Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Status Accelerator - 2021/2022 Skymiles Year

Delta Status Accelerator - 2021/2022 Skymiles Year

Old Jul 24, 2021, 3:51 pm

Hello, quick question.

I purchased a MAIN round trip ticket a few weeks ago for $266 (before taxes/fees). Today I purchased an Upgrade to C+ on both legs for $98 (before taxes/fees).
The Accelerator will do the 1.75x multiplier for the combined total of $364, correct? Or will it only do the 1.5x for $266 because the C+ upgrades were done at a later date?
Old Jul 25, 2021, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by slayaboy
Hello, quick question.

I purchased a MAIN round trip ticket a few weeks ago for $266 (before taxes/fees). Today I purchased an Upgrade to C+ on both legs for $98 (before taxes/fees).
The Accelerator will do the 1.75x multiplier for the combined total of $364, correct? Or will it only do the 1.5x for $266 because the C+ upgrades were done at a later date?
You will only get the 1.75x MQD accelerator bonus on the segments that were upgraded to C+. Not sure why you would expect them on the segments that weren't upgraded. MQD are awarded on a segment-by-segment basis, not a per-trip basis.
Old Jul 25, 2021, 11:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by xliioper
You will only get the 1.75x MQD accelerator bonus on the segments that were upgraded to C+. Not sure why you would expect them on the segments that weren't upgraded. MQD are awarded on a segment-by-segment basis, not a per-trip basis.
slayaboy paid to upgrade both segments. I assume that these two segments are the only segments in this direction (on the same fare component). So the 1.75 multiplier should apply to everything on the ticket (in that direction if it's a RT).
Old Jul 25, 2021, 11:58 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
slayaboy paid to upgrade both segments. I assume that these two segments are the only segments in this direction (on the same fare component). So the 1.75 multiplier should apply to everything on the ticket (in that direction if it's a RT).
correct, only 2 segments total. I was able to speak to a rep who did confirm I
will get 1.75 for entire ticket.
gotmilk8 likes this.
Old Jul 25, 2021, 5:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Okay, I guess I read it to mean there were more segments involved than just the two.
Old Jul 26, 2021, 4:36 am

Programs: DL DM
So how do you calculate your MQD on a mixed operated airline flight? I just booked LAX-DXB for Thanksgiving week for 190k mqm in J.

Outbound:
LAX-PDX: DL metal
PDX- AMS: DL metal
AMS-DXB: KL metal
Inbound:
DXB-CDG: AF metal
CDG-YVR: AF metal
YVR-LAX: WJ metal

Now I only expect to receive mqm/mqd on the Delta metal flights. How will this be calculated? I'll be around 13k mqd at the time, so I'll be cutting it close. Paid J is $6k-$9k rt, so that's not an option. One stop on KL and AF is only $750 rt in main, but there is no GUC availability on those options, even though I don't think the DL diamond agent tried very hard looking. There were some 2 stop options through SLC, but only the transatlantic flights would be upgradeable. Of course I'll keep trying to use my GUC on the AF/KL flights, as that would be the easiest option to satisfy the MQD requirement for Diamond medallion.
Old Jul 27, 2021, 7:16 am

Programs: DL FO 1MM
Originally Posted by bsagator
So how do you calculate your MQD on a mixed operated airline flight? I just booked LAX-DXB for Thanksgiving week for 190k mqm in J.

Outbound:
LAX-PDX: DL metal
PDX- AMS: DL metal
AMS-DXB: KL metal
Inbound:
DXB-CDG: AF metal
CDG-YVR: AF metal
YVR-LAX: WJ metal
I asked about this a few pages up and was told (with recent firsthand confirmation) that the MQD are divided proportionally by miles. The MQM will be based on the mileage of each segment.

