departing flight in Dec 2021 and return trip in 2022, will the MQDs and Accelerator bonus still post in 2021 after my outbound leg? Is there any way to know how the base fare is split between the two legs? I'll buy two one ways if I have to but it costs about 25% more...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.