Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Status Accelerator - 2021/2022 Skymiles Year

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Status Accelerator - 2021/2022 Skymiles Year

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2021, 3:22 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Glad you got it worked out satisfactorily.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 12:09 pm

Programs: Hhonors Gold, DL PM
Originally Posted by kjnangre
I'd assume a full J segment on DL metal would get MQM = distance * 2 * 1.75, but I don't see this particular scenario mentioned anywhere in the T&Cs.
Does anyone have any recent experience for this? I have a flight tomorrow booked in OJ. Wondering if this would qualify for the double MQM or just 1.5 MQM (without the accelerator).
Old Jun 15, 2021, 2:13 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
This is a little early to give a complete update, but using miles to upgrade got me my MQDs, including with the 75% accelerator. The account activity is a bit bizarre. Details below:
  • 5/26 booked flights for $432 out of pocket and used 9800 miles for upgrade to FC. Flights were on 6/13 and 6/14. If out of pocket and miles all get the same results, I would expect a total of $932 MQDs [($432+98) x 1.75 = $932]
  • Posted 6/13 got MQD of $86 in total, including $37 Seat Upgrade Accelerator. This would correspond to 4900 miles used for the upgrade on the first leg.
  • Posted 6/15 a total of $850 MQDs - $243 for each leg, plus $182 2022 Medallion Status Accelerator. No separate breakout for the other upgraded leg, but the total ($850 + $86, or $936) is just a hair more than I expected.
One remaining item - I paid yesterday another $169 to switch to a confirmed earlier flight, so I'm waiting for that to post for my MQDs.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 5:58 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles (Silver), AAdvantage, Sun Country, FmrUS Airways Dividend Miles, Northwest WorldPerks
If I'm one party on a ticket with multiple people (we have a couple leftover Companion Certs to burn from COVID not in my name), I've got it made but, if I have to be the one spending the money, I might have a bit of work to do, so I'll ask: Do any flights you take count for MQSes or are there restrictions involved? (There are always catches.) I'm at 12 for the year (8+4 bonus) and, if I'm estimating the accelerator correctly, 20 would be sufficient for Silver (20 x 1.5 = 30). (I should be good on the $25k waiver, as I've had to make one big purchase for my business this year, with another coming.)

*Before anyone says "Silver isn't worth anything", I was fairly successful in getting upgrades into/out of DAB the last time I had it.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 6:27 pm

Hello all,

If can someone can verify my math I've done using the accelerator program as I try to maintain Silver this year.

I'm currently at $188 MQD.

I have several flights booked that I'm trying to put into the accelerator program:
- $145 base fare in Main Cabin = $217 MQD after boost
- $138 base fare in Main Cabin = $207 MQD after boost

3000 - (188 + 217 + 207)= $2388 MQD Remaining

Now here is where I get a bit confused.
I have an international flight booked using Miles + Cash
The original Comfort+ Miles cost for this flight was 58,000 miles.
When using Miles + Cash, it ended up costing me 38,000 miles + $380(without taxes).
This would all equate to $1245MQD, correct?

If so, $2388 remaining to achieve - $1245= $1143 MQD I need to spend. Did I do the math correct?
Old Jun 15, 2021, 6:45 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Originally Posted by kjnangre
I'd assume a full J segment on DL metal would get MQM = distance * 2 * 1.75, but I don't see this particular scenario mentioned anywhere in the T&Cs.
Originally Posted by AviationFreak
Does anyone have any recent experience for this? I have a flight tomorrow booked in OJ. Wondering if this would qualify for the double MQM or just 1.5 MQM (without the accelerator).
I had a trip, paid F (Z fare) on May 5 and SDC'd both segments which were reticketed as J. I received the 100% bonus for J and the .75% for the Accelerator in F.

Old Jun 16, 2021, 10:42 am

Delta botching acelleorator program with upgraded miles

Hello everyone,

I am seeking some advice as my own research on the matter seems to have hit a snag.