Also, don't forget that any of these that are not DL marketed will earn based on partner rules, which could be to your advantage depending on the prices paid.
Old Jul 27, 2021, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Anyone having issues with this scenario which I'd presume is not that uncommon?
  • Purchase a main cabin flight, then pay the FCM buy-up to first
  • Schedule change requires ticket to be reissued
  • Flight posts with only credit for originally paid ticket and is missing the 'seat upgrade' credit for MQD and miles
Have this on a couple tickets now... only the original main cabin fare posted for MQD, accelerator, and miles... although the 50% F bonus posted but only on the base fare.
Sent in email request to have this corrected and credit for the missing MQD+accelerator + miles but no response after 9 weeks... and it just happened again on another ticket last weekend.
Old Jul 27, 2021, 11:43 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by angra
I asked about this a few pages up and was told (with recent firsthand confirmation) that the MQD are divided proportionally by miles. The MQM will be based on the mileage of each segment.

Also, don't forget that any of these that are not DL marketed will earn based on partner rules, which could be to your advantage depending on the prices paid.
Proportionally as in 2/3 of 1/2 will qualify for the MQD? As in 95k miles outbound, so 2/3 of that would be 63.5k miles? Or are we talking about miles flown?

But since I'm using miles, I just assumed I would not get any MQD/MQM on the partner operated flights.
Old Jul 27, 2021, 11:57 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by rylan
Anyone having issues with this scenario which I'd presume is not that uncommon?
  • Purchase a main cabin flight, then pay the FCM buy-up to first
  • Schedule change requires ticket to be reissued
  • Flight posts with only credit for originally paid ticket and is missing the 'seat upgrade' credit for MQD and miles
Have this on a couple tickets now... only the original main cabin fare posted for MQD, accelerator, and miles... although the 50% F bonus posted but only on the base fare.
Sent in email request to have this corrected and credit for the missing MQD+accelerator + miles but no response after 9 weeks... and it just happened again on another ticket last weekend.
In my case it was day-of-travel IRROPs and not a schedule change, but yes, similar issue with incomplete/incorrect posting.
Old Jul 27, 2021, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Seems like if anything causes the ticket to be reissued or require manual handling then the associated seat upgrade fare gets disconnected and you don't get the full proper credit.
Old Jul 27, 2021, 4:53 pm
ryw

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Titanium
As part of Delta extending elite status another year, the press release seems to indicate that they’ll also extend the ability to get MQDs and MQMs on award travel, even if the other parts of the accelerator program end in December 2021

“All Members will continue to earn toward Status on Award Travel through Dec. 31, 2022” - https://news.delta.com/delta-extends...dallion-status
Adelphos, vbscript2 and FlyerMD like this.
Old Jul 27, 2021, 5:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by bsagator
Proportionally as in 2/3 of 1/2 will qualify for the MQD? As in 95k miles outbound, so 2/3 of that would be 63.5k miles? Or are we talking about miles flown?

But since I'm using miles, I just assumed I would not get any MQD/MQM on the partner operated flights.
Normally, DL breaks things up by percentage of total miles on ticket each flight is. Ie 1000 miles total to be flown, flight is 100 miles, thus it's based on 10%.

However I believe for accelerator, DL just goes by straight length of flight since there's no $ value for the fare to breakup for MQD.
Old Jul 27, 2021, 6:00 pm

Programs: AS MVP 100K, DL PL
Originally Posted by rylan
Seems like if anything causes the ticket to be reissued or require manual handling then the associated seat upgrade fare gets disconnected and you don't get the full proper credit.
exactly same problem. I sent an email four weeks ago, but still no reply. Call wait time is just so looong
Old Jul 27, 2021, 6:38 pm

Programs: AS MVP 100K, DL PL
Originally Posted by lonelygod
exactly same problem. I sent an email four weeks ago, but still no reply. Call wait time is just so looong
well, sort of a surprising answer - maybe I didn't take ACCELERATOR101 that well:

Purchased main cabin award ticket, then paid $$ to upgrade to first class. Then schedule change hit.

During the ticket re-issue, upgrade fees were gone in the receipt, but I kept the F seat in the new itinerary.

Called today, both Singapore line and U.S. platinum desk, both said the upgrade fee wouldn't earn me miles, or MQDs, after they "discussed" this with Skymiles desk.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.