I purchased Premium Select ICN-ATL RT tickets ages ago and eventually upgraded with miles for 45k per leg (90k total). Delta introduced the accelerator program which is awesome as I knew I was flying international to snag a lot of MQDs. Looking at the website, I see that milage upgrades are recognized so my 90k SkyMiles will be 900 more MQDs in addition to my $1781 spent on the tickets. Once my trip is complete, I was expecting to get about 4700 MQDs. However, I noticed my MQDs did not post correctly after half my journey. I messaged in and finally got someone who told me that the mileage upgrade is not recognized by the accelerator program.

After digging a bit, I saw on the FAQs that "Mileage Upgrade Awards" are not recognized in the accelerator program. However, the example on their website (https://www.delta.com/us/en/skymiles...on-accelerator) is literally what I did. I purchased my tickets for $1781 and then paid 90k SkyMiles to Delta One.

Any insight? This is entirely confusing.
Old Jun 16, 2021, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Their example is for the online upgrade option which can be purchased with either cash or miles. The mileage amount is based entirely on the cash price offer at an exchange rate of 1 cent per mile. This is also commonly referred to as First Class Monetization or FCM on Flyertalk. This is different than Mileage Upgrade Award program which can only be done by an agent and the mileage amount is fixed. The Mileage Upgrade Award program has been reduced in scope in recent years and is no longer even offered for flights within North and South America (the only option for these flights are the online FCM offers).
Old Jun 16, 2021, 10:59 am

Programs: Delta PM
Originally Posted by xliioper
Their example is for the online upgrade option which can be purchased with either cash or miles. The mileage amount is based entirely on the cash price offer at an exchange rate of 1 cent per mile. This is also commonly referred to as First Class Monetization or FCM on Flyertalk. This is different than Mileage Upgrade Award program which can only be done by an agent and the mileage amount is fixed.
This is what I figured.
Old Jun 16, 2021, 11:01 am

Thanks. That makes sense and honestly more clear than the agent I was speaking with. She unfortunately had no idea.

So short version is since it is a fixed milage upgrade I will not get to use the SkyMiles for the accelerator program?
Old Jun 16, 2021, 11:18 am

Programs: Delta PM
Originally Posted by sbr7d
Thanks. That makes sense and honestly more clear than the agent I was speaking with. She unfortunately had no idea.

So short version is since it is a fixed milage upgrade I will not get to use the SkyMiles for the accelerator program?
Correct.
Old Jun 16, 2021, 12:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
MUAs book into an upgrade fare bucket (which isn't eligible for additional bonus -- similar to GUCs / RUCs / Comp Upgrades) where FCMs booked ahead of time often book into the revenue fare bucket (I have an upcoming flight booked with cash and upgraded with miles that booked into Z upon upgrading -- I expect to receive the bonus from the Accelerator in this case).
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2021, 3:29 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by JSprague24
If I'm one party on a ticket with multiple people (we have a couple leftover Companion Certs to burn from COVID not in my name), I've got it made but, if I have to be the one spending the money, I might have a bit of work to do, so I'll ask: Do any flights you take count for MQSes or are there restrictions involved? (There are always catches.) I'm at 12 for the year (8+4 bonus) and, if I'm estimating the accelerator correctly, 20 would be sufficient for Silver (20 x 1.5 = 30). (I should be good on the $25k waiver, as I've had to make one big purchase for my business this year, with another coming.)

*Before anyone says "Silver isn't worth anything", I was fairly successful in getting upgrades into/out of DAB the last time I had it.
Is hitting the MQD waiver also going to trigger the MQM spend bonus? That’s another 12.5K for the Platinum Skymiles card or 18.75K for the Reserve at $30k.

Combine that with the 500 MQM minimum per segment (now 750 for the rest of 2021) and I’m pretty sure you hit by miles and not segments.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2021, 3:54 pm

Programs: Hhonors Gold, DL PM
Update: OJ posted only with the 50% class bonus (+75% accelerator). Will call and see if it shouldn’t really be 100% for the J class bit.
Old Jun 16, 2021, 4:33 pm

Update: OJ posted only with the 50% class bonus (+75% accelerator). Will call and see if it shouldn’t really be 100% for the J class bit.
No. The T&C's state 50% on D1 Awards

How will I earn MQMs, MQSs and MQDs on Award Travel?
Spoiler

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